Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2014 3:31:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool. I love how you guys are always on the cutting edge of advances in the firearm world.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
When will it be released to the market?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm putting together a 20" so I'll look into it when it comes out. Any idea on retail?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will get accurate pricing as soon as we settle into the run.  The same or less than key mod it will not be more.  
Thank you.  
Troy
MI
View Quote

Damn :(

I JUST got an upper with the Keymod rail. I'd have preferred the M-Lok. After 4 uppers with an SS12G2 handguard, the Keymod just doesn't look right.

Always good to see new stuff though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If only it didn't have the M-Lok logo...
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Its certainly a distinct mark and I understand Magpuls intentions, but its just another weird racing stripe next to laser engraved type, cnc milled, type and anything else on optics, flashlights, etc. Rifles are beginning to look a lot like Nascars.

Beyond that, it looks like a solid offering!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Planning on any other lengths?  As I could care less if it is an mlok but the weight is what I like.  I do not care for the keymod as I feel it looks like the shelving department at a hardware store.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Count me in.  Any plans for longer than 12" down the road?  Or will it be just 9" and 12"?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]
AAAAAaaaaand there's my next rail!

I really like the "3D" look of these rails versus just a typical aluminum tube.  Well Done MI!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We will make these in 9,10,12,15
Thanks.  
Troy
MI
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I JUST got an upper with the Keymod rail. I'd have preferred the M-Lok. After 4 uppers with an SS12G2 handguard, the Keymod just doesn't look right.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will get accurate pricing as soon as we settle into the run.  The same or less than key mod it will not be more.  

Thank you.  

Troy

MI

Also in this boat!

Any time frame for the 9 & 10 inchers....? There shall be a replacement!

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Will you be building M-LOK versions of all of your rails, especially the AK rail?
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Armalite AR 10 version?
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#18]
What about Smith & Wesson m&p10's and DPMS 308's?
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]
How much does M-Lok change the thickness of the rail compared to Keymod?
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Dang... here I thought I was never going to get rid of my REVs...

Dat weight
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How much does M-Lok change the thickness of the rail compared to Keymod?
View Quote

Looks like they weigh exactly the same.  I doubt anything is different except the shape of the holes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Will this come with any M-LOK rail sections or will those have to be purchased separately?
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Are there any weight differences between the M-Lock handguard and the KeyMod SSK handguards ?

Did you guys find any where you can shave more weight on the SSK system while working on the M-Lock system?  IE SSK Gen3

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

So take it off. Nothing a little solvent and/or sand paper can't solve.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wes
We look at everything when we release a new model. Weight is always something we keep a close eye on. It will be real hard loosing a significant amount of weight considering where we are at right now. Is it impossible ? NO.  Have we figured out a way to do it ? MAYBE
TROY
MI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any weight differences between the M-Lock handguard and the KeyMod SSK handguards ?

Did you guys find any where you can shave more weight on the SSK system while working on the M-Lock system?  IE SSK Gen3

Thanks
Wes

Wes
We look at everything when we release a new model. Weight is always something we keep a close eye on. It will be real hard loosing a significant amount of weight considering where we are at right now. Is it impossible ? NO.  Have we figured out a way to do it ? MAYBE
TROY
MI

Troy,
I'm on the fence between a KeyMod and M-Lock tube and I'm trying to figure out which system will be the most compact and lightweight.  I'm not convinced that M-Lock will be as compact as Keymod and I haven't seen any accesories that are noteworthy that are direct M-Lock install products(IE you don't need to put a piece of M-Lock rail section onto the tube and then attach to the rail with standard 1913 mounts).  For now I'm leaning toward Keymod but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wes
TROY
MI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

Wes
TROY
MI

Magnesium aluminum alloy????
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

All MOE direct attach accessories will be able to work with M-LOK rails with small adapter plate we will be releasing shortly. All Magpul MOE accessories will be made as M-LOK specific versions in 2014.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

Wes
TROY
MI

Troy,
I'm on the fence between a KeyMod and M-Lock tube and I'm trying to figure out which system will be the most compact and lightweight.  I'm not convinced that M-Lock will be as compact as Keymod and I haven't seen any accesories that are noteworthy that are direct M-Lock install products(IE you don't need to put a piece of M-Lock rail section onto the tube and then attach to the rail with standard 1913 mounts).  For now I'm leaning toward Keymod but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Thanks
Wes

All MOE direct attach accessories will be able to work with M-LOK rails with small adapter plate we will be releasing shortly. All Magpul MOE accessories will be made as M-LOK specific versions in 2014.

Magpul,
Since you chimed in...overall weight of attachment hardware is what I am most interested in details on.

For example, looking at your PDF it appears that the smallest attachment must be 60mm in length, having two wist to tighten T nuts and bolts along with one locking lug.  So how does that compare to KeyMod? Do I need 60 mm of space, do I need two attachment with hardware and a locking lug?

The next question I have is how much of a weight difference are we looking at in hardware alone.  Eventually small numbers add up and it seems like the T nuts combined with bolts that accommodate a wide thickness of material could stat to get heavy quicker than KeyMod.

How about loss of clearances due to the T-nut and bolts, especially when used on a metal free float tube.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I will get some weights for you tomorrow but the difference between similar M-LOK/Keymod attachments will be negligible. Keymods nut and bolt are smaller than an M-LOK but the M-LOKs design allows more material to be taken out from the under side of a rail or accessory so it will probably very close.

The PDF only shows one type of rail (60mm long) as we wanted to keep things consistent. We will have a smaller 40mm long rail being released in metal and polymer very soon. The 40mm long rail maintains full 4 way recoil lug support.

We have a maximum distance the bolt can protrude the underside of a rail. The only time we see this being a concern is the mounting of a suppressor within a small free float tube.

Minimum underside clearance is just the thickness of the T-Nut. The bolts used on the M-LOK accessories are commonly available (and user replaceable) so sizing a bolt to the exact length of a t-nut is easy but unnecessary in 99% of hand guard applications.
View Quote

If true, one could also fairly easily source titanium bolts of proper length for even more weight reduction!
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Can I assume that M-LOK will be available in the usual 3 colors and that grip panels and rail segments in various lengths available also?  How about other direct attach items like light mounts or vertical grips?  Edit - in metal as well as poly?
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#40]

ETA for time to market?

Wes
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The amount of weight to the cost to get there is at the point where its going to get more expensive than its worth. If you are talking a difference of less than 1 oz from one hand guard to the next you are really splitting hairs.

1 round of xm193 is .4 of a oz.

thanks
TROY
MI
View Quote

Consider me a hair splitter!
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Any plans for some 7" rails for those of us with SBRs in the works?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Just when I was reconciled to the new keymod system, now there is a new contender.  Multiple standards for the same thing not good. - CW
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just when I was reconciled to the new keymod system, now there is a new contender.  Multiple standards for the same thing not good. - CW
View Quote

Yeah cus variety is a bad thing...
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Am I the only one that kind of wishes it had a full length bottom rail?

ETA:  I wonder if there will be a "long" M-LOK section offered.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#47]
They could lose the top rail, & I'd fine with that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The amount of weight to the cost to get there is at the point where its going to get more expensive than its worth. If you are talking a difference of less than 1 oz from one hand guard to the next you are really splitting hairs.

1 round of xm193 is .4 of a oz.

thanks

TROY

MI

View Quote
People do love to split hairs though from what I have noticed.

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Geissele...MI....surely the others will follow suit.

I see Keymod going away eventually.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Geissele...MI....surely the others will follow suit.

I see Keymod going away eventually.
View Quote

How do you figure. It gained over two years of traction in the industry. Everyone and their brother is coming out with key mod stuff.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top