Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2014 12:53:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We are blowing out our A1 stripped uppers for anyone interested.

Add to cart!

And as always over $50 is free shipping on the web!
View Quote

Damn thats cheap!! A2 uppers for $65 as well guys
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Add to cart!

View Quote

Great price but those are NOT A1 receivers..... They are referred to as C7 uppers, you could call them dogsh*t for all I care, the price is very good. I won't be buying any because I refuse to buy DPMS parts, after your Freedom Group made me wait 14 months for a barrel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Those are not A1 receivers and I hate it when manufacturers and retailers refer to them as such, since it creates confusion to people who dont know any better.

My question is: Do you not know any better, or are you trying to prey upon people that dont?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are not A1 receivers and I hate it when manufacturers and retailers refer to them as such, since it creates confusion to people who dont know any better.

My question is: Do you not know any better, or are you trying to prey upon people that dont?
View Quote

Shit just got real!! I guess either option is pretty fuckin terrible.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't
Produce
Mil-Spec quality parts, just mass produced
Sh*t.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add to cart!

Stripped A2 uppers at that price aren't so cheap if you have to buy the sight and other parts to complete it. I have gotten complete A2 uppers for a few $$ more.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stripped A2 uppers at that price aren't so cheap if you have to buy the sight and other parts to complete it. I have gotten complete A2 uppers for a few $$ more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add to cart!

I still see it as cheap, but I hear installing the rear sight is a bitch and a half. I just bought mine complete off the EE for $150 (Anchor Harvey forge marked)
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look guys call it what you like but we have some "A1" receivers available for a good price that some builders would like to turn into a rifle. Are these original Colt? No and we never advertised them to be anything they are not.  

If you don't like us at DPMS or our products that's fine but lets all be adults keep this forum civil and not turn this thread into a GD thread.

In a generality we call it a "A1" as it does not have windage and elevation adjustment like a "A2" receiver.

This is a great forum and it's really a shame when these threads de-rail and crumble...

View Quote

It's a tough crowd in here.  Lots of purists.  I do like the new LR-308 GII.  You're 7.62x39 extractors need some work though (they just break).  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
enough, this isn't GD  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't
Produce
Sh*t.
enough, this isn't GD  

Sorry Aimless, it won't happen again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Look guys call it what you like but we have some "A1" receivers available for a good price that some builders would like to turn into a rifle. Are these original Colt? No and we never advertised them to be anything they are not.  

If you don't like us at DPMS or our products that's fine but lets all be adults keep this forum civil and not turn this thread into a GD thread.

In a generality we call it a "A1" as it does not have windage and elevation adjustment like a "A2" receiver.

This is a great forum and it's really a shame when these threads de-rail and crumble...

View Quote

I'm sorry for the rant, I've been a little steamed since waiting over a year for a barrel that was susposed to take 3 months.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought one for the hell of it. It is a C7 upper that you may have better luck on the A2 thread. For me, it will go on a "muddy girl" camo Franken carbine for my daughter. I had a none Colt A1 upper lined up, but I'll put that one aside now.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Oh the gears in my head are turning now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Sergio, is that the preban DPMS lower, you text messaged me about?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sergio, is that the preban DPMS lower, you text messaged me about?
View Quote

No its not
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Not so bad for an IDF build as there were C7 types 723's - although for the purist, its not colt.  
Worth considering though
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a little shocked and disappointed at what I just read.  I always got the impression that the retro forum was a bit more refined.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a little shocked and disappointed at what I just read.  I always got the impression that the retro forum was a bit more refined.
View Quote

This isn't how it usually operates in here but Hip is a class A guy so i'm sure he means it when he says sorry we've all had our bad days in the past, me included.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
enough, this isn't GD  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't
Produce
Sh*t.
enough, this isn't GD  

Exactly. Thanks Aimless. Most folks here know that I am not a DPMS fan, but at that price, I may have to get one myself    I would like to know if the carry handle issue has been fixed however, and would like to know if this means DPMS is getting out of A1's entirely. I think that would be too bad, and I think if I got one I'd use it for a 733ish pistol build. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the heads up. I been wanting to pick one up for some time. I ordered one to go with a custom 80% lower I am working on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Talk about misreading the target market!

And doubling down on calling them A1 after being told those were C7 uppers in the vernacular of this forum...  cheeky.

Sadly DPMS once told me they didn't want my filthy money as I was not a cop or military since it was illegal for anyone else to own a barrel shorter than 16".  I've taken them at their word on that and have never offered them even a cent since.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Good price.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would like to know if the carry handle issue has been fixed
View Quote

Morg, I think maybe you mean the "charging" handle issue?  Because I seem to recall seeing somewhere on ARF that the DPMS C7's had trouble with anything but DPMS charging handles...  but I could be remembering wrong.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Shouldn't this be in the EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE section anyway? And, I,m biting my tongue to not mention about DPMS' customer service dept.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#28]
If the CH channel issue has been addressed I might consider one. But would really like to find a Diemaco...  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Morg, I think maybe you mean the "charging" handle issue?  Because I seem to recall seeing somewhere on ARF that the DPMS C7's had trouble with anything but DPMS charging handles...  but I could be remembering wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right, and Morg was the one that pointed out the issues were comng from the C7 uppers from DPMS.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:54:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YEP. My dumb ass. Been a long week.

ALSO - I want to go on record as saying I think this is a decent deal considering what A1 'type' recievers are going for recently, and if a company like theirs actually had the balls to invest in things like 1:12 barrels, old standard barrel extensions as an option rather than M4 extensions, marking under the HG's and making sure their parts meet milspec (Which I believe they have been working on) as well as silly things like sliprings rather than delta, etc. That they would do well. In fact, if they will pay me 60K a year, I will come back there and create a new department and make them money. Done it before. Seriously though, if I had the cash right now, I'd buy a couple myself, but I'm trying to save money for ISBN numbers dammit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:57:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry handle, charging handle ... We all knew what you meant, Morg.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I ordered two of these yesterday.  I had two I received from Midway back in December I pulled out of a box and checked.

LMT and BCM Gunfighter charging handles both fit fine into these two.
View Quote

I was pretty sure that they had fixed the issue - not that there should have been one in the first place, but at least they are G2G now. I really would like another C7 upper...but I need ISBNs more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#34]
With the price so darn low, just buy a dpms charging handle...it could always be used as as a spare if you can fit a GI one in this upper.

Though the charging handle fit issue has been around a while ( I had this problem ) the other fit and finish features of these receivers are spot on.

I'm running two of these C7 type receivers with the DPMS charging  handles.  The rest of the guts are GI or Colt....both have been great performers.  VERY consistent accuracy and perfect

reliability.

This is a really good buy.  I am tempted to grab one , myself.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Do these have rifle or M4 ramps?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know a cheap source for A1 sights?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Anyone know a cheap source for A1 sights?
View Quote
DPMS

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Rear-Sight-Parts_c_402.html

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Rear-Sight-Apertures-_c_438.html

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The one I just looked at does not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a shame. I don't really understand that either since barrels with rifle extensions seem to be a rarity these days.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been pleased with the DPMS uppers I've had in the past. May have to snag one of these, save for the fact I really don't want the justification to start another build.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#42]
M4 extensions work just fine with non m4 uppers. It's the other way that causes problems. You can't use rifle extensions with m4 relieved uppers. There will be a gap between the extension and the upper that can catch the bullet nose. I have used M4 barrels on non m4 uppers without problems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#46]
On a historical upper I would not do this. On a new production DPMS? Have at it if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Rifle barrels, rather than carbine barrels, usually have rifle extensions.  For an A1 type upper it makes perfect sense to have a rifle feed system.  And remember that an M4 barrel will function fine in a receiver without M4 ramps.

http://ar15barrels.com/tech/feedramps2.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a shame. I don't really understand that either since barrels with rifle extensions seem to be a rarity these days.

Rifle barrels, rather than carbine barrels, usually have rifle extensions.  For an A1 type upper it makes perfect sense to have a rifle feed system.  And remember that an M4 barrel will function fine in a receiver without M4 ramps.

I understand that an M4 ramped barrel in a rifle upper should be fine, but I've kind of been shy about having that combo again after I had an A1 upper with an M4 ramped barrel that did have feeding issues. I think there might have been something else going on in that case and I never really figured it out since I sold that rifle to fund another purchase, but since then I'd just be happier having the feed ramp types match.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I understand that an M4 ramped barrel in a rifle upper should be fine, but I've kind of been shy about having that combo again after I had an A1 upper with an M4 ramped barrel that did have feeding issues. I think there might have been something else going on in that case and I never really figured it out since I sold that rifle to fund another purchase, but since then I'd just be happier having the feed ramp types match.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Just don't fuck up a piece of history to do it - that's all I'm saying. Current production C7's are a go as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cool. Just don't fuck up a piece of history to do it - that's all I'm saying. Current production C7's are a go as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

Don't worry I had no intentions of doing that. That's probably why I'm still sitting on 2 A1 kits and a couple of those McKay A1 profile barrels.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Don't worry I had no intentions of doing that. That's probably why I'm still sitting on 2 A1 kits and a couple of those McKay A1 profile barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! I envy you. Be sure to post pics once you are done.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top