Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:04:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty crazy looking! Who doesn't need one of these?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like fun.  Now I only need a full auto lower to make really go
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Available wherever unicorns are sold.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
"Free select-fire lower with purchase!"
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to relive the past, but are these ready to ship or made to order or is this a pre-order?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to relive the past, but are these ready to ship or made to order or is this a pre-order?

Remember when Lucy would hold the ball for Charlie Brown?  
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I would love to have a Shrike
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I just shriked my pants  Man this would be the one to fill the void in my collection.  Awesome design and looks like a great product.  I am assuming it takes the regular nut sacks and the regular SAW pouches?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Mmmmm I love my Shrike! I also love that new rail, will you be releasing your bayonet lug barrels soon?

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Are they in stock ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Did the back orders get filled?
I hope you guys really get these out quicker than before. If so I would be interested.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Details on feed tray constuction? I want to give you my money. So damn bad.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was thinking it's a little late for April fools day.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 3:27:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Details on feed tray constuction? I want to give you my money. So damn bad.

That's the billet aluminum feed tray that comes standard, you can upgrade to a billet steel and a billet steel chrome plated tray IIRC.

People talk about excessive wear on the aluminum feed trays, my experience has been that initially the feed tray wears quickly, then stabilizes and additional wear is no longer noticable. I don't think it's worth the $800 upgrade out of the gate, spend your money on links and ammo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope the feed tray has been updated from the soft aluminum they used filling the beta testers pre-orders.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ares Defense:
Quoted:
Did the back orders get filled?
I hope you guys really get these out quicker than before. If so I would be interested.

We refrained from offering this product in the commercial marketspace until the backlog was wrapped up and we're pretty much there. Some standard configurations are in stock and we do allow some customizations to the orders which can cause some delay depending on the item. We strive to ship standard orders by the following day and custom orders in 3-5 days; although up to 14 days when our electroless-nickel feed trays or fluted barrel options get hit hard which has happened a couple of times.

Here are some pics of the assembly line at the height of filling the backlog. We've since overhauled the entire assembly floor for increased efficiency and have gotten away from "batch processing" assemblies and more into a "one piece flow" model that keeps the team focused on the individual order instead of building the batch, and also gives us the flexibility to customize orders on the fly. Stay tuned here for pics of the new assembly floor or like us on our Facebook or Twitter pages for the most up to date information. Thank you for your interest!

http://www.shrike556.com/uploads/Shrike-135.jpg

http://www.shrike556.com/uploads/Shrike-105.jpg

Tough crowd, eh, ARES?  

I'm sure this response wasn't unexpected - I've always thought the Shrike was an interesting concept, though I'm not sure I personally would have any use for one.  

I do wish you luck and more success in marketing and actually selling some of these things!  Hopefully if they're a success we can look forward to more new innovations out of ARES, just don't be surpised if folks are reluctant to do many pre-orders!    

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Avaialble 2023?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#20]
OP:

Are you fucking kidding me?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Well that's great to hear. I guess I need to start putting some money away.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Where do you find linked ammo at? Will the 249 saw nut sacks work on the shrike? Any arfcom discount?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#24]
So whats the price?
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the answers, Geoff.

Quoted:

So whats the price?

...and when will we be able to order?  

How long will we have to wait after ordering?

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So whats the price?

I believe that it was listed in the first post.  $5,595
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So whats the price?

5+yrs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Where can you buy links or better yet already linked ammo?
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#30]
you can get M-249 links from hi-tech ammo. Do these shrikes need modified links?
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Just went there doesn't look like they have any in stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Ares,

Do you sell accessories/upgrades on your site? I can't see any. I do not own a shrike yet but am looking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So whats the price?

5+yrs.

2weeks.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where do you find linked ammo at? Will the 249 saw nut sacks work on the shrike? Any arfcom discount?

I link my own, it's no more difficult than loading mags. Plus you can reuse the links and if one is to tight you can toss it out. The nut sacks will work with the mag well adapter. ARES doesn't sell the lower that adapts straight to the nut sack/200 round green drum.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ares,

Do you sell accessories/upgrades on your site? I can't see any. I do not own a shrike yet but am looking.

Yes, we have some listed at Shrike556.com. Thank you for your interest in our products!

Can get to the site but links won't work. Can you send me a list of accessories and prices I can order. Just ordered a shrike.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Hi Ares,

How is the heat management/over heating? For comparisons sake how hot does it run compared to a SAW for say 400 rounds rapid?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I will consider purchasing one of these once the back log is filled. Please advise when this occurs completely.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 3:08:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
you can get M-249 links from hi-tech ammo. Do these shrikes need modified links?

The Shrike 5.56 uses standard (unmodified) M27 links common to the M249 SAW. It will also digest early XM27 and S63 links used in the Stoner 63/63A LMG. The important thing about belt-feds is that quality links should be used. It's generally fine to use clean and undamaged links and they can literally be used many times over, provided people haven't been tromping around on them and they're not gritty with excess dirt or corrosion.

Jason Patch is the owner of Jason's Ammo in Yorktown, Virginia. He's been providing quality linked ammunition for many years to government and commercial buyers. He typically carries linked M193 and M855 USGI Lake City and he's a great guy. I don't think he has a website but his phone number is (757) 715-4689.

I'll post up some additional link information shortly. Thanks.

Jason is top drawer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So whats the price?

5+yrs.

We strive to ship standard model by next business day, custom upgraded orders usually within 3-5 days, but electroless-nickel feed trays and fluted barrel uprgrades can delay shipment up to 14 days if inventory on those parts is low. Thank you.

The gall of you to post this BS when I am still waiting since 2002. Total crap but ARES does not care!
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hi Ares,

How is the heat management/over heating? For comparisons sake how hot does it run compared to a SAW for say 400 rounds rapid?

If Your running the weapon correctly, heat is not a problem.

If you run 400 rds through any gun without a barrel change, Your asking for problems.....I'm not sure why you would even want to try this?

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#44]

We strive to ship standard model by next business day, custom upgraded orders usually within 3-5 days, but electroless-nickel feed trays and fluted barrel uprgrades can delay shipment up to 14 days if inventory on those parts is low. Thank you.

So 10+ years then?
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#45]
It would be nice if ALL the orders were filled from those who pre-paid 10 PLUS YEARS AGO!!!! Still people are waiting while Ares ships to other Florida based dealers who stock them. Nice product but shitty business ethics.
Steve
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Steve S:
It would be nice if ALL the orders were filled from those who pre-paid 10 PLUS YEARS AGO!!!! Still people are waiting while Ares ships to other Florida based dealers who stock them. Nice product but shitty business ethics.
Steve

This is 100% pure speculation, but I think Ares miscalculated cost and interest from the beginning, and discovered years ago that the pre-order guaranteed price was too low to cover their investment.  The large list of pre-orders became a liability sheet, a negative cash flow stream right out the door. There was no impetus to deliver at that price and, hence, focused on and prioritized forward-looking, profit-making sales of new units in the hope that there would be a large defection of impatient pre-order customers who wanted their $1000 deposit back, thereby reducing that liability slowly over time.  Every cancelled pre-order was another Shrike unit that could then be sold for 2-3 times the money, well into profitability.

This was -and sounds like it still is- a fiasco, but I'm quite sure there was design behind it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't ever want to fire 400+ rounds rapid. I wish I had never had to in the past and I hope I never have to again. I just want to know that should an event occur that did not allow the luxury of waiting for the barrel to cool, how your product compares to a SAW in that regard.

Incidentally, Jasons ammo is cheap. Most batches are very, very reliable. But, some have squib loads. I you hope to group sub MOA at 100, then just hope for a good batch. Sometimes it groups 2+ Inches at 50.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Just received my shrike very well built looks awesome, need to build a new lower for it. But i have plenty I can use to break it in, just need to be able to get out with it. Don't like the idea that the flash hider is not removable I wanted to put the kac triple tap on it. Anyone know how I can switch it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Steve S:
Steve

This is 100% pure speculation, but I think Ares miscalculated cost and interest from the beginning, and discovered years ago that the pre-order guaranteed price was too low to cover their investment.  The large list of pre-orders became a liability sheet, a negative cash flow stream right out the door. There was no impetus to deliver at that price and, hence, focused on and prioritized forward-looking, profit-making sales of new units in the hope that there would be a large defection of impatient pre-order customers who wanted their $1000 deposit back, thereby reducing that liability slowly over time.  Every cancelled pre-order was another Shrike unit that could then be sold for 2-3 times the money, well into profitability.

This was -and sounds like it still is- a fiasco, but I'm quite sure there was design behind it.

because thats great business ethic.

lets sell a product at a price and when we get to many order just not ship them and wait for cancellations so we can then mark them up 4 times as high and sell them while keeping others on hold for 10yrs.........yeah makes me want one of these
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top