Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/14/2014 12:57:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice and well priced.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it. How does the anti- rattle work? Is there some sort of lock?

Do you have a weight for it?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Great job guys . Looks good . Will order.. What other online retailers will be carrying this stock ?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Really like this guys. Nice work.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a good looking stock!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
This is perfect, my girl was just complaining that none of my stocks were comfy enough and she wanted something padded for her three gun rifle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel like they will sell very well. Im waiting for a online retailer that offers free shipping.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Me likey
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks good, may try one out soon.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#12]
These look great.

What are the three slots at the top for?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn--first stock I have seen in a while That I really like!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Love your grips so I may just have to give this a shot. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love your grips so I may just have to give this a shot. Well done.
View Quote

I also love their grips.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks very nice. Would like to handle one first, but will probably buy one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Love the grips. May have to add a matching stock....these look great.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#18]
These look great, and the price is nice too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a cross between a Rogers and a MOE, I like it . I like the price too.

Only thing I wish it had was limited rotation swivel sockets.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice......how much do they weigh?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The complete buttstock weighs about 8.3oz
Without the buttpad and associated hardware we're looking at 6.8o
z

We used our Over-molding technology not just for comfort on the outside, but on the inside as well.
Most of the contact points where the stock touches the buffer tube are rubber, which mitigates the rattling & vibrations.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Great looking product, nicely priced
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The complete buttstock weighs about 8.3oz
Without the buttpad and associated hardware we're looking at 6.8o
z

We used our Over-molding technology not just for comfort on the outside, but on the inside as well.
Most of the contact points where the stock touches the buffer tube are rubber, which mitigates the rattling & vibrations.

thank you
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks good, thanks for another option!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also curious about the weight.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Reading is for faggots" and all that

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/651571_New_Hogue_Buttstocks.html&page=1#i6539921
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the idea of the QD socket that is on the forward end of the stock, up near the end plate when collapsed.  Having the three QD's is a good idea.  

I also like the price, but $50 would be better

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/651571_New_Hogue_Buttstocks.html&page=1#i6539921

Touche!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#29]
These new parts just never end...They keep coming....
Nice stock
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody tried one yet?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I like it
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anybody tried one yet?
View Quote

I got one, was really excited about these but was a little disappointed when I got it. First off its a very nice stock and well made. I was expecting the rubberized sections to be softer like the hand guards they make but they are not. I was looking for something to help with recoil on some big bore ar's. (Beowulf/Socom) These are not the answer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I got one, was really excited about these but was a little disappointed when I got it. First off its a very nice stock and well made. I was expecting the rubberized sections to be softer like the hand guards they make but they are not. I was looking for something to help with recoil on some big bore ar's. (Beowulf/Socom) These are not the answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody tried one yet?

Hows the fit on the tube?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I was expecting the rubberized sections to be softer like the hand guards they make but they are not. These are not the answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody tried one yet?

I was expecting the rubberized sections to be softer like the hand guards they make but they are not. These are not the answer.

I'm not someone who would be affected by this, but wouldn't a softer rubber pull out / irritate facial hair?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Is your grip pictured above the same angle/feel as the original one with the only difference being the added beavertail? Might try a butt stock/grip set if so!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fit on the tube ( mil spec) was nice, tight enough so not to rattle or wiggle but loose enough to slide smoothly.

Quoted:

I'm not someone who would be affected by this, but wouldn't a softer rubber pull out / irritate facial hair?

The rubber over the tube area is not my issue, its the recoil pad or lack of one. I was hoping it was softer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is your grip pictured above the same angle/feel as the original one with the only difference being the added beavertail? Might try a butt stock/grip set if so!
View Quote

I got one of these to try out, really like it, for me its the best grip I've got on my ar's. I thought I liked the original ones a lot and put them on 4 of my ar's now I wish I hadn't since I like this one so much better.  Seems just like the original one as far as angle and feel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good Call,
I was shooting my .450 bushmaster the other day and came to the same conclusion.
What we are working on now is an adapter that will allow the installation of either our squishy rifle pad that comes on our traditional rifle stock, or one of our grind to fit rifle pads.
IM me your address and I will send you one, you can let us know if we are on the right track.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good Call,
I was shooting my .450 bushmaster the other day and came to the same conclusion.
What we are working on now is an adapter that will allow the installation of either our squishy rifle pad that comes on our traditional rifle stock, or one of our grind to fit rifle pads.
IM me your address and I will send you one, you can let us know if we are on the right track.

IM sent. Be glad to test it out. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the look and the specs sound good. I have 2 of Over mold 10/22 stocks that have seen extensive field and range use, both have held up very well. I was very skeptical when I purchased the 1st one in 1997 as it was rubber and I figured it would tear up easily. I was wrong about that. I purchased the next one in 2000 and also found out they bed well when re installing after disassembly as well. My 12 year old as started using the older one and it it his favorite gun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I was waiting for one to read it for me and tell me what it said.

Anyway...I can read just fine....it's retention I have problems with....
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good Call,
View Quote

This is what's known as "doing it right". Classy move Hogue. :)

I have your grips on most of my rifles and love them. The stock certainly looks nice and I like the idea of a modular style system for changing out the butt pad. I'm curious, is that rubber looking nub at the top of the butt a permanent part of the stock and how soft/firm is it? With rubber in contact with the buffer tube, how smooth does the stock slide in and out? Will there be a future version with battery storage? Maybe have them be modular pieces that can be added or taken off at will? Are the rubber cheek weld parts swappable? (everyone knows AR's are like Barbie for dudes )
Once these show up at my LGS, I'll definitely check them out.

This question is off topic but something that's always mildly annoyed me. With your finger grooved grips, I get some bind between the rubber overmold and the selector lever. It's a bit worse with an ambi selector as both sides rub a bit. Have you guys ever thought about maybe thinning up the rubber under the area that the lever sweeps over? FYI, I use BAD ASS levers on my ARs.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#43]
i like the looks of the Red lava i know what i will be ordering soon.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#45]
How well does you od green match up to magpul od green?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#48]
so far my shoulder is saying yes
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#49]
This stock with soft buttpad would be great for guys running AR stocks on their shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top