Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:37:21 PM EDT
Hi! So I recently bought a Samson free float rail for my mid length AA ar15.  I am currently in the process of installing it but I ran into a issue.........I can't get the pins to budge from the gas block.  Kind of sucks, I looked around on adamsarms website and noticed the standard gas block they sell/use now looks to have 2 set screws.  I already broke one of my punches somehow lol, I tried heat and soaking it with random PB blaster.  That didn't seem to work either, I am doing more damage to my poor baby.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have access to a press I would try that first. Smacking it with a hammer and punch will likely mushroom the head of the pin.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/293_Adams_Arms.html

post there and ask what they'd recommend.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just went through this with my AA upper and Samson 7  . Easy as pie , squirt some Kroil on the pins  and get a good punch that is the right size and a hammer . Was fast and easy .
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks AA for the emails!  Very helpful!  Just got back from buying some punches and forgot that I need a 1/8 punch.  I got the punches half way out!  Learned a lot from this process that's for sure!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top