BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/1/2016 4:14:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe this will be of some help.

http://www.imageevent.com/willyp/firearmsalbums/uscoltarmalitem16ar15556/m16accessoryitems/bayonets

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Vintage-Imperial-M7Bayonet-Knife-TWB-M8A1-Scabbard-Mint-in-Package-AmhT-/201601078407?hash=item2ef05c5487:g:KdQAAOSwKtVWzTrk

I believe that most M7's were produced RVN era, the last being Imperial 73-74 contract with basic 90 degree run out.  Imperial also had a contract up till 84 with a sloped run out.  Ontario &  Gen Cut would be post 85 time frame.  I would guess that "most correct" might be one of the Imperial versions.  Just a guess.    Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You want a Colt stamped 62316 M-7 bayonet.  Scabbard is proprietary to this Colt stamped  M-7 bayonet withunique  texture and no sub contract markings.  Pic below.  Production 1977-79ish.  Thinking they made 80K or such.  Numrich under AR-15 accessories or Royal Tiger under parts and accessories should have what you want for around $100 shipped.  These were shipped with the export M-16's in 9 millionish serial or came home with the 9 millionish serial export de-mills from late 70's and early 80's.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do find a Colt with a 90º runout snatch that thing up with a quickness!  They are getting hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]

European market has been flooded with some colt 613 rifles with 9-mil S/N recently and all are sold with a colt marked m7 bayonet
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you do find a Colt with a 90º runout snatch that thing up with a quickness!  They are getting hard to find.
View Quote

What does this mean?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
What does this mean?

Earlier M-7 blanks at contour of blade at base sits at 90 degree instead of rounded off like the later produced M-7 blanks.  Ontario last production of true USGI M-7 also used the 90 degree blanks.  Really not perinent to OP question but there  is a difference in edge machining technique.

Tom,  see how the blade on the FZR  blade is cut vs the later production Colt marked.

As far as I know none of the Colt marked US blades except 601 Armalite/Colt were machined this way.  Regardless the Colt bayo pictured is correct for the 77-79 production Colts.  I've heard of Colt marked Imperials and most every other blade mfg but never personally seen an authentic one.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What does this mean?

Earlier M-7 blanks at contour of blade at base sits at 90 degree instead of rounded off like the later produced M-7 blanks.  Ontario last production of true USGI M-7 also used the 90 degree blanks.  Really not perinent to OP question but there  is a difference in edge machining technique.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab223/cndenmark/DSCN2511_zps8u3g8e6g.jpg  

Tom,  see how the blade on the FZR  blade is cut vs the later production Colt marked.

As far as I know none of the Colt marked US blades except 601 Armalite/Colt were machined this way.  Regardless the Colt bayo pictured is correct for the 77-79 production Colts.  I've heard of Colt marked Imperials and most every other blade mfg but never personally seen an authentic one.
View Quote

If you come across an FZR then snatch that puppy up too.  I've actually come across more FZR's then the 90º Colts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you come across an FZR then snatch that puppy up too.  I've actually come across more FZR's then the 90º Colts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does this mean?

I have all makes but the Frazier. I'd sure like to find one. I'd probably trade a GM stock and grip for one, lol...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does this mean?

I have five 90 degree Colt's, but no FZR's
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually dont know if I have a 90. Gonna have to check.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Yea I've been on the hunt for a 90º Colt that the seller does not think is made of gold.

Luckily for me the very first M7 I bought was an FZR.

My M7 collection plus the oddball M9. A M7 from every US manufacturer. The scabbards are a mixture of M8 and M8A1s with the one M10.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Boc is Bauer Ord company can cut is General Cutlery boc sixties and seventies gencut 80s 90s
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Boc is Bauer Ord company can cut is General Cutlery boc sixties and seventies gencut 80s 90s
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pix, svt40! Impressive collection you have!

My two present M7's are a GEN CUT in an M10 scabbard and a BOC in an M8A1 PWH. Any idea when they were made, and the full names of the makers? (Both are 90-degree, FWIW.)

Just trying to figure out which of my guns to match them up with ....

TIA!

My incoming M7 Colt 62316 is not a 90-degree, alas, but looks like it is period-correct for a 1978 M16A1.
View Quote

Thanks.  The time to collect them is now while they are still under $40 for most of them.  Colts tend to be close to $100 for the common ones.  No idea why...  The last FZR I saw for sale went for almost $400.  The most expensive M7 I bought was the Colt at $90 and the rest were all $35 or less.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pix, svt40! Impressive collection you have!

My two present M7's are a GEN CUT in an M10 scabbard and a BOC in an M8A1 PWH. Any idea when they were made, and the full names of the makers? (Both are 90-degree, FWIW.)

Just trying to figure out which of my guns to match them up with ....

TIA!

My incoming M7 Colt 62316 is not a 90-degree, alas, but looks like it is period-correct for a 1978 M16A1.
View Quote

I like this website when it comes to information about US military bayonets. Most of the information you are looking for could probably be found here.

http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/m4_thru_m7_series/m4_m7_series_p2.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top