Rapto CH
Spikes 7.5in 6.8 Barrel
Ergo 7in Z Float rail
Aim BCG
Black Rain adjustable gas block
Troy comp
MBUS Pro sights
Spikes Calico Jack lower with Sig Brace
Fired 20 rounds for sight in and it functioned great with a C products mag and Hornady 110gr V max .
A big thanks to member Hochimin for the sale. He even was kind enough to ship me 2 barrels because the post office lost the first one he sent.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Specs
Vltor Upper
Rapto CH
Spikes 7.5in 6.8 Barrel
Ergo 7in Z Float rail
Aim BCG
Black Rain adjustable gas block
Troy comp
MBUS Pro sights
Spikes Calico Jack lower with Sig Brace
Fired 20 rounds for sight in and it functioned great with a C products mag and Hornady 110gr V max .
A big thanks to member Hochimin for the sale. He even was kind enough to ship me 2 barrels because the post office lost the first one he sent.
http://<a href=http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj200/alphagunner/20141224_101755.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj200/alphagunner/20141224_101736.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Looks good man. I tried to get one of these for another sbr upper he never replied to me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Put 40 more rounds trough it and it held a 1 1/4 in group at 50 yards witch is about as good as I can do with a mil spec trigger and the short sight radius of a pistol
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
nice. I just built one using that barrel but haven't had a chance to shoot it. I even had the same problems with USPS lol.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
How did you deal with the thread on the barrel?

The barrel I received was Lothar Walther stainless for a 6.8 but threaded with 1/2 x 28.

I received the thread adapter from Brownells to thread from 1/2 x 28 to 5/8 x 24.   the thread adapter fits nicely, but I'm afraid to mount my suppressor through it as I fear it may not be concentric so I have decided to stick with a cheap a2 FH for now.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The troy break is easily big enough to clear the 6.8 but it is marked for 5.56
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The barrel I received was Lothar Walther stainless for a 6.8 but threaded with 1/2 x 28.

I received the thread adapter from Brownells to thread from 1/2 x 28 to 5/8 x 24.   the thread adapter fits nicely, but I'm afraid to mount my suppressor through it as I fear it may not be concentric so I have decided to stick with a cheap a2 FH for now.

View Quote

Get a Black River Tactical Covert Comp.  It is an awesome muzzle device for 6.8.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice, I grabbed one of those barrels as well. Sat in USPS limbo for almost a week but was finally delivered a few days ago. Still waiting on my magazines and ammo to come in (and the rod/spring for the port door). Barrel looked very nice for the money.

Pic of mine

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! What kind of muzzle device are you using?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
How were your barrels packaged?  I got an empty tube in the mail today with no barrel inside.  One end has a taped white plastic cap on it, the other end has no white cap and just a single clear strip of tape on the end with gaps on each side.  Either the barrel slid out the end or someone removed the plastic end cap and the contents and taped it back up.  There is a black stamp on the cardboard tube that states, "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS."  The empty tube took 20 days to get to me and cost the shipper $9.54 USPS.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I got an empty tube on my first go around aswell but I contacted the hochimin and he made it right and I am sure he will do the same for you if you contact him.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice! What kind of muzzle device are you using?
View Quote

Kineti-Tech
Read nothing but good things, figured I could build an endcap to adapt the brakes external threads to my can. Coupon shipfree gives you free shipping.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How were your barrels packaged?  I got an empty tube in the mail today with no barrel inside.  One end has a taped white plastic cap on it, the other end has no white cap and just a single clear strip of tape on the end with gaps on each side.  Either the barrel slid out the end or someone removed the plastic end cap and the contents and taped it back up.  There is a black stamp on the cardboard tube that states, "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS."  The empty tube took 20 days to get to me and cost the shipper $9.54 USPS.
View Quote

Tube with white plastic cap at both end. Barrel was well wrapped. Sounds like someone helped themselves to your barrel :-/
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I talked with Hochimin.  He said he would send me out another barrel.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah he is awesome to deal with I paid for shipping and insurance on the 2nd barrel because it was the post office that lost it not him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Just waiting on PSA to ship my 6.8 bolt and carrier.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah he is awesome to deal with I paid for shipping and insurance on the 2nd barrel because it was the post office that lost it not him.
View Quote
I will wait a few more days and see if i get an IM with a tracking number.  I agree that my barrel was also lost when USPS had it.  I think that only 2 wraps of clear boxing tape  around the end caps and a 2LB? barrel sliding around inside the tube coupled with freezing temperatures may have bared some fault too.  I think the barrel slid inside the tube and blew out the end cap. Who knows how many times it was handled in 20 days.  If i get my barrel and the chamber is smooth and the gun runs properly i have his paypal account.  I will also back pay his shipping costs. That's a cool thing you did there alphagunner.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://i62.tinypic.com/21jpte1.jpg
View Quote

PSA has some  5 dollar mags today and some SSA ammo for 14.99 I had to cash in on that. What type of hangaurd are you running
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I will wait a few more days and see if i get an IM with a tracking number.  I agree that my barrel was also lost when USPS had it.  I think that only 2 wraps of clear boxing tape  around the end caps and a 2LB? barrel sliding around inside the tube coupled with freezing temperatures may have bared some fault too.  I think the barrel slid inside the tube and blew out the end cap. Who knows how many times it was handled in 20 days.  If i get my barrel and the chamber is smooth and the gun runs properly i have his paypal account.  I will also back pay his shipping costs. That's a cool thing you did there alphagunner.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will be happy with the barrel I am sure it is typical Spikes quality
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

PSA has some  5 dollar mags today and some SSA ammo for 14.99 I had to cash in on that. What type of hangaurd are you running
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was tempted by the mags but have already spent too much at PSA the last couple weeks.    The handguard is a guntec keymod.   I got it from mid south.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00227GT7JK/7"_Ultra_Lightweight_Thin_Key_Mod_Free_Floating_Handguard_With_Monolithic_Top_Rail
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#20]
It looks good. Keep us posted on how well it holds up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol I ordered a bunch of  both, shows out for delivery right now. I'll try them out tomorrow and report back.

Mags and ammo are GTG ran through 140 ends, 5 mags no problems. Need to order some more at $4.99/each. Crazy ball of fire with the blast shield off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my tube had A TON of tape on it. I'm guessing more than one was lost before mine was shipped. There was no way my barrel was coming out. I'm not sure its a guy btw, I was told to make my money order out to a girl Great service either way, I've purchased from him/her before, always great prices.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I think something is askew in hochimins post office. He emailed me a tracking number 22 days ago for my replacement barrel.

I recieved an empty tube on the first go round. This second barrel tracking number shows the same info as it did on January 2nd.  Tracking # 9114999944238769438674.  I paid for a barrel December 8th and still have not recieved one.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think something is askew in hochimins post office. He emailed me a tracking number 22 days ago for my replacement barrel.I recieved an empty tube on the first go round. This second barrel tracking number shows the same info as it did on January 2nd.  Tracking # 9114999944238769438674.  I paid for a barrel December 8th and still have not recieved one.  

View Quote

Yeah something is really wrong with his post office. My first one got shipped about the same time as yours. After three weeks I contacted him, so he sent out another barrel. I contacted USPS and they said the first was probably lost. My barrel arrived late December...and then a week later the FIRST barrel arrived. I refused the shipment and it got sent back to him. I imagine he probably lost a few hundred bucks just on these shipping issues.

Although my build is pretty fucking awesome. I have put about 100 rounds through it with no problems what-so-ever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Hochimin is going to send me a third barrel. UPS this time. What BCG and gas block did you go with?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:24:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://precisionarmament.com/product/m4-shoulderless-thread-adapter/

Excellent machining and fast shipping. Would recommend. I purchased one of each.The melonite barrel I had to chase the threads with the adapter -screw it in a few turns, back out, repeat-. The "in the white" barrel I had no issues screwing the thread adapter on.

*******************Also, place holder for pics*******************
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Are these barrels still available?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are these barrels still available?
View Quote

Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#29]
They are gone
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#30]
He told me he kept some extras when he closed the add in case some of the barrels didn't make it to their destinations.  In my case 2 in a row never showed up. Im trying to buy one from the EE as some are resurfacing.  Hochimin told me he would ship me a third barrel.  He insured the last one at my suggestion and I suggested he send the third UPS or Registered Mail.  I wait......

The second barrel that Hochimin sent arrived. It took 30 days but it did make it.  It's time to decide on an upper and hand guard.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top