Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2016 8:39:25 PM EDT
is your adjustment knob really hard to turn after a few hundred rounds? I have dismantled the gas block and cleaned it and the knob moved easily. I shot a couple hundred rounds and it was back to being difficult to move again. I disassembled again, cleaned again and used a very small amount of high temp grease and it was moving easily. I shot a few hundred rounds and back to being hard to turn. Is this just the way it is or can I do something about it? Different grease?

The gas plug is tough to remove from the block. I need to tap it with a brass punch to get it out. Please let me know your experience with this gas block so I can assess if this is normal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
is your adjustment knob really hard to turn after a few hundred rounds? I have dismantled the gas block and cleaned it and the knob moved easily. I shot a couple hundred rounds and it was back to being difficult to move again. I disassembled again, cleaned again and used a very small amount of high temp grease and it was moving easily. I shot a few hundred rounds and back to being hard to turn. Is this just the way it is or can I do something about it? Different grease?

The gas plug is tough to remove from the block. I need to tap it with a brass punch to get it out. Please let me know your experience with this gas block so I can assess if this is normal.
View Quote

I have one. It's just the way it was designed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess that's why it has flat spots so it can be turned with a wrench. I stuffed it under a 12.6" Midwest Industries SSM handguard and was hoping I'd be able to change the setting with the tip of a bullet, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess that's why it has flat spots so it can be turned with a wrench. I stuffed it under a 12.6" Midwest Industries SSM handguard and was hoping I'd be able to change the setting with the tip of a bullet, not so much.
View Quote

Haha I tried that same exact thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I can usually turn mine but it is hell to get out after shooting. I think the tolerances are so tight that with just the slightest carbon or grit, it gets stuck. I just get in the habit of cleaning that every time and coat it with Froglube.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can usually turn mine but it is hell to get out after shooting. I think the tolerances are so tight that with just the slightest carbon or grit, it gets stuck. I just get in the habit of cleaning that every time and coat it with Froglube.
View Quote

Its the design of their system. I run a different manufacturer's piston system that is regulated and they hold tight tolerances and I can run thousands of rounds and still have no issues regulating mine....its all in the design.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the XLP system for a 10.5 and a 14.5 and they are both very tight. The 14 has a little more clearance forward of the hand guard so I can get a better grip. The 10 is a royal PITA.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top