Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2008 5:34:24 PM EDT
Can anyone helpme find a reliable  custom 450bushmaster machinist for a new upper?

Thank You !
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Can anyone helpme find a reliable  custom 450bushmaster machinist for a new upper?

Thank You !

What do you have planned for it or what are you wanting to change?
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Might, and I do mean might, save you some time:

www.mgimilitary.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=34

http://www.mgimilitary.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=35
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you get it before Sunday you can get the upper from bushmaster cheep and modify it to your specks.

Bushmaster is having a sale

.450 Bushmaster 16" Upper

$ 549.00

http://www.bushmaster.com/fall/Default.asp
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Jagermaster where do you see this .450 upper for that price?  I only see the 6.8spc for that price.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jagermaster where do you see this .450 upper for that price?  I only see the 6.8spc for that price.  

That is why I said "If you get it before Sunday you can get the upper from bushmaster cheep and modify it to your specks.".

They are running different specials each week of October.  I believe they did the taxtime sale the same way.  

If you want the 450BM I would call Bushmaster and ask if they will give you the sale price.  You are only one day late.

Edit:  Cold you beat me too it
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I tried that but they are closed today for Columbus day.  So I will try again tomorrow.  I am hoping that they will but I don't think they will do it.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I went the 450 Bushy route by purchasing the barrel assembly from MGI.
Things did not go well. I asked them to provide a bolt, gas block, flash hider, and gas tube to go along with the barrel so I would have everything needed to assemble and drop into my MGI upper. They told me the barrel and bolt were in stock but they did not have the gas block, flash hider or gas tube but were expecting delivery of the missing items in a few days. After a few weeks and a few phone calls I received my package less the flash hider. First problem, they sent me a .960" gas block and the barrel requires a .750" gas block. You would think they would have assembled at least one barrel and should have known what size gas block!!! I had a Larue .750" gas block  on hand so I used my own and returned the larger gas block for credit. The barrel assembly went together without a problem and fit nicely into my MGI upper. Dry cycled a round only to find the ejection port was to small to allow the 450 Bushy round to eject. Called MGI and explained the problem. I was told to send the upper back to have the ejection port opened and I should have it back in a couple of weeks. Again, you think they would have known the ejection port was too small if they had ever assembled one of these and attemted to test fire the assembly??? I have access to a milling machine so I opted to open the ejection port myself, which I did. I have yet to receive the muzzel device so I contacted Bushmaster and ordered one from them direct. Again, I don't understand why it takes so long to get a flash hider. Bushmaster even explained to me that the thread pitch is 11/16"-24. Yes, it is finally together and it functions great even without the muzzel device. I put at least 60 rounds of factory and personal reloads without a problem. I love the caliber. If you go the MGI route, I hope you have better luck then me.haveGot an email from Bushmaster today that my muzzel device has shipped. Finally!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I sent an Email to Bushmaster asking them (as nice as I possibly could) if I could still purchase the upper from them.  I have my fingers crossed but we shall see what they say.  
Oh and by the way i'm sorry I hijacked your thread.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]
  No problem,   thanks too all of you!

I'll be talking to bushmaster tomorrow  and  Dtech supperstore and accuracy sys.

Thanks for all the info!
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I talked with the Bushmaster customer service and pleaded with the guy to bend just a little and sale the 450 upper but he didn't budge.  Oh well I guess I will have to continue looking for a big bore and make up my mind between one of the three.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#13]
They now have the 20" upper on sale for $559.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top