Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
Hello all, I recently picked up a lwrc spr handguard and have a few questions about the install. The system comes with the rail ( front half and rear half that threads onto the reciever) a lock ring and lock ring tool. I've scowered the Internet for any info on how to install one with no luck. It seems to me that there should be a barrel nut of sorts that the lock ring torques onto or is the lockig ring supposed to be torqued onto the m4 extension collar? Thanks

Kevin
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pair of those handguards.  Both came with a proprietary barrel nut and proprietary tool.  I agree it's a little confusing without instructions.  Your barrel nut is that very small castle nut looking piece that threads into the handguard mount.  I agree it looks funky, but it works like a charm.  I highly recommend you use some antiseize on the thread interface between the nut and that inner thread portion of the mount.  Make sure when tightening that you keep a solid hookup between the provided barrel wrench and the castle nut looking teeth on that nut.  It's one of the craziest looking barrel nut, handguard mounts I've ever envisioned, but it works like a charm.  I wish I'd bought 2 or 3 more of these when CDNN had them on sale for $99.  And you're right...there's almost nothing on the internet to describe how this works.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
CDNN is selling the older style (mil spec) LWRC upper receivers with the various model designations marked on the uppers.  You can buy the complete upper receiver marked M6 SPR MOD 0 556, which is legacy LWRC model that used the SPR handguard that CDNN was also selling a few months ago.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/lwrc-upper-receiver-w-door-fa-24182.html?___SID=U.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CDNN is selling the older style (mil spec) LWRC upper receivers with the various model designations marked on the uppers.  You can buy the complete upper receiver marked M6 SPR MOD 0 556, which is legacy LWRC model that used the SPR handguard that CDNN was also selling a few months ago.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/lwrc-upper-receiver-w-door-fa-24182.html?___SID=U.
View Quote

Bought a couple of these uppers from them recently and have already built one rifle with one.  Nice stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top