BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2010 12:40:08 PM EDT
Marked down $220+ Here
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
BTW ammo is plentiful. Remington will be coming out with 2 loads (core-lokt and Accutip) and Hornady is planning another 3. Factory ammo is always in stock at 2 of the three gun shops in my rural neck of the northwest and is comparatively cheap. All these factors make it so I dont even need to reload. Plenty of other tinkerers are but since I can get it easily and fairly inexpensively  I just save my brass or use .284 brass  for when I do.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What does a box of 20 run for these little guys?

Doc
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Just paid $24 at a gun show...ordered online at $26 Super fun to shoot
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
$28 here at the local gun shop with 6 boxes on the shelf... I guess I need to talk em down a buck or two!
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]
OK dumb question.  THe $565 is the sale price correct, not $220 of the $565 price right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK dumb question.  THe $565 is the sale price correct, not $220 of the $565 price right.

$565 is the sale price, you are correct. As far as ammo prices it varies between the shops but usually averages between $26-$28 and they usually have at least 10 boxes in the shelf.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Still on sale! I even took a nice black bear in September with it. The bear just dropped like somebody just hit the light switch on his life. I really love the whole not having to track an animal!
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$565 is the sale price, you are correct. As far as ammo prices it varies between the shops but usually averages between $26-$28 and they usually have at least 10 boxes in the shelf.

The sale price was $499 back in March when I got mine.  So.. their "sale" prices are getting higher.  Better jump on it while you can.
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That was their tax time sale IIRC. Hopefully it will still be that price this coming tax time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Love mine. I got one at the beginning of the year on sale. It has very light recoil but hits like a truck. Mannequin we were shooting at 100 yards went down with one round definitely earned the name "THUMPER". Very accurate too. Once zeroed I had a 2 inch group standing while shooting off hand at 100 yards and I am still fairly new to shooting. Need to start reloading though ammo ain't too cheap, but still the least expensive and most available of all the large bore AR's. Just received a case at $24 a box.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the better choice if you can only have one?        

.50 Beowulf

458 SOCOM

.450 Bushmaster

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

.50 Beowulf

458 SOCOM

.450 Bushmaster

Everyone has different reasons to have one over the other. I chose the .450  for these reasons.

1. Major rifle manufacturer (Bushmaster and now Remington)

2. Major ammunition manufacturer (Hornady currently has 1 load and is planning 3 more while Remington will have 2 loads the Accutps and corelokts)

3. Parts availability

4. Rifle/upper price

5. Ammo/reloading components availability (Hornady always has brass)

6. Ammo/reloading components price

7. Ability to use .284 brass if I want to reload

8. Ability to use most.451 and .452 projectiles that have a huge variety to choose from

9. Original designer is very active on the forums (Tim LeGendre)

All these plus maybe a few more reasons, and not necessarily in this order. If I could own all of the big bores I would and someday may, but for now I am very content being able to consistently get ammo for under $30 a box that is always in stock. Using the Sig556 mags I can stuff 11-12 rounds and they feed reliably which in this calibers size is tons of fun. Now Dont get me wrong I do not knock the other calibers but these were my reasons I chose the .450B.  Before I got the rifle I was seriously looking at the 50 Beowulf and the .458 Socom but shied away because of ammo and brass shortages/Prices. As said before this is just my reasoning and to each his own. Hope this helps you.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

.50 Beowulf

458 SOCOM

.450 Bushmaster

Everyone has different reasons to have one over the other. I chose the .450  for these reasons.

1. Major rifle manufacturer (Bushmaster and now Remington)

2. Major ammunition manufacturer (Hornady currently has 1 load and is planning 3 more while Remington will have 2 loads the Accutps and corelokts)

3. Parts availability

4. Rifle/upper price

5. Ammo/reloading components availability (Hornady always has brass)

6. Ammo/reloading components price

7. Ability to use .284 brass if I want to reload

8. Ability to use most.451 and .452 projectiles that have a huge variety to choose from

9. Original designer is very active on the forums (Tim LeGendre)

All these plus maybe a few more reasons, and not necessarily in this order. If I could own all of the big bores I would and someday may, but for now I am very content being able to consistently get ammo for under $30 a box that is always in stock. Using the Sig556 mags I can stuff 11-12 rounds and they feed reliably which in this calibers size is tons of fun. Now Dont get me wrong I do not knock the other calibers but these were my reasons I chose the .450B.  Before I got the rifle I was seriously looking at the 50 Beowulf and the .458 Socom but shied away because of ammo and brass shortages/Prices. As said before this is just my reasoning and to each his own. Hope this helps you.

Stock mags, or modified?

Tks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I run the Sig556 mags unmodified flawlessly. There are stock 5 rounders from Bushmaster that are dedicated followers, 4 rounders from Remington, Modified G.I. 30 rounders, and some are using Pmags with modified Pmag followers. You can also get the Blue single shot followers and use them with any straight mags like the 20 rounders and under.The Cammenga easymags also work. I am currently modding a MGW 90 round snail drum to use  that should hold 40+ rounds for my rifle and for when I complete my 10.5" .450B pistol upper.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I run the Sig556 mags unmodified flawlessly. There are stock 5 rounders from Bushmaster that are dedicated followers, 4 rounders from Remington, Modified G.I. 30 rounders, and some are using Pmags with modified Pmag followers. You can also get the Blue single shot followers and use them with any straight mags like the 20 rounders and under.The Cammenga easymags also work. I am currently modding a MGW 90 round snail drum to use  that should hold 40+ rounds for my rifle and for when I complete my 10.5" .450B pistol upper.

Damn, .450 Bushmaster and Sig556 mags here I come...............

Cammenga easymags, looks cool.

Money, money, where's it go.........................          

Nice..........          

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I run the Sig556 mags unmodified flawlessly. There are stock 5 rounders from Bushmaster that are dedicated followers, 4 rounders from Remington, Modified G.I. 30 rounders, and some are using Pmags with modified Pmag followers. You can also get the Blue single shot followers and use them with any straight mags like the 20 rounders and under.The Cammenga easymags also work. I am currently modding a MGW 90 round snail drum to use that should hold 40+ rounds for my rifle and for when I complete my 10.5" .450B pistol upper.

I have been tempted to start a 450B pistol build and have a barrel either made or chopped down to 12"-15".  Here in Ohio you can not use rifles for hunting deer but....

From ODNR
Gun Season and Youth Deer Gun Season:
10-gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-inch minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells

If you do make a 450B pistol PLEASE let me know how it is working out for you!  I am very interested in any information you have on it...

Bones
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I run the Sig556 mags unmodified flawlessly. There are stock 5 rounders from Bushmaster that are dedicated followers, 4 rounders from Remington, Modified G.I. 30 rounders, and some are using Pmags with modified Pmag followers. You can also get the Blue single shot followers and use them with any straight mags like the 20 rounders and under.The Cammenga easymags also work. I am currently modding a MGW 90 round snail drum to use that should hold 40+ rounds for my rifle and for when I complete my 10.5" .450B pistol upper.

I have been tempted to start a 450B pistol build and have a barrel either made or chopped down to 12"-15".  Here in Ohio you can not use rifles for hunting deer but....

From ODNR
Gun Season and Youth Deer Gun Season:
10-gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-inch minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells

If you do make a 450B pistol PLEASE let me know how it is working out for you!  I am very interested in any information you have on it...

Bones

What makes a handgun in your state? do you have a max barrel length or anything like that?

why not just buy a 16" upper and put it on a pistol lower?

in CA pistols have to have less than a 16" barrel though...

I'd love to have one its just a little tricky to do, and I'm poor right now.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#18]
From what I have read you can not have a pistol lower with a 16" upper per Federal Firearms regs.  

That is why the TC contender is a 15" barrel
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I wanted to do a 10.5 pistol setup just in case of  TSHTF scenario and rule of law was dissolved so that way I can have an SBR setup or if I move to a state which allows SBR's. Technically you could use a 16" upper on a pistol lower but you would have to add a collapsible (or any Rifle stock) to it as pistols can be converted to rifles without any additional paperwork as long as it has a shoulder stock of some sort. At least that is the rules around here. There is a thread over on 450 forum That I will be updating as I build the pistol setup. Tim LeGendre (AKA:Wildcatter) is over there and he has made some pistol setups for the Govt in the past IIRC . He should be able to give you more info on the pistol setup than I could at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Also on sale at these places:

Impact Guns $549.99
Bud's $550 Free shipping
East Texas Shooting Supply $542.94

Hope this helps out some folks!
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#21]
The more I look at this, the more I am getting excited. I am really tring to talk my self into getting one.
Are the mags the only thing that is really expensive for the 450?
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The more I look at this, the more I am getting excited. I am really tring to talk my self into getting one.
Are the mags the only thing that is really expensive for the 450?

the Sigs are two for $30 bucks or easily modify GI's for way less than $10 Bucks
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 4:21:47 AM EDT
[#23]
So u can use regular 223 mags for the 450. I just thought u could only use the ones from bushmaster for the 450.
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So u can use regular 223 mags for the 450. I just thought u could only use the ones from bushmaster for the 450.

Sure can, I like the Sig mags the best $30 for 2. I also have a few mags with the $10 blue single shot follower available at Fulton Armory in some G.I.20 round mags. Alot of the guys are running just G.I. mags that have had the .223 follower modded as well. I like th Sig mags because I can bring just those my and 5.56  upper and shoot both only having to change just the upper. There are also some of the guys that are swaging .458 projectiles so really if you reload the the possibilities are endless between the .451, .452, and the .458 varieties of projectiles (I just use factory ammo since it is so plentiful).
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Appreciate the the feed back 2zero6. This 450 is looking more enticing by the minute. Got the 458 socom about a year ago and still have not been able to shoot it. Mostly because of the price of ammo and not having the
time to reload. So when I seen the 450 upper for sale, I got to thinking about just getting this for the availabilty of ammo and the price of ammo. Not dissing the 458 by no means, but when u got Hornady and Remington
backing the 450, it just seems easier.
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered the 20"  "rifle" upper on sale from Bushmaster last March but haven't shot it yet.   I had them put on a picatinny "gas block" instead of the low profile just in case I wanted to put iron sights on it.  Then someone pointed out to me (us) on this forum that the visible gas block is non-functional on the longer rifle version as the rifle has a mid-length gas system.  The actual gas block is located under the free-float hand guard.  Boy did I feel foolish (well....not really, as I wanted a functional sight mount).  

Anyway... the upper has sat in my safe for the past 9 months, unshot.  But not for long... I ordered a Bushmaster complete lower for it a couple of months ago, and it's now waiting for me at my dealer.  I just couldn't stand having half a rifle.  I've got plenty of other AR's that could have shared a lower these past 9 months, but nope.... I wanted a complete .450B rifle.   Now I gots me one!  I also had Bushmaster put their 2-stage trigger in the lower.  I've got plenty of brass, and a set of dies, so now I just need to load up some bullays and go shoot it.  Should be a hoot!

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Appreciate the the feed back 2zero6. This 450 is looking more enticing by the minute. Got the 458 socom about a year ago and still have not been able to shoot it. Mostly because of the price of ammo and not having the
time to reload. So when I seen the 450 upper for sale, I got to thinking about just getting this for the availabilty of ammo and the price of ammo. Not dissing the 458 by no means, but when u got Hornady and Remington
backing the 450, it just seems easier.

No problem, I am not trying to dissuade anybody away from any of the other calibers (I wouldn't mind owning them all) I just wanted people to know that there is a another option.

Quoted:
I ordered the 20"  "rifle" upper on sale from Bushmaster last March but haven't shot it yet.   I had them put on a picatinny "gas block" instead of the low profile just in case I wanted to put iron sights on it.  Then someone pointed out to me (us) on this forum that the visible gas block is non-functional on the longer rifle version as the rifle has a mid-length gas system.  The actual gas block is located under the free-float hand guard.  Boy did I feel foolish (well....not really, as I wanted a functional sight mount).

My first was a complete 20" rifle brand new and the first thing I did was switch out the faux gas block to a railed version as well for the same reason.

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From what I have read you can not have a pistol lower with a 16" upper per Federal Firearms regs.  

That is why the TC contender is a 15" barrel

At least on the federal level you can have whatever barrel length you want on a pistol, just no stock. And if you put a stock on a pistol lower you can't go back to it being a pistol (unless it is a T/C Contender, special rules). Local rules may vary.
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure can, I like the Sig mags the best $30 for 2. I also have a few mags with the $10 blue single shot follower available at Fulton Armory in some G.I.20 round mags. Alot of the guys are running just G.I. mags that have had the .223 follower modded as well. I like th Sig mags because I can bring just those my and 5.56  upper and shoot both only having to change just the upper. There are also some of the guys that are swaging .458 projectiles so really if you reload the the possibilities are endless between the .451, .452, and the .458 varieties of projectiles (I just use factory ammo since it is so plentiful).

To clarify, you can't use a standard GI mag without the modifying/swapping the follower to a single stack one unless you want to deal with the last round not feeding.  I bought the Academy Sports off the shelf sig 556 special 2 for $30 and they shoot 12 rounds each every time without fail.
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Bushmeister is correct in his clarification. I have been using the $10 single shot follower in my G.I. mags (I hardly ever use them as I always use my Sig 556 mags so that way all I need is my lower, both uppers (5.56 and .450B), and ammo since I can run both rounds in the same Sig mags. A bonus is the two mags attach to each other but in all honesty the recoil from the .450B starts to slide the two apart (quick fix is some plastic epoxy). I wish Bushmaster and Remington would include the Sig mags with the rifle instead of the 5 rounders (Bushmaster) and the 4 rounders (Remington) as I think that if they enough of them in volume or cloned the idea they would be a little cheaper than $30 for a two pack but even at $30 it's actually still a good deal considering the dual purpose between calibers. There are some guys that are running a 1/2" ball end mill on the followers IIRC to use them as a single stack follower. Someone who has actually done it will chime in for sure though. I haven't tried the Orlite or Promag polymer mags yet as I can almost always find Sig mags (probably wouldn't be a bad idea though as those Orlites are pretty cheap).
Link Posted: 11/8/2010 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Range report:

Up until yesterday I had an un-fired 16" 450 in the rack...bought a while ago but never took it out.

Threw an old 4x Simmons Wide View on some extended rings onto the upper receiver, a Mangonel flip-front
on the gas block and its counterpart flip rear under the scope.

Had to do a bit of fiddling with the scope to get it on paper and grouping reliably, then I switched to the irons
and set them up. Afterward, the scope went back on for a zero check.

Three different shooters did very well at 100yds with the rig. Best group was a 2-hole, 4-shot with about 1" spread
between hole centers.

All in all I'm very pleased with the performance of this setup and am going to begin reloading for it. The 16" rig
is destined for use by my wife as a hog and general large game harvester, and she's going to purchase Bushy's 20" setup
which I'll use for same.  

We're eventually going to put Leupold's Ultimate Slam scopes on them.

Given the ballistics of this setup, I wish Ohio would let us use them for deer gun season. Makes no sense that a muzzle loader
with the exact trajectory and energy values IS allowed while the Bushy outfit ISN'T.
Link Posted: 11/8/2010 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Thats why I have been thinking of doing a 450 Bush pistol set up for Deer hunting in Ohio!
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thats why I have been thinking of doing a 450 Bush pistol set up for Deer hunting in Ohio!

The only thing I am worried about is the recoil. Since it is classified as a pistol I will not be able to put a front grip on it.  Either way it is gonna get built.
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing I am worried about is the recoil. Since it is classified as a pistol I will not be able to put a front grip on it.  Either way it is gonna get built.

you could probably put a hand stop on the handguard so your fingers dont slip in front of the muzzle..
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah or maybe even the Magpul AFG. I'll have to call the sheriff's office and see if that is ok due to it not being an actual vertical foregrip.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The POF muzzle break i sent in to gunnut for the 450 forums evaluation worked wonders for the recoil on mine. I've since added a Wolf extra power recoil spring & a MGI recoil reducing buffer. As it stands right now the recoil is barely more than my .223..However the muzzle blast makes my ears ring even with earplugs in ...

Link Posted: 11/11/2010 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah or maybe even the Magpul AFG. I'll have to call the sheriff's office and see if that is ok due to it not being an actual vertical foregrip.

The Sheriff's Office probably wouldn't be the best source of federal firearms regulation advise, BATF would be a better bet. My understanding is that the AFG is not currently permitted on a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sheriff's Office probably wouldn't be the best source of federal firearms regulation advise, BATF would be a better bet. My understanding is that the AFG is not currently permitted on a pistol.

I wasn't too worried about the BATF after I read this thread , but that is a little up in the air as well. I was more worried about the local officers maybe being under educated thinking that it is still considered a vertical foregrip when it indeed isn't. Better not open up the can of federal worms and just deal with the recoil with the other legal avenues. Even still you would think it would be classified like a ramped stock on a sniper rifle or also in the cass of the Kriss super-v has the knuckle guard...
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Well the sale through Bushmaster has ended. Congrats to whoever got in on the sale price. Impact still shows sale price out of stock but accepting orders.  Bud's shows last price $550 but out of stock. East Texas still shows $542 but special order only.
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
[If you do make a 450B pistol PLEASE let me know how it is working out for you!  I am very interested in any information you have on it...

Bones

Here is a thread from the archive with a couple pics of my 10.5" 450 BM SBR.  
Archive Link

Here is the info pasted from that post:

I chose the 450 for my SBR. I first cut it down to 12.5" and it still got 2000fps ave from the 250gr Hornady factory load, and ran fine with a .100 gas port. I thought what the hell, let's take it to 10.5" and see what happens––-1875fps ave and it still runs reliably. I have 4 Sig 556 mags and they all feed 9 rounds reliably, a couple will even run with 10 rounds but the spring tension is getting too tight for 100% first shot reliability. I really need a muzzle device of some sort––recoil and muzzle jump isn't that bad, but the flash, it's like a strobe going off in your face. A mag dump at twilight feels like someone shining a Surefire in your eyes!!

As far as reloading goes, you can load the 450 with 45 ACP 230 FMJ bullets for pennies, something that you can't do with the others. Even the cheapest 300gr 458's and 50's are still way more expensive than 230 FMJ's.

Since then, I still haven't added any muzzle brake and it's a range favorite!!  Everybody wants to shoot it at least once.    I've even got to run it on a FA lower, imagine how it feels to get punched in the shoulder 9 times in one second!!   You start out standing about 5' from the berm pointing it just in front of your toes, and by the time you are finished you are hitting the berm above your head!!!  It's a blast!!

Edited to make link hot.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[If you do make a 450B pistol PLEASE let me know how it is working out for you!  I am very interested in any information you have on it...

Bones

Here is a thread from the archive with a couple pics of my 10.5" 450 BM SBR.  
Archive Link

Here is the info pasted from that post:

I chose the 450 for my SBR. I first cut it down to 12.5" and it still got 2000fps ave from the 250gr Hornady factory load, and ran fine with a .100 gas port. I thought what the hell, let's take it to 10.5" and see what happens––-1875fps ave and it still runs reliably. I have 4 Sig 556 mags and they all feed 9 rounds reliably, a couple will even run with 10 rounds but the spring tension is getting too tight for 100% first shot reliability. I really need a muzzle device of some sort––recoil and muzzle jump isn't that bad, but the flash, it's like a strobe going off in your face. A mag dump at twilight feels like someone shining a Surefire in your eyes!!

As far as reloading goes, you can load the 450 with 45 ACP 230 FMJ bullets for pennies, something that you can't do with the others. Even the cheapest 300gr 458's and 50's are still way more expensive than 230 FMJ's.

Since then, I still haven't added any muzzle brake and it's a range favorite!!  Everybody wants to shoot it at least once.    I've even got to run it on a FA lower, imagine how it feels to get punched in the shoulder 9 times in one second!!   You start out standing about 5' from the berm pointing it just in front of your toes, and by the time you are finished you are hitting the berm above your head!!!  It's a blast!!

Edited to make link hot.

Would love have this and any pics posted over at the450 forum . Great info thanks a bunch!
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't too worried about the BATF after I read this thread , but that is a little up in the air as well. I was more worried about the local officers maybe being under educated thinking that it is still considered a vertical foregrip when it indeed isn't. Better not open up the can of federal worms and just deal with the recoil with the other legal avenues. Even still you would think it would be classified like a ramped stock on a sniper rifle or also in the cass of the Kriss super-v has the knuckle guard...

That letter isn't worth the paper its written on and with a little searching I would be you could find others that contradict it. I know I've seen several posted that state otherwise. On the other hand I would be surprised if more than 5% of local officers even know that a second foregrip makes a pistol into a AOW. I would bet a larger percentage would believe an AR pistol itself it illegal even without a second foregrip than have even heard of the AOW classification. Not knocking on them, its just a field of law that local law enforcement rarely knows much about.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:That letter isn't worth the paper its written on and with a little searching I would be you could find others that contradict it. I know I've seen several posted that state otherwise. On the other hand I would be surprised if more than 5% of local officers even know that a second foregrip makes a pistol into a AOW. I would bet a larger percentage would believe an AR pistol itself it illegal even without a second foregrip than have even heard of the AOW classification. Not knocking on them, its just a field of law that local law enforcement rarely knows much about.

I agree.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#44]
That letter isn't worth the paper its written on and with a little searching I would be you could find others that contradict it. I know I've seen several posted that state otherwise. On the other hand I would be surprised if more than 5% of local officers even know that a second foregrip makes a pistol into a AOW. I would bet a larger percentage would believe an AR pistol itself it illegal even without a second foregrip than have even heard of the AOW classification. Not knocking on them, its just a field of law that local law enforcement rarely knows much about.

Totally agree!  As an officer at a department of about 30 guys I doubt anyone but me would know that it is illegal to use a forward grip.  Most of them would probubly think that an ar pistol is illegal to begin with.  Not really anything we deal with much.

Bones
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#45]
On sale and in stock at Bud's for $550 for the 16" upper. They also have some full rifles/carbines in various finishes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Apparently Bud's is still using the sale price but is taking orders and not in stock. Also there is ammo at East Texas for $25 a box. hope this helps someone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Hi Gang,
FNG here!
I just ordered "On Sale" @ Midway a 20" 450B upper for my 1st AR build.....hope they are not oversold like last week &^%$#!!
Questions:
What are my front iron sight optoions for this BM 20 "fake gas block" (that looks like a sawed off AR mil base?) ??
What is the barrel diameter of these rifle barrels and are there any rail gas blocks or even AR Mil sight bases that would fit?
Where is the latest 450 loading data as I ordered diies, brass and lead too?
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
May have to find a way to get a 450 upper from midway still love my 50 beowulf tho
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top