Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2010 6:14:54 PM EDT
a buddy of mine asked for my advice about a 6.8 setup, but i have no idea how to answer his question as i have no experience with 6.8. what he wants is a RRA LAR 6.8 CAR-A4, but he wants to put a low pro gas block on with the Troy MRF-MF10 rail system. whats the barrel profile like? will any regular low pro gas block work along with the Troy rail system?
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 4:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
6.8's can be had in a variety of barrel profiles just like 5.56 so you would need to ask RRA if the gas block seat is the standard .750", which I believe it is.  If so then the only hang up would be the rail system.  I can't imagine that Troy made the rails in a way that wouldn't work with a low-pro gas block but I have no personal experience with that particular rail system.

One of the nice things about 6.8 is that nearly everything that works on a 5.56 rifle will work equally well on the 6.8.  While I can't give you definitive answers since I don't own either a RRA LAR 6.8 CAR-A4 or a Troy MRF-MF10 rail system I would be very surprised if there was a problem with what you describe.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
a buddy of mine asked for my advice about a 6.8 setup, but i have no idea how to answer his question as i have no experience with 6.8. what he wants is a RRA LAR 6.8 CAR-A4, but he wants to put a low pro gas block on with the Troy MRF-MF10 rail system. whats the barrel profile like? will any regular low pro gas block work along with the Troy rail system?

Not to put down RRA, but there are other options out there that are better spec'd.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to put down RRA, but there are other options out there that are better spec'd.

+1

If you're going to go to the headache of switching out out the gas block and rails, I would just buy a AR Performance or Bison Armory 6.8 barrel and build it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

If you're going to go to the headache of switching out out the gas block and rails, I would just buy a AR Performance or Bison Armory 6.8 barrel and build it.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

It's what I did.

Oh, +1

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HlioBSdqubI/0.jpg

Yeah, that's the ticket.

It's what I did.

Oh, +1

Me too!

But Ben at Bison is a great guy and puts out a really good product too.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top