Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2014 10:36:30 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster 14.5 inch carbine  with A1 fixed carry handle,The FSB has a crown embossed  on it.   So now I want to build a new upper for it.I have ordered a new 16 inch heavy barrel from Windham weaponry which  also has crown embossed on the FSB . Also ordered a BCM flattop receiver which I'm going to install the new barrel on. And now here comes real question I have just bought a stand alone Troy battle site  ( which is made to use with a standard FSB )to put on my BMC flattop receiver .  I believe I'm going to have to install a taller front site post  in the  FSB.  CAN anyone advise me what the differences between  the standard front FSB  and  the F marked  and the Crown embossed  one ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
"F" marked FSB is .040" taller. Any other markings are forge marks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine only has the crown  embossed the left side of the FSB.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the board OP  The crown is just a forge mark which indicates who makes the forging for the FSB.  The old Bushmaster used to have the same forge mark on their FSB and I guess WW uses the same folks.  If your FSB is NOT stamped with an F on the left side, then it's just a standard FSB which was designed to be used with carry handle upper receivers.  You can use the barrel with standard FSB on a flat-top upper receiver, but you'll need to get a taller FS post in order to sight it in properly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha ha I knew there was something to it, thank you
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top