[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I measured the two I had on my desk which will give you a good idea:

The 1" ring 0" offset model weighs in at 8.8oz
The 30MM rings with 2" offset weighs in at 9.6oz
View Quote

Any plans for a 34mm option?

Edit:  Just looked at your website and noticed you do.  
Any video's on how it functions/full review?  
How does it interface with the rail?
What is the height to center if the ring?
Any details on how accurate the return to zero is?
Any return to zero guarantee?
What is the warranty?

Only asking because I am planning on scope purchase in the next month or so and think this could be a contender for my top pick so far.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
So what does this do that the AR PEPR QD doesn't do? I thought maybe it would be lighter, but nope. I thought maybe it would be cheaper, but nope.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Samson offers a variety of options which is a hallmark of our products to begin with. We have never had a one size fits all approach. We offer the mount currently in 1", 30MM, 34MM and every mount is offered in 0", 2" as well as 3" offsets. Throughout the year we will be rolling out additional options (ie MOA cant models, as well as potentially a 35MM offering as requested by some users).

The locking hardware is completely made of stainless steel as is the positive latch holding the lever in place.

All of our scope mounts are made 100% in Keene, NH - USA in house where we have complete control of quality assurance.

We have worked with other leading industry manufacturers during the development of this mount. We did this both to gain insight into their needs as well as to prove the return to zero capability of the system.  As for the weight, our primary concern was to produce a mount that would offer the QD, RTZ capability that our customers require and leave no doubt as to the ability of the system to take serious abuse in the field. Weight became a secondary priority.

Thank you for the input! We are always looking for ways to improve the platform!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what does this do that the AR PEPR QD doesn't do? I thought maybe it would be lighter, but nope. I thought maybe it would be cheaper, but nope.

Samson offers a variety of options which is a hallmark of our products to begin with. We have never had a one size fits all approach. We offer the mount currently in 1", 30MM, 34MM and every mount is offered in 0", 2" as well as 3" offsets. Throughout the year we will be rolling out additional options (ie MOA cant models, as well as potentially a 35MM offering as requested by some users).

The locking hardware is completely made of stainless steel as is the positive latch holding the lever in place.

All of our scope mounts are made 100% in Keene, NH - USA in house where we have complete control of quality assurance.

We have worked with other leading industry manufacturers during the development of this mount. We did this both to gain insight into their needs as well as to prove the return to zero capability of the system.  As for the weight, our primary concern was to produce a mount that would offer the QD, RTZ capability that our customers require and leave no doubt as to the ability of the system to take serious abuse in the field. Weight became a secondary priority.

Thank you for the input! We are always looking for ways to improve the platform!

Thanks for the explanation. I was really hoping it would be a lighter weight alternative since the Aero Precision lightweight mounts don't come in QD. I do like that yours is offered in so many different offset and diameter combinations, and the locking mechanism seems to be top notch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Super happy with my T1 Ram mount.  Guess I'll be buying one of these as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know if this will work on a flat top ar, scope is 4x12 w 44mm front objective
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:46:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top