Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:05:06 AM EDT
I had to laugh when I got this, it's lightweight and flimsy, and blued, but I bought it for an A2 project i've got going on, so cheapo doesn't bother me with this one, but take a look at what I ended up with:

(crappy cellfone photo)

And here's the GB ad I got it from:

So funky, I think I like it
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
That's interesting.  So you were thinking you were getting a usable parkerized DPMS port door and instead you got some Chinese retro airsoft door which you like better.  Me, too.  I want one.  How's the detent plunger and spring?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's interesting.  So you were thinking you were getting a usable parkerized DPMS port door and instead you got some Chinese retro airsoft door which you like better.  Me, too.  I want one.  How's the detent plunger and spring?
View Quote

Dandy. The detent and housing is the same as other A1 doors I have. The squared off "roof gable" looking ones. For all intents and purposes, this appears to be an A1 door made of lighter gauge steel, blued, and the pad is too squared off. The damn thing latches and functions properly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one from Amazon. It was $5.95 + shipping. Nice part, but with shipping made it about $13 total.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
a few of them on ebay.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd send that shit back. It is NOT as described!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah. It does what it's supposed to do. I'm not talking about a collector part here, I just want it to be there and flop open when the gun goes bang.

I just thought it'd be interesting showing a faux quasi-retro(ish) part. I'm neither endorsing nor condemning the seller.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
i just found it interesting that someone decided to repro an older style and then not market it as an older style.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nah. It does what it's supposed to do. I'm not talking about a collector part here, I just want it to be there and flop open when the gun goes bang.

I just thought it'd be interesting showing a faux quasi-retro(ish) part. I'm neither endorsing nor condemning the seller.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the description SAYS "...all NEW superb Mil-Spec quality DPMS AR15 Ejection Port Covers / Door Assemblies..."  and THAT sucker aint superb Mil Spec SHIT!

That being said I've pissed away $14 on far less useful shit MANY times in my many years!

Blast away!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i just found it interesting that someone decided to repro an older style and then not market it as an older style.
View Quote

'Zactly
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
There's a guy on ebay with repro ejection port covers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111295834174
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
They aren't bad, I have a few; if you spray them will norrells grayish black or cerakote sniper gray they look pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember a post long ago where someone recalled some Hydra-Matic rifles having blued steel parts instead of parked steel parts.  Has anyone else heard of / experienced that?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top