Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2010 5:38:46 PM EDT
Guys,

I'm looking at a LWRC M6A2 and I was wondering if LWRC rifles had any issues with carrier tilt ?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 5/2/2010 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
After about 1000 rounds, my M6A2 has exhibited no problems or unusual wear problems in the carrier. Check out the great LWRCI forums for more info on the M6A2 and how they've designed the BCG (and rifle) to limit most problems associated with the AR platform.

MP
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends when the upper was made.  They've made 3 revisions in the M6A2 design that I've followed personally.  I've seen pictures of an older one that had really bad tube gouging.  I never noticed that in the last two generations.  You can tell between the last two generations by the bolt carrier and drive rod.  The latest one uses a one-piece bolt carrier (finally), and a longer guide rod.  That's the one to get.  Careful if you purchase from online vendors.  I'd recommend asking which one they have.  After each revision there was a price bump, so if you find something significantly cheaper than the rest it might be old stock.  I doubt you'll end up with an older model considering the popularity of the rifle and upper.
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
After about 1000 rounds, my M6A2 has exhibited no problems or unusual wear problems in the carrier. Check out the great LWRCI forums for more info on the M6A2 and how they've designed the BCG (and rifle) to limit most problems associated with the AR platform.

MP

What about the standard M6 Rifles ? If I bought a new one would it be ok ?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 5/3/2010 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive had about 1500 rnds through my M6A3 with no issues at all, including no carrier tilt.

I believe all the models have the same bolt carrier group, so I don't think you'll have an issue with any of them if it has the newest revision one piece bcg.
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
All AR-15 and AR-10 piston systems have the forces that cause carrier tilt. What is relevant is how it is best managed. Check out Ruger’s video I think they explain it very well in this video.
Ruger's offical carrier tilt video

Check out my post. I think this is the best way to manage the forces that cause carrier tilt. It eliminates carrier contact with the buffer tube entirely.    
My post on ar15.com

Check out this piston system auto test that I ran with one of these carriers, zero wear in the buffer tube. Also running one in the AR-10 piston system with zero buffer tube wear.
Piston system torture test
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
where are the LWRCI forums you mention here?
Quoted:

MP

Link Posted: 5/4/2010 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I have zero issues in my a2.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
No issues thru my 3 M6A2 14.7 rifles. Have not fired the 2 SBR's yet. I got my son the M6 version adn his shows no signs either. So far so good. Also all bought with in the last 16 months
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Guys!

Link Posted: 5/4/2010 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP

Here
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#11]
No problems here either.  LWRC has the rear of the BCG called a "coffin".  It is fatter than my RRA's.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]
600 rounds of XM193.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP

Here

I got banned there cause borebrush is a biased douche bag
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top