Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2016 7:59:21 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I have a Adams Arms piston kit on a Seekins Upper with Shilen barrel. I can push the button in but it doesn't turn (to go to the other setting) nor can I get the piston out the front of the block. Any remedies?

It was like this new and I now have about 40-50 rounds through it and still no change. I am new to pistons and a gunsmith built this one for me. Not new to AR's and I have built a handful of DI's.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same issue do you have the xlp block? I had to put a small wrench to the knob and turned it by force.

Forgot the size jus bring it to a local hardware store
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Which model Gas Block do you have? You can email me at [email protected] for further questions or troubleshooting. We will help get it taken care of.

Cody
Adams Arms
Customer Service Manager
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey Guys,

I have a Adams Arms piston kit on a Seekins Upper with Shilen barrel. I can push the button in but it doesn't turn (to go to the other setting) nor can I get the piston out the front of the block. Any remedies?

It was like this new and I now have about 40-50 rounds through it and still no change. I am new to pistons and a gunsmith built this one for me. Not new to AR's and I have built a handful of DI's.
View Quote

Torchy,
i have had this happen several times.  carbon builds up from the gas port and will make turning/removing the piston plug very difficult.  to fix, after firing (let the piston cool some first) rotate the piston to remove the fouling prior to storing.  this will become less of an issue when the piston plug get some wear in it.

good luck with this.  if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Fatkid
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I use regular Ole anti seize on my Sig,Lwrci, and AA pistons. Helps with the carbon seizing thing.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top