Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2010 4:53:22 PM EDT
I'm researching the two and wanted to get opinions from people who have actually shot both of them.
It appears the POF might be a little more accurate, but the REPR has some 'cool factor' points going for it.
Which do you like better?
I'm looking at the 20" REPR for some long range tactical match shooting.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been doing some research about this my self since I have been looking for a good 308 AR Platform.

Just from standing on the outside and looking at the pro and cons:

REPR:

Pros
Ambi Controls, which I like from KAC SR 15
Gas Piston
Side Charging
Pretty accurate but just a tad under the POF from what I have seen, but the REPR has only been out for a little bit so who knows
Lower cowitness with rail height
I think lifetime warranty

Cons:
Very expensive
Magazine issues
Much more expensive.
Has the option for a giessle trigger at increased cost in 18 and 20 versions

POF:

Pros:
Rock Creek Barrels, very accurate
Ambi Controls
Not as expensive
np3 coating
Piston operated

Cons:
3 Year limited warranty
Higher rail co-witness
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a video I put together showing the mag failures I've had with my REPR.  I woud buy another one once they managed to fix this issue.  That being said, compared the POF, I like the REPR more.  I think the ergonomics are second to none.  Accuracy is probably on par with on another.

REPR Mag Failures Video
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The REPR has had more than mag failures... There's been lots of issues I have had with Failure to fully cycle. I've had issues with 308 PIston guns in general with premature bolt and buffer tube wearing, magazine feeding, and and basic cycling of the rifle. All of which are unacceptable to me. Then again i may be a walking piece of gun malfunction luck.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's a video I put together showing the mag failures I've had with my REPR.  I woud buy another one once they managed to fix this issue.  That being said, compared the POF, I like the REPR more.  I think the ergonomics are second to none.  Accuracy is probably on par with on another.

REPR Mag Failures Video

Have you bothered to have the repair made yet or are you still just passing around your shitty video? Have you taken Darren up on his offer yet?  You are aware of the cause right?
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

REPR Mag Failures Video

Have you bothered to have the repair made yet or are you still just passing around your shitty video? Have you taken Darren up on his offer yet?  You are aware of the cause right?

Doesn't look shitty to me.

Other than the performance of the weapon in question, which seems to be systemic.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

REPR Mag Failures Video

It seems u have an opinion to express. Why won't u just say what the problem is? He's just supporting his statement with a video. Recording issues with a rifle is a good way to see what to expect or look for. No reason in saying its a shitty video. Those issues he's experienced are known issues with REPRs as well as FTF and FTE. I'm probably gonna get flamed too now. *sigh*. I'd say dependability goes to the POF right now. It does have a high rail though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REPR Mag Failures Video

Doesn't look shitty to me.

Other than the performance of the weapon in question, which seems to be systemic.

Yup it is a pretty video... The issue is very simple actually. The rifle was speced to mag specs, mags specs were changed and the mag company started shipping different mags, this created a problem with the mag catch which has since been fixed. Everyone who has sent the rifle back (at LWRCI's expense) has gotten back a rifle that has not missed a beat after the mod.

Sorry, I think it is bush league when you have a problem with a manufacture and don't contact them to resolve it and instead make a stupid video... He has yet to send it in for the mod even after he was offered a instant fix and very quick turn around by Darren. No sympathy here.

Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
And for the record I don't own a REPR (I have a couple buddies who do) as I chose to go with a OBR and an LMT in .308 first. However based on shooting my buddies 18" I will be buying one without hesitation after I get the LaRue and LMT dialed in. I own a M6A3 that has been excellent and is very accurate. I have also found LWRCI to be an excellent company who really takes care of their customers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#9]
At least look at the LaRue OBR.  I think it has the one-up on both these guns.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anybody know if LWRC has fixed the mag problem with current rifles coming off the production line now?
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
That's exactly my point though. Quality control is the key to these firearms. My OBR was test fired with both of the mags that came with it and fed with a PMAGs in testing along with  and test target. That's quality when u make sure everything that ships is solid to the operation and not assume it. It may not be a ding on LWRC's engineering or customer service, but it is certainly a deduction at their quality control. Not to mention, their own forum moderators attempt to suppress issues from the public. I'm a fan of "embracing the ugly baby" instead of anonymously giving it up for adoption. I agree, REPR is a fine made weapon with some tuning, but for that price, tuning shouldn't have to be done by you. I'm sure u've experienced an excellent OBR experience. I took mine out today to really break the sucker in and it just kept making smaller holes with not one single FTF, FTE, or anything. I tested crappy magtech, american eagle, prvi partizan 147gr, Wolf 150 gr, and of course the beautiful Hornady Taps 168 and 168 BTHP Hornady Match. All of which shot not only flawlessly but accurately. I was putting crap ball ammo under an inch today to my surprise. That is the kind of rigorous testing, torturing, and maintenance that should be expected for a 3K rifle. The REPR should have gone through more agency and human testing before being released. One messup is one too many in my book, espeically if some people depend on these rifles to protect their lives (i.e. LE/Miltary)
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's exactly my point though. Quality control is the key to these firearms. My OBR was test fired with both of the mags that came with it and fed with a PMAGs in testing along with  and test target. That's quality when u make sure everything that ships is solid to the operation and not assume it. It may not be a ding on LWRC's engineering or customer service, but it is certainly a deduction at their quality control. Not to mention, their own forum moderators attempt to suppress issues from the public. I'm a fan of "embracing the ugly baby" instead of anonymously giving it up for adoption. I agree, REPR is a fine made weapon with some tuning, but for that price, tuning shouldn't have to be done by you. I'm sure u've experienced an excellent OBR experience. I took mine out today to really break the sucker in and it just kept making smaller holes with not one single FTF, FTE, or anything. I tested crappy magtech, american eagle, prvi partizan 147gr, Wolf 150 gr, and of course the beautiful Hornady Taps 168 and 168 BTHP Hornady Match. All of which shot not only flawlessly but accurately. I was putting crap ball ammo under an inch today to my surprise. That is the kind of rigorous testing, torturing, and maintenance that should be expected for a 3K rifle. The REPR should have gone through more agency and human testing before being released. One messup is one too many in my book, espeically if some people depend on these rifles to protect their lives (i.e. LE/Miltary)

From what I understand they have - but have only heard of one shooter getting his rifle back thus far.  I'm sure more have come back, but nobody has posted up the results.  For my "shiity video" as it was called earlier by someone else - I was trying to display the numerous issues the REPRs were having.  I don't see how it is bashing the company.  Companies from all areas have recalls and bad products that leak out and the consumer becomes aware, the media becomes aware, everyone becomes aware.  Maybe someone watched it and made them think twice before spending $3.5k on a rifle that may or may not work properly - mission accomplished.  It wasn't LWRC bashing, it was simply imforming the end users.  That's great that LWRC is taking care of the issue - and when I get time I will send my lower back in for the mod.  I took those clips shortly after I bought the rifle in Dec and was amazed at the issues I was having.  As I've stated before, as others have stated, and as I state again - I think the REPR is a great design, but they dropped the ball on the mag issue.  Good on LWRC for their willingness to make things right - and hopefully it all works out in the end.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It bothers me that LWRC is trying to blame the mag at first. Mine didn't work with cprod, KAC, cmmg,... none. They made the mag catch hold the the mag to low is what I have since heard. If the fix works the rifle will be great. If not reliable when I get it back I will dump it. I found  the video is helpful to compare my problems. I think a bit of deserved bad press is good to keep any company on the ball so problems get fixed. I they fix it well that will get posted as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Like i said... one mistake is too many when a life depends on the functionality of the rifle
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#15]
My POF 308 spits fire and shits lightning.

It does just what POF said it would.

I can shoot it all day, and wipe the BCG down with a cloth and it's good to go.

Remarkably accurate too.

I would buy a hundred more if I had the do re mi.

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Repr. i bought mine about 4 months ago. I have shot 1500 rounds though it. I have not had any issue with my rifle. I see  that some people hear saying the past issues of this rifle but none hear. i use dpms mags. I also reload my ammo. My rifle has worked like a champ. I went though looking at POF np3 308 and LWRC REPR 308. I just went with the REPR because i like the looks of it. It looks bad ass. But i payed all the money for mine $3,500.00 its a 16" also.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It bothers me that LWRC is trying to blame the mag at first. Mine didn't work with cprod, KAC, cmmg,... none. They made the mag catch hold the the mag to low is what I have since heard. If the fix works the rifle will be great. If not reliable when I get it back I will dump it. I found  the video is helpful to compare my problems. I think a bit of deserved bad press is good to keep any company on the ball so problems get fixed. I they fix it well that will get posted as well.

You are aware that mags have been what have plagued the AR 10 variants from day one right? I believe it has been squared away since though. Also keep in mind that even the new .308 Pmags only work in certain rifles FWIW.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Like i said... one mistake is too many when a life depends on the functionality of the rifle

Do you feel the same way about Glocks in calibers other than 9mm that blow up in LEO's hands?  Keep in mind my only issue is that you chose not to get a resolution through the company, instead went on your own smear campaign against them with your video including launching it on THEIR site. I saw them step up to you to fix it as soon as they were made aware of it through your video. Did you get it fixed yet?  Some boards would ban you for airing your dirt without first contacting the company. I also accept that ALL firearm manufactures have issues from time to time and to me its how they handle the problem that separates the good from the bad.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you feel the same way about Glocks in calibers other than 9mm that blow up in LEO's hands?  Keep in mind my only issue is that you chose not to get a resolution through the company, instead went on your own smear campaign against them with your video including launching it on THEIR site. I saw them step up to you to fix it as soon as they were made aware of it through your video. Did you get it fixed yet?  Some boards would ban you for airing your dirt without first contacting the company. I also accept that ALL firearm manufactures have issues from time to time and to me its how they handle the problem that separates the good from the bad.

First, it's not my video. I own an OBR and an assortment of other fun boomsticks :) and NOT a REPR. As for glocks... its issues with bad handloads IN CONJUNCTION with the feed ramp creating excess pressure in an ALREADY high pressure case. Proper handloads would fix that in a jiffy! The actual gun shoots fine with factory ammo. I'm also not a glock fan; however, i guess i should be pleased that ar15 for the most part is very neutral about their postings. Airing information as to a product malfunction isn't anything new. It informs people about a product they are buying and allows them to see for themselves. It also allows others to give input on how to possibly fix the issue. You keep saying "you" when its not me. I'm simply defending a perspective that should allow people to buy a product with a database of knowledge to see what best fits them. I guess you would prefer to let others figure it out themselves, which is fine. Personally, i like to be informed about the product and all its known issues at time of purchase. This wasn't some random bad laundry about the REPR either, it is a KNOWN problem and therefore providing insight on that problem could potentially help others find out what they're getting into.

With the video not being mine, and the fact that i don't have a membership to "THEIR" site, I don't see how i could campaign against them on their site. So before u drag this topic away from technical, which isn't mine, i'll say this.

If ur looking for a good product and a good platform, look at the known issues. They often may give insight into what your personal preferences and your intended uses for the rifle are. They may also give u potential ideas of what future problems may be. I've heard and seen excellent products from POF as well as LWRC. As for the 308 candidate, I would take the POF before i'd take the REPR based on
(1) known mag issues
(2) known cycling issues ( i think some have been able to resolve this with using a lighter lube )
both of these are very important to my uses for the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it a smear campaign?  I don't recall smearing LWRC, as stated in every post, and even on the video description:  As many know the LWRC REPRS have had numerous issues with the magazines and Failure to Feeds. This clip shows several of the issues that have popped up with my REPR. I have had failures with Knight's Armament, C-Products, Magpul .308 PMAGs, and DPMS LR308 Magazines. LWRC is currently working the issue with the options of machining the lower and replacing the mag catch, which is design to run with the Magpul .308 PMags or swap out your included mag for the "new and improved" batch of C-Products mags designed to fit the original dimensions of the REPR's magazine well.  Just to get this clear. I like the design and characteristics of the REPR, but the mag issue is something that shoud have been caught before full product release. LWRC is fixing the REPRs that have issues and has a rep from great customer service. Would I buy another one - yes, but only when this issue is taken care of.

I wanted to inform end users, I wanted someone not to spend $3500 and feel like they made a mistake - or not be happy with their purchase.  I've received many thanks for posting the vid so others can compare issues they are having with their REPRs.  You're the only one who seems to think negative of it - do you have an "in" with LWRC?  I still promote their products, but I make sure if someone wants to purchase a REPR they know about this issue.  Pictures tell more than words - and in this case a video tells a whole lot more.  I'll be glad to post another video comparing the before and after of the REPR not running and hopefully running when it is modified.  Will I still be "smearing" LWRC if I show a bad video in comparison to a new and improved REPR video?   Let me know...maybe you're the internet marketing manager for LWRC.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The rifle was speced to mag specs, mags specs were changed and the mag company started shipping different mags, this created a problem with the mag catch which has since been fixed.

=/=

Quoted:
I have had failures with Knight's Armament, C-Products, Magpul .308 PMAGs, and DPMS LR308 Magazines.

Quoted:
Mine didn't work with cprod, KAC, cmmg,... none.

I'm just sayin'.

Something doesn't add up here.

Yeah, problems happen. Yeah, the company's response is very important.

But rifles going out the door that don't function with any magazine...not good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The rifle was speced to mag specs, mags specs were changed and the mag company started shipping different mags, this created a problem with the mag catch which has since been fixed.

=/=

Quoted:
I have had failures with Knight's Armament, C-Products, Magpul .308 PMAGs, and DPMS LR308 Magazines.

Quoted:

I'm just sayin'.

What doesn't add up?  There are more than a few REPRs out there that have not ran 100% with the above magazines.  All fit way too loose and too low (at least in the REPRs with the issues) which leads to the failures.  Maybe it was an isolated batch, but have yet to see a SN cutoff between the old batch and the new batch.

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

=/=

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just sayin'.

What doesn't add up?  There are more than a few REPRs out there that have not ran 100% with the above magazines.  All fit way too loose and too low (at least in the REPRs with the issues) which leads to the failures.  Maybe it was an isolated batch, but have yet to see a SN cutoff between the old batch and the new batch.

What I'm saying is, if the problem is what he seemed to be saying it was (that it was CProducts' fault), then the rifles should at least work with some other magazines. If he's saying that it was CProducts' fault and LWRC made their magwells specifically for supposedly out of spec CProducts mags and knew they wouldn't function with any other SR-25 pattern mag, well, that's just stupid.

I mean, even Ruger, with a $1500 street price, manages to find enough money to test fire each SR556 30 times/1 full magazine before they ship.

For a $3000+ price tag, couldn't LWRC do the same? Or is there some sort of black magic that occurs between test firing and when the customer receives the firearm and has the magazine repeatedly fall out?
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

=/=

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just sayin'.

What I'm saying is, if the problem is what he seemed to be saying it was (that it was CProducts' fault), then the rifles should at least work with some other magazines. If he's saying that it was CProducts' fault and LWRC made their magwells specifically for supposedly out of spec CProducts mags and knew they wouldn't function with any other SR-25 pattern mag, well, that's just stupid.

I mean, even Ruger, with a $1500 street price, manages to find enough money to test fire each SR556 30 times/1 full magazine before they ship.

For a $3000+ price tag, couldn't LWRC do the same? Or is there some sort of black magic that occurs between test firing and when the customer receives the firearm and has the magazine repeatedly fall out?

Gotcha.  The mag falling out was a KAC SR25 mag.  For some reason the KAC Mags kept falling out.  I didn't have the Magpul, DPMS, or C-Products mag fall out, they just wouldnt't feed.  Regardless if the mag was falling out or staying in, the REPR was still not near 100% reliable.  In the videos I have that show no malfunctions, well that was just luck, and I don't think I ever got off more than seven rounds without a jam - and that was with KAC mags.  The other mags would be just a couple shots, maybe one before a jam.  Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

=/=

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just sayin'.

I don't disagree at all. My only point is simply that they have fixed the issue and current rifles are running. Guys are running pmags among others since the fix. I simply am pointing out that they became aware of it immediately and addressed it in a professional manner with NO EXCUSES.

The video was posted in multiple locations including on THEIR website prior to the user contacting the company. I just find that in poor taste. If a buyer bought an OBR or Stealth and had an issue, and then posted that video prior to giving Mark the chance to make it right, he would have been run out of Dodge... If the owner tries to get a resolution from the company and they didn't go out of their way to make it right, then in my opinion its fair game and if you want to make a movie about it, have at it.

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it a smear campaign?  I don't recall smearing LWRC, as stated in every post, and even on the video description:  As many know the LWRC REPRS have had numerous issues with the magazines and Failure to Feeds. This clip shows several of the issues that have popped up with my REPR. I have had failures with Knight's Armament, C-Products, Magpul .308 PMAGs, and DPMS LR308 Magazines. LWRC is currently working the issue with the options of machining the lower and replacing the mag catch, which is design to run with the Magpul .308 PMags or swap out your included mag for the "new and improved" batch of C-Products mags designed to fit the original dimensions of the REPR's magazine well.  Just to get this clear. I like the design and characteristics of the REPR, but the mag issue is something that shoud have been caught before full product release. LWRC is fixing the REPRs that have issues and has a rep from great customer service. Would I buy another one - yes, but only when this issue is taken care of.

I wanted to inform end users, I wanted someone not to spend $3500 and feel like they made a mistake - or not be happy with their purchase.  I've received many thanks for posting the vid so others can compare issues they are having with their REPRs.  You're the only one who seems to think negative of it - do you have an "in" with LWRC?  I still promote their products, but I make sure if someone wants to purchase a REPR they know about this issue.  Pictures tell more than words - and in this case a video tells a whole lot more.  I'll be glad to post another video comparing the before and after of the REPR not running and hopefully running when it is modified.  Will I still be "smearing" LWRC if I show a bad video in comparison to a new and improved REPR video?   Let me know...maybe you're the internet marketing manager for LWRC.

Fair enough across the board. I think you could have articulated it in a better manner if your intentions were to say what a great rifle it was but they needed to fix the mag issues for it to be 100%. It came across as a "carpet bombing" of the rifle before you had given them a chance to make it right and detail what the problem was and the remedy that they had come up with.  Darren mentioned that they were aware of it and get your rifle to him and it would be fixed ASAP.

When you get the rifle dialed in it might be nice to see a video of the rifle banging steel etc...

This is nothing personal and I have no vested interest in LWRC or the outcome...
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

=/=

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just sayin'.

I don't disagree at all. My only point is simply that they have fixed the issue and current rifles are running. Guys are running pmags among others since the fix. I simply am pointing out that they became aware of it immediately and addressed it in a professional manner with NO EXCUSES.

The video was posted in multiple locations including on THEIR website prior to the user contacting the company. I just find that in poor taste. If a buyer bought an OBR or Stealth and had an issue, and then posted that video prior to giving Mark the chance to make it right, he would have been run out of Dodge... If the owner tries to get a resolution from the company and they didn't go out of their way to make it right, then in my opinion its fair game and if you want to make a movie about it, have at it.

How is this in poor taste?  The video is very informative of the problems I, as a perspective buyer, may have with a $3500 rifle.  How do I know when the rifle I purchase brand new was built?  Is there an easy way of checking to see if the mag release is correct or not in the store before I set down my cash?  This video shows people like the op and I what we might get out of a $3500 rifle.  Why would I want to purchase such a weapon only to have to send it back to be fixed?  I see no "Smear Campaign" as you say only information, plain and simple.  He shows where he is having problems, you say that they have a fix.   Now if we accept the fix and choose to deal with the fact that our new rifle may have this problem and we may have to have it repaired is our choice.  

I've seen others post in the POF forum about accuracy problems, but never someone bash that person for showing their experiences with a weapon.  God man let us the buyers get all the facts, not just the ones you think we should hear.   To the poster of the Video, thanks.  I too am looking at an AR Piston in 308 and want all the facts.  To d90king tell me about the fix, show me the problem, and the solution, tell me how to know the good ones from the bad before I buy one.

Slayer2c
Prospective buyer.

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#28]
By the way, I honestly don't think larue would think twice or care of a "carpet bombing" campaign, nor would POF. They seem to air their bad laundry with ease and integrity. They defend their position rigorously and apply any fixes. A company should fix their mistakes, no doubt about that, but it should also not mind airing its bad laundry. Hiding something almost always ends with a bad taste. LWRC makes fine rifles, but their products constantly receive updates, fixes, etc etc etc. Build something that works the first time no questions asked. If it needs to be fixed, who cares who knows as long as you, the company, acknowledge, fix, and return. If you show your not afraid of a posting with a problem, and you fix it, I think customers would quickly respect that a mistake was made and continue on their way. However, if u consistently hide something, people begin wondering "What's really going on?"

I didn't really have malfunction in my OBR, but I had a bolt that was pretty tight and took some elbow grease to actually charge the handle for some reason. The gun worked fine, shot accurately, and had no malfunctions (i.e. FTE, FTF). I called them up, and my new bolt arrived in OVERNIGHT shipping. A company that owns up to mistakes in public, readily fixes them, and doesn't hide anything in the process is what i'm looking for. What does baffle me is, not too long ago, I was researching the REPR and i went into their forum just to browse. I don't ahve a user name or registered account as I was just looking, but i saw an admin post about someone asking questions about the weapon not feeding and ejecting properly (the mag problems i assume) and the admin came on and said that if they kept talking about the rifle in that way, he would shut down the forum. THAT is what I disagree with.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a REPR.  Would not work with the mag it came with or Pmags.  Sent it back asking for a new lower.  The mags rock back in forth in the well.  I sent it in.  It came back.  It seems to hand feed fine.  The mags do sit higher.  The magazines still rock like crazy back in forth in the well.  This is not acceptable.  Also the cproduct mag it came with came back with a completely annihilated floor plate, from the trip to fix.  And its not due to the shipper, it went out fine, and the box came back the same way.  Customer service is fine except they wouldnt give me a new lower, and the busted mag.

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sorry to hear about that experience. I understand the cheekpiece issue. I have a magpul and it seems to have solved the issue fine. Have u tried the SPR mount. I tried it with my Leupold and didn't need the extra cheek piece. Just a suggestion!
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm sorry to hear about that experience. I understand the cheekpiece issue. I have a magpul and it seems to have solved the issue fine. Have u tried the SPR mount. I tried it with my Leupold and didn't need the extra cheek piece. Just a suggestion!

Assume thats to me.  I couldnt figure out how to get an ACOG low enough.  The planned optic.  I wish I'd held out for a 18 or 20 and real glass.  I let them talk me into a 16", and I let the excitement of getting in early overwhelm my better judgment.  Too late did I discover the cheekpiece issues.  The PRS is the only stock I'd consider, or lower mount on a 40mm type scope.  I may try it again later.  I pissed away my $2500 entry price try though, and thats a bitter pill to swallow.  Sorry for the thread hijack.  

Based on what experience I've had, I'd go with the POF of the two options offered.  OBR if your looking for a precision rifle.  LMT before a POF if your willing to wait a few weeks.  The POF high rail would make it a non starter for me in any configuration.  But that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I c i c... I've seen the cheek weld issues. Alot of people are going to a PRS. I think Dallas swat ordered 5 of them. the POF has an even higher rail than the OBR from the barrel doesn't it? Although it doesn't have the decline to exacerbate the issue. I have the 18 and I wish i went 16". If u wanna talk about pros and cons i'd love to. I may consider a 16" for trade but I would really like to see one. Hopefully during the summer break i'll have the opportunity to shoot a 16" back in Dallas. PM me if u know where i'm going with this. At the very least, I'd like to hear a 16" owner's perspective. Shoot me a PM

The POF is what i'd get for all the above reasons i've stated!
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered a LMT but that repr looks pretty damn sweet. a friend got one  at the gun show and ran over to show me. I have to admit it was nice. The POF is very nice too. I want all of them but the wife said no.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Waited 17 months to get my 16" pof .308 finally came in a couple weeks ago. Took it to the range and BAM a shitload of feed problems. Now sending it back. We will see how long this takes.... my 5.56 rifle is flawless but so far no luck on the .308.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Waited 17 months to get my 16" pof .308 finally came in a couple weeks ago. Took it to the range and BAM a shitload of feed problems. Now sending it back. We will see how long this takes.... my 5.56 rifle is flawless but so far no luck on the .308.

Well this scares me as I just got mine last week. I have not shot it yet, so I hopping for the best.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Played with both, the POF is 1 MOA in a bad day with crappy ammo. Good fit and finish and overall goes bang every time.

The LWRC, while great at CS. Not so great for the pricxe. Go POF , or maybe DPMS SASS
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I can lend some insight on the POF systems and the LWRC systems.  I own 3 POF MRR-415 9sx uppers.  2-11.5" and one 16".  I also own a couple LWRC's all in 5.56.  As far as POF and their AR design, in my opinion it is second to none.  There are however some major problems currently with their systems that need to be remedy as far as quality control goes as I just received my 3rd upper from Felex (great guy) from AV Guns in Florida that is already on it's way back to POF as well as my second POF upper that I will be sending out on Monday after I run a carbine course this weekend.  The one I received on April 27th arrived with absolutely no electroless nickel plating in the upper receiver, the rails where so out of spec that their own FST won't slide on, and it had gas rings on the bolt itself which Chris at POF himself was surprised by.  If you want more details I will be happy to share.  As far as the REPR goes, LWRC will send you just that with no surprises and you can be certain you will receive what is advertised.  If POF could only get their quality control sorted out they would be a major player like colt, etc., unfortunately stuff goes out the door lacking major things like the electroless nickel plating and that is just a shame because their design is solid, and the rifles look great as well.  Also, rock creek barrels are phenomenal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a LWRC REPR. The only problem i have had with the weapon is sometimes, Only when charging the weapon by hand,with a P-mag that the bolt rode over a cartridge. Other than that, when firing the rifle, or using the C-products magazines, i have no problems, and the gun will hold a .5 moa group at 100 yards. It does like 175 grain ammo the best though.

LWRC has come out with a fix for the P-mags. And i believe it will be applied to all REPR's from now on before they leave the factory. The REPR's that have been fixed are running great with P-Mags.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top