Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:59:45 AM EDT
Thought I'd update those who cared on my progress thus far. What started out as just going to do one XM4/727 clone build has turned into two different builds, with a 3rd half way completed.  I was originally going to go with a 14.5" barrel, but budget constrains and then finding a freaking smoking deal on several 16" M4 configuration barrels on the EE tilted my hand.  Then I found a FN A2 upper on the EE that needed a good home, so I made that one my upper for my XM4 clone and took that Bushmaster A2 and have other plans for it.  I'm having fun with the builds so far, just getting parts as my paycheck allows it and building it whenever the weather turns crap (which lately is a lot). Just really need small parts now (minus the lower for the last build), but all in all its been fun just tracking down the sales compared to my normal act of wanting something immediately.    

The 727 clone specs
-DTI 1/7 5.56 16" barrel
-Bushmaster A2 upper
-Anderson Manufacturing  lower w/DPMS lpk
-Lone Star 6 hole handguards
-Core 15 BCG
-Commercial waffle stock and buffer tube

The XM4/BHD clone
-FN A2 upper
-16" PSA CL MP barrel
-PSA Toolcraft BCG
-Commercial Car buttstock & tube
-Lone Star 6 skinny handguards
-Surefire 6P light & mount (trade/gift from Bigger Hammer-great guy!)
-Anderson Manufacturing lower w/DPMS lpk
-AimPoint Mark III (not picutured)

A2 carbine fun build
-Bushmaster A2 upper
-BCM 16" barrel marked HP 5.56 Nato
-KAC M4 rail
-MagPul RVG
-MagPul K grip (in the mail)
-MagPul CTR stock (in the mail)
Planning on buying a PSA Afghanistan Blem lower and PSA lpk to finish it out.  Once I get all the parts, I'll probably krylone it as an inside joke to the guys in my old unit because we had to paint out rifles before we went downrange. But we didn't have krylone, just really really really crappy spray paint.

</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't build just one .....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I couldn't either.  

Damnit this RBRD is like eating doritos.  I'm waiting on the barrel for my XM177E2 clone (at Adco right now being done by arfcom member bigbore) to come back.

Sarge - glad I could help you out.  If you need any more help let me know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm working one 3 more and I'm not even home.  Wife's getting all my packages.

CD
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I couldn't either.  

Damnit this RBRD is like eating doritos.  I'm waiting on the barrel for my XM177E2 clone (at Adco right now being done by arfcom member bigbore) to come back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't either.  

I'm good for the moment, the mount looks great on there.  Just have to tighten up the barrel and then get my go/no-go gauges to check headspace before I start firing. Between that and then getting a dust cover assy, foward assist assemble, and front sight assy (spring, post, and detent) I'l be all done with the first two builds. The last one I'm going to take my time with, try to get it done as cheap as possible.  Still wanting to try to build one for under $400, always end up just over $425
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm working one 3 more and I'm not even home.  Wife's getting all my packages.

CD
View Quote

that's how I was when I was in Afghanistan, my parents got to be first name basis with the delivery guys.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking good so far

I just finished my 6th A2 build tonight and am waiting for a few other parts for a M4 and a 723 build.

Looking through my parts boxes becomes dangerous as they like to jump out and become rifles
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Ended up having to sale both of them unfortunately. Fiance and I had to move, needed the cash more than the rifles. Thankfully I made money on the two, and since I did it my fiance bought me some goodies for my fum build AR. Been meaning to do another BHD clone, but currently starting an IDF clone
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top