Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2015 10:32:05 PM EDT
I have an affliction, I love seeing A1/A2 stocks with rack numbers painted on them. Just something about it gets my blood boiling, and just gets me more psyched about the rifle. All my fixed stock rifles have rack numbers.....with the exception of my midlength and it feels lonely.

Does anyone know of a vendor who sales them or where I can find the proper stnecil to make it happen? I've tried a few before and always come out ugly. Never saw them when I was in the Army, we just used paint markers on our M4s
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I could have spent $15.00 to buy a stencil set, but they're either too big or too small.  So I made my own using some samples I found on the interweb.  I enlarge or reduce the size of the letters and numbers using the enlarge or reduce feature on the copying machine until I get the right size.  Then I used an Exacto knife to cut out the dark areas of the numbers & letters and voila I have a set of custom made stencils.  Here's the end result ... I personally like yellow paint because I've spent enough time staring at the sides of USGI ammo cans  BTW, I distressed the rack numbers after I painted them.  But you don't really need to because they'll get roughed up after a couple of shooting trips.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If anyone is near Ft Lewis, I know where you can find a bunch of those brass stencils, in an actually good surplus store near Camp Murray.

(I was on my way to see the court clerk, so I could file my response to my ex-'s motion, I went in for 7, but came out with 22 really good but used USGI 30rd mags, at $5.95/ea )
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
All that's missing is a selector lever  that has..         no pew-- pew-- pew pew pew ..     nice weapon  
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could have spent $15.00 to buy a stencil set, but they're either too big or too small.  So I made my own using some samples I found on the interweb.  I enlarge or reduce the size of the letters and numbers using the enlarge or reduce feature on the copying machine until I get the right size.  Then I used an Exacto knife to cut out the dark areas of the numbers & letters and voila I have a set of custom made stencils.  Here's the end result ... I personally like yellow paint because I've spent enough time staring at the sides of USGI ammo cans  BTW, I distressed the rack numbers after I painted them.  But you don't really need to because they'll get roughed up after a couple of shooting trips.

<a href="http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/pro2ndam/media/Retroland/P1010003-4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/pro2ndam/Retroland/P1010003-4.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Eh I did Walmart.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Eh I did Walmart.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top