AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2017 3:10:17 PM EDT
some specs to start:

Spikes crusader lower
Anderson LPK with PSA EPT group
KAK Shockwave kit
Bear Creek Arsenal 10.5" upper

pistol looks great. having issues shooting it.
put some gun oil on it and took it my buddies to try it out.

first time firing it, it chambered the next round, but the trigger wouldn't reset all the way forward, had to push it forward, also the next round being chambered received a light primer strike.
took it and my carbine to the range and tried again.
same problem.

swapped the BCGs with the carbine (just to see) same problem.
swapped the buffers/springs from the carbine and swapped the BCGs back to original - now had FTE issues. the fired casing wouldn't eject, and was getting stuck about halfway.

help me, obi-wan arfcom, you're my only hope...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure your disconnect or spring is in correct, fat side down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as trigger issues, sounds like improper spring assy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you have a true light primer strike after pulling the trigger or is the primer dimpled due to chambering it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an ept fcg that would not reset off the disconnector, same as yours.  Ended up being a burr on the hammer, where the disconnector grabs it.  Psa warrantied it.

Also make sure hammer spring and disconnector springs are installed properly, and hammer pivots smoothly on pin.
Is buffer from carbine heavier, causing short stroking?  I'd put everything back to original and swap out the fcg to start.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
yep
Quoted:
As far as trigger issues, sounds like improper spring assy.
i've taken the trigger assembly apart and put it back together, i think i had it right to begin with...just going off youtube instructions sooo....
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you have a true light primer strike after pulling the trigger or is the primer dimpled due to chambering it?
View Quote
pull trigger, chambered round fires, trigger does not reset all the way forward, next round chambered fully has 'light primer strike'. could just be dimpled from the bcg pushing it forward, that sounds plausible.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had an ept fcg that would not reset off the disconnector, same as yours.  Ended up being a burr on the hammer, where the disconnector grabs it.  Psa warrantied it.

Also make sure hammer spring and disconnector springs are installed properly, and hammer pivots smoothly on pin.
Is buffer from carbine heavier, causing short stroking?  I'd put everything back to original and swap out the fcg to start.
View Quote
i'll look at the hammer again when i'm back at the house, didn't notice that earlier.

the buffers and springs between the pistol and the carbine looked the exact same.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, but the buffers may be different weights, even though they are the same size, depending on the number of steel/tungsten weights installed.

When I had my issue with the EPT group, I swapped in a different disconnector, and the problem was still there.  Installed a different hammer, and was all good.  Just a super minor imperfection on the disconnector ledge of the hammer, not even really visible.  PSA took the old fcg back and sent me a new one with no issue.  Could always swap the fcg out of your rifle into the pistol, just to make absolutely sure the problem isn't with the lower.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, but the buffers may be different weights, even though they are the same size, depending on the number of steel/tungsten weights installed.

When I had my issue with the EPT group, I swapped in a different disconnector, and the problem was still there.  Installed a different hammer, and was all good.  Just a super minor imperfection on the disconnector ledge of the hammer, not even really visible.  PSA took the old fcg back and sent me a new one with no issue.  Could always swap the fcg out of your rifle into the pistol, just to make absolutely sure the problem isn't with the lower.
View Quote
yeah, triggers are going to get swapped tomorrow at my buddies place...

thanks for the feedback
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top