User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 11:32:25 AM EDT
check this f*cher out!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
SWEET. How do you like the performance? I've tried one on an AMD pistol, 763x39 and the thing was awesome on the AK. The flash at dusk was almost none! I could not believe it. If it works that good on an AR I'm getting several..
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
just got it (well 2!) haven't tested it yet!  I got one for hte pistol for obvious reasons - I signed up for the SEAK III and now I'll ahve an AR krink AND an AK krink!  Also got one for my full auto setup....  can't wait to try them out!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Dang it Chapper, you beat me to it.
I just got mine yesterday and installed it.
Trust me you will like it. I'll add a pic of mine with it this afternoon along with a pic of the 25yd target I was shooiting at.
I noticed a drop in muzzle rise. It was more straight back then anything, but not much of a change in what you feel.
And it did seem to tighten the groups up a little too.
You could tell the sound/blast was being directed down range from you too. My brother was sitting off to the side while I was shooting and didn't feel a thing. Before he said you really feel the thump off it.

ETA : LOOKS GREAT! Really makes an AR pistol look different doesn't it ?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
damn i was thinking about using the krink setup for my pistol build when the time came but you guys are fast!

friggen sweet lookin!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
just got it (well 2!) haven't tested it yet!  I got one for hte pistol for obvious reasons - I signed up for the SEAK III and now I'll ahve an AR krink AND an AK krink!  Also got one for my full auto setup....  can't wait to try them out!

Looks good.  Who did you get it from, and how much did they cost?  I'm going to get one for my Pistol as well, it's just a matter of from who.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks good.  Who did you get it from, and how much did they cost?  I'm going to get one for my Pistol as well, it's just a matter of from who.

gandrtactical and dennysguns sells them

think mstn and jtac as well.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Got mine from giffman at amendment arms.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Got mine from giffman at amendment arms.

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Question for those that have "Noveske" pressure booster/flash suppressor in hand.  Is he rolling his own, or is he merely reselling the Bulgarians with 24mm to 1/2X28 thread adapters?  If the krinks are actually made in US, is the hole in the cone .22 cal as opossed to usual .30?
Would make it even more effective.

I used these years ago on several weapons including chopped FALs with full length gas system to be able to use full range of adjustment.

Funny thing is couple of years ago I was trying to sell some, couldn't give them away, even though I noted in the posts that they preaty much solve the problem of too little bbl after gas port.  Know people that have used them since '95.  Now a write up in the gun rag shows up and they are hot commodity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Question for those that have "Noveske" pressure booster/flash suppressor in hand.  Is he rolling his own, or is he merely reselling the Bulgarians with 24mm to 1/2X28 thread adapters?  If the krinks are actually made in US, is the hole in the cone .22 cal as opossed to usual .30?
Would make it even more effective.

I used these years ago on several weapons including chopped FALs with full length gas system to be able to use full range of adjustment.

Funny thing is couple of years ago I was trying to sell some, couldn't give them away, even though I noted in the posts that they preaty much solve the problem of too little bbl after gas port.  Know people that have used them since '95.  Now a write up in the gun rag shows up and they are hot commodity.

Are you sure these are the exact same brakes you were using on the FALs?  If so, this is great news to me as I think I might go the short barrel route on a .308.  Call me crazy, but, I might go with a 10-11" .308.  I was unaware that they were .30 on the inside and not .22 (or, 5.45 given they came from Krinks.)  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Noveske sells two types of Krink Flash Hiders.  One that he makes in the good old US of A and ones that come from Bulgaria.  I have a US made Noveske Krink and the hole in the cone looks to be 22 cal.  The cone is stainless and the body is some sort of welded carbon steel then parkerized.  The cones can be removed for replacment and cleaning.  I put the one I have on a 7.5" SBR.  Pictures to follow as soon as I get a roll of film (no money for a digital camera because I keep spending on AR stuff).

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
CHECK WITH THE KRINK MANUFACTUREER. THEY CHANGED THE CONE FROM STAINLESS TO A NEW ALLOY. THEY WILL REPLACE YOUR OLD CONE FOR FREE. CHECK IT OUT.

http://www.jnrifleworks.com/cgi-bin/cart2/display.cgi?cat1=17
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#13]
What is the main difference between the KFH & KX3 Flash Suppressors. I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 97S with the 1/2x28 threaded quick detach adaptor. Anyone got a similar setup? Any suggestions for my particular pistol?  Where would you all recommend getting the best price and service from. JNRifleworks.com?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
From the specs it looks like the main difference is the weight.  I have two.  One on my POF 9" piston upper and the other on a 10.5" upper.  It is amazing how well they work.  I was thoroghly surprised at how well they work today at the indoor range.  I am never going to go back to standard flash hiders...ever!

Link Posted: 10/15/2005 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What is the main difference between the KFH & KX3 Flash Suppressors. I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 97S with the 1/2x28 threaded quick detach adaptor. Anyone got a similar setup? Any suggestions for my particular pistol?  Where would you all recommend getting the best price and service from. JNRifleworks.com?

see if grant at gandrtactical cant help you out with acquiring one of those brakes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I would say get that barrel threaded and junk the adapter. That's what I did. Nice thing is the barrel is already the correct diameter. So now my barrel is threaded and I can still put on the stock quick detach flash hider. Later this week my Noveske KFH comes in and all I have to do is throw it on. The quick detach system has too much play and I wouldn’t mount anything to that adapter. And now I can throw a can on there, something you would never do to the adapter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The quick detach that i have is VERY tight, so tight that i cannot remove without the use of a tool. I have ordered a KFH and will give it a shot. Why wouldn't you use a can on the adapter? I have thought  about purchasing one of those in the future.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't mean to hijack anything, but why not just use a Phantom or Vortec flash hider?  I've just ordered up a Bushy 14.5" barrel with permanent Phantom suppressor.  Much lighter, slimmer, and just as effective.  Maybe not as sexy, though.  I figure that the extra $90 can be used on ammo instead of a cool, suppressor-looking muzzle weight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Ihatehd ----- You have to be very careful about how you mount a suppressor. Think about it you are suspending a small hole (baffle) out in front of your barrel and having your bullet pass through that small hole. If the mounting of that suppressor is questionable then BANG! You get a baffle strike. It is possible that might only be a deformation of the baffle or it could cause your baffle to “violently disassemble”. This could be very dangerous for those around the weapon including the operator.

BadgerArms ------ The cone shape of the KFH and KX3 redirects the sound forward and really does little for hiding the flash. With short barrel AR-15s (less then 12 inches) the sound of the discharge is amazing and gets more so the shorter the barrel is. So for a 7.5 inch barrel on a Bushmaster 97S pistol the sound is incredible. With a krink brake you get sound reduction at the operator and aft but not forward.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
So wait, you guys are saying that the Bushmaster quick detatch threaded adapter will not work with the KFH or KX3 on a C-15 pistol?

Link Posted: 10/19/2005 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#21]
No, the adapter will work for a KX3 or KFH. What we are saying is do not use the adapter with a suppressor.

But why use the quick detach with the KX3 or KFH. The adapter adds length and weight and becomes some extra part that does not add anything good to the gun. It would just look funny. Ok, if you have a quick detach you could take off your KFH and put on what? Not a can unless you thread the barrel. At that point just thread the KFH on and skip the adapter.

The adapter is neat I just don’t see how it adds value.

Later this week I’ll ad some picks of a 97S with a KFH on a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top