Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2016 8:36:48 PM EDT
So, I was lucky enough to get in on PWS's limited run of their Mk 220 in 6.5 Creedmoor.  It showed up last week, and over the weekend I had the chance to shoot 80 rounds of varying factory ammo.  All I can say is WOW!!!

The first 20 rounds were to break in the barrel and sight the scope.  After that, it was game on.  I used a box of Winchester match to break in the barrel, and shot a boxes of Hornady 140 gr, 140 gr ELD-M, and Nosler Custom Match.  At 100 yards, the 140 Amax was shooting lights out at .6"  The ELD-M was almost there, but had some larger groups that did not exceed 1".  The Nosler sucked in comparison, and at $42 a box, is not worth mentioning further.  The recoil was amazingly light, and there was almost no copper build up in the barrel.  

This should be the flagship rifle for PWS.  Unreal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pickup!! Looking forward to some more reports, and of course pictures or it didn't happen!

I hate to hear it was a limited run, it's nice to see more heavy options being made available.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, that's a great looking rig. Good pick up!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
any malfunctions when shooting it?

how did the brass turn out after shooting it? any significant damage? did you have to adjust the gas system at all?

that gun is sweet, jealous here

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering the growing popularity of 6.5, I can't see why PWS wouldn't continue to make the 6.5 an ongoing offering in the portfolio.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any malfunctions when shooting it?

how did the brass turn out after shooting it? any significant damage? did you have to adjust the gas system at all?

that gun is sweet, jealous here

View Quote

I didn't have any malfunctions with factory ammo.  I was having problems with my handholds, but that was because I tried getting away with not using a small base die.  The brass looked great.  I tried both the first and second position gas settings; preferred the first setting.  Thanks man, I absolutely love it.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top