BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2010 10:14:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it offered as a complete upper?  If not, why?
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got off the phone with Rainer Arms and they don't have these, and had apparently never seen one.

None of the other three places listed show them on their website.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Absolutely we are making these parts into a complete upper.  There is another thread on here and our industry page announcing our 5.45x39 Corrosive resistant upper.

Thanks, I looked it up.  I realize it's kind of a specialty item right now.  I'll definitely be in to buy one when they become a little more mainstream.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
rainier has the upper right on their web site
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
westernsportonline.com has had them on preorder since 04-01-10. They are good people I have bought all my AA parts there.

http://westernsportonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=265

Jerry
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Jerry, but I'm talking about what is shown on this thread:

Available for only $379 you can convert your upper and save yourself a ton of money on ammo.

These kits include:

A 16" carbine melonited barrel with a 1:8 twist

A melonited flash hider

A Wolff extra power hammer spring

A 30 round magazine

An ionbonded 5.45x39 right handed bolt
=============================

I already have a couple 5.45 uppers but want the kit for $379 that includes the barrel and bolt.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
May I ask what bore diameter you're using?
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]

I have over $650 into my S&W 5.45 upper.

tagscribed -
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks Jerry, but I'm talking about what is shown on this thread:

Available for only $379 you can convert your upper and save yourself a ton of money on ammo.

These kits include:

A 16" carbine melonited barrel with a 1:8 twist

A melonited flash hider

A Wolff extra power hammer spring

A 30 round magazine

An ionbonded 5.45x39 right handed bolt
=============================

I already have a couple 5.45 uppers but want the kit for $379 that includes the barrel and bolt.

Cheers.

Penta

Sorry about that.  

Hopefully John Humphrey or one of the other great people at AA will answer your question.

Jerry
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the barrel offered for a mid-length, also?
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the gas port melonited, or was that drilled after the finish process?
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#14]
will you be offering this type of kit with a melonited muzzle brake and smaller capacity mags for ban states?

......yes, ban states still exist
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#15]
does the barrel have flats or dimples for gas blocks?

Thx
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the gas port melonited, or was that drilled after the finish process?

Is the Barrel Extension finished as well?
Link Posted: 5/9/2010 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#17]
It to, would like to know the answers to the as yet unanswered questions asked as well as ask if there will be a 20" barrel offered?
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll try to answer all the questions that have been unanswered, if one is missed let us know.

The barrel extent is melonited along with the rest of the barrel and the gas port was drilled after the meloniting process.

The shoulder is a blank (no dimples or flats) so anyone can drill and pin a gas block, where ever it is needed, or use a clamp on style like the ones we sell with our retro fit system.  

Right now conversion kit only going to be offered in the configuration listed above.  We may do some other variations down the road (i.e. different barrel lengths and configurations, possible muzzle brake, etc) but we don't exactly know when.  

The dealers will be getting information on these conversions soon.

Hopefully none of the questions were missed.

Except for the "Is the gas port drilled... was it drilled before the melonite or after" question.  It does not appear to be drilled in the above photo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll try to answer all the questions that have been unanswered, if one is missed let us know.

The barrel extent is melonited along with the rest of the barrel and the gas port was drilled after the meloniting process.

The shoulder is a blank (no dimples or flats) so anyone can drill and pin a gas block, where ever it is needed, or use a clamp on style like the ones we sell with our retro fit system.  

Right now conversion kit only going to be offered in the configuration listed above.  We may do some other variations down the road (i.e. different barrel lengths and configurations, possible muzzle brake, etc) but we don't exactly know when.  

Except for the "Is the gas port drilled... was it drilled before the melonite or after" question.  It does not appear to be drilled in the above photo.

answer highlighted.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
May I ask what bore diameter you're using?

Yeah I would be curious to know this one also...........
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#22]
do you make it in 10'' and have you tested the, on full auto?
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#24]
You said that dealers will soon be getting information about these kits.  Can we call up and order directly from you?  I would like to order one later this week so I can put my upper together if possible.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

add me to those in NJ that need a mag of 15 rds and a muzzle brake for your conversion

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I am also very interested in a mid length barrel but have so far come up empty in a search.  Any ideas on timeline for that progression?  16" barrel preferred but thats just me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to see this with a front sight tower pinned in place so it's ready to go for those of us who don't want/need a railed forend.

Thanks for offering these.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd like to see this with a front sight tower pinned in place so it's ready to go for those of us who don't want/need a railed forend.

Thanks for offering these.

As a conversion kit this package is a clean slate of paper you can make it whatever you want. You can use our piston system, you can set it up as a direct impingement or park it in your safe for a rainy day.
Thanks
Jim

still confused...
will you be making the gas block as a pinned sight tree type thing or sticking to the railed gas block you have now?

Edit to add... thought we were talking about the piston kit. my bad. i get it now.
maybee openbolt was confused on that too.
this kit is a stripped barrel and the other bits you need to build a direct gas 5.45 upper.

BTW... about when will we see the mid length barrel?
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Bore diameter?
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#32]
How is the durability on these?

Have you folks at Adams Arms done durability testing on these with Russian surplus ammo?

Reason I ask is because i went with another brand 5.45 barrel, and it wasn't long before i started getting tumbling bullets.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I would be interested dependent on the magazines. I didn't see it listed, but are they proprietary or will standard AR-15 magazines work? And if not, what is the price and availability of the magazines for spares?  
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#34]
it uses 5.45 AR-15 mags.
as far as i know c-prod is the only manufacturer.

some people have used rev-m pmags and lancers and standard gi mags, but loading more than 15 rounds = trouble
87gn makes an upgraded follower that supposedly works better but reduces capacity to 28 rounds.
i am ordering a few and will post my thoughts when i know more.
wander around this forum and you will find everything you need to know.

Link Posted: 8/6/2010 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

it will use 5.45 ar mags.

as far as i know c-prod is the only manufacturer.

Thank JB', will go to C-Prod and see what they have!

Link Posted: 8/13/2010 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Will you only be offering the kits, or will individual parts be available as well?

I'm interested in purchasing just a bolt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bore diameter?

Excellent product offering AA!

+4 On Bore/Land diameter, Groove diameter, and Land-Groove count?

Edit:  thread spec on barrel/FH?

Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It does not appear to be drilled in the above photo.

The barrel is drilled in the top photo.  You can see it in the the lengthwise shadow in the middle
of the barrel if you change your internet display settings (menu item View, Zoom, select 150%
or 200%) and you'll see it.  You can also hold down the Ctrl button on keyboard and roll the
scroll wheel on your mouse.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Any range reports on these?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#40]
found one on Holiday Special! LINK
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#41]
60 day limit reached.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top