Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 3:50:59 PM EDT
PSA sells what they call an Enhanced Polished Fire Control Group.  Anybody ever try one?  Are they still abysmal like 99% of the mil-spec triggers or are they actually usable?  If the latter, what kind of break characteristic would I expect from one.  Thx.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
ALG is better. As is Spikes and BCM enhanced.  ALG is my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
They feel just like their regular trigger groups to me. I also much prefer the ALG ACT that it's trying very hard to imitate.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I friend has one and for a mil-spec trigger it's excellent. No reduced pull weight but a clean/crisp break.

Tomac
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ALG is better. As is Spikes and BCM enhanced.  ALG is my favorite.
View Quote

I have two ALG ACT and three PSA polished.  They feel identical to me as well as many others.  For $30, you will not get a better mil spec type trigger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no experience with any of the high end triggers, but I can definitely say its a crisper break than a standard mil spec trigger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have two ALG ACT and three PSA polished.  They feel identical to me as well as many others.  For $30, you will not get a better mil spec type trigger.
View Quote

I have 2 ACT, 2 QMS and one PSA enhanced....wish I had my $30 back. I do not like mine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have 2 ACT, 2 QMS and one PSA enhanced....wish I had my $30 back. I do not like mine.
View Quote

I believe you are the first person I have seen that did not like the PSA enhanced.  I think the QMS is only slightly better than a typical mil spec trigger.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I actually just got done installing one (PSA EPT). I like it, for the price. I normally just use mil spec triggers (though I wind up throwing a lot of the out if they're bad), so I don't have much to compare to. I've only used mil spec, ALG QMS, POF 4.5 curved (my favorite) and now PSA EPT. One thing I dislike about this trigger (same complaint about the QMS) is that the reset is so far forward, and the amount of release pressure is so little, that you practically have to take your finger off the trigger for it to reset. It also seems like a delayed reset, as if it almost doesn't but does at the last nano second. Mil spec triggers, IMHO, have a better reset. I would opt for the EPT over the QMS since my QMS has HORRIBLE reset feel (it's a super clean break, but the reset feels like the trigger drags on gravel before it finally resets). My EPT is smooth both ways. However, one thing I like about the QMS better than the EPT is the (minimally) oversized pins (and you definitely can tell the difference when installing. ALG pins fit much nicer).
So I'm kind of "meh" about both the EPT and QMS. I think I'd stick with mil spec (although the better ones) and skip the EPT or QMS (unless your serious about triggers, in which case you'll get a cassette type anyway).
Just my .02
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Love mine. I ran the contact surfaces on a buffing wheel before installing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe I expected too much from the PSA? Really didn't feel any different from the CMMG milspec triggers I was using.
I picked up the QMS, liked it alot and then the ACT triggers, just my favorites now. The PSA is in my spares box now.

To each his own, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:09:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Spike's NiB > ACT = EPT as far as how they feel since the spikes is about a lb less and they all break cleanly. I'll try to get them all out at the range together for 1st time soon so I can compare more closely.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PSA sells what they call an Enhanced Polished Fire Control Group.  Anybody ever try one?  Are they still abysmal like 99% of the mil-spec triggers or are they actually usable?  If the latter, what kind of break characteristic would I expect from one.  Thx.
View Quote

They're good.

They are a lot smoother than a plain old fcg.

You can polish your own, but these are polished then refinished. I assume you ruin the risk of damaging the hardness, possible safety issues, or encouraging rust if you polish your own.

And for $30 and free shipping sometimes, it doesn't cost much more if you went out and bought a milspec fcg.
jmho
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#13]
They're better than a crappy milspec, but milspec triggers vary greatly. A really nice one can be pretty sweet (if you get lucky). My nicest milspec trigger is a standard trigger from a PSA premium kit. Next best is my ACT. The PSA enhanced is basically a better-than-average milspec, but don't expect something special. I was disappointed in it.

None, of course, come close to my MBT or even my RRA national match 2 stage, but that's to be expected.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like mine. Feels very good for a milspecish trigger.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I like mine. I didn't want to drop big money on a trigger and this had good reviews so I spent the $30 and was a good improvement over the shifty trigger from my lpk
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]
These guys have a great product
Right To Bear, Arms and Supply
www.righttobear.com

Their springs are hand selected for a 5# pull.
Hardly any take up or over-travel, positive reset, smooth clean break.

Review thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_641/278193_Enhanced-Nickel-Teflon-Trigger-Assembly--Review-and-Comparison-Alg-Act-and-BCM-Pnt.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an ALG ACT and a PSA EPT, and very slightly prefer the EPT: it seems just a little crisper. I'm willing to bet that it could have gone either way. That said, both are a good value.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I use Mil spec, PSA EPT, and ALG QMS. My favorite is actually the EPT. The QMS is a close second, but it feels slightly gritty on the return/release, while the EPT is smooth for both pull AND release. Mil spec... well that's a crap shoot. I've had ones that rival the EPT, and ones that horrendous (from many manufacturers. No consistency). I'll not spend the $ for QMS anymore, but will happily pay the $30 for the EPT.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the PSA in my carbine lower and it is nice. Smooth and slick with a clean break and not a lot of creep. The DPMS trigger it replaced was a good mil spec trigger already but the PSA was a step up for sure. I just got a SSA for a Recce or SPR style build and am replacing the PSA trigger with another SSA. Best trigger for a multi use AR that I have used and totally worth the $. If on a budget the G2S or LaRue is the way to go imo.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]
My experience with the PSA enhanced trigger is not as good as the experience of some. It has a clean, smooth break -- but the reset is long and feels like it is moving through a box of sand and rocks. It almost feels like it is sticking before the end of the long reset and then it (finally) resets with a very loud click. I hate it. My Spikes Tactical mil-spec is a much, much better trigger. Looks like I need to save my nickels for a Geissele SSA-E.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Best $30 trigger. It's a simple single stage trigger with the grit taken out and a crisp brake. Had 3 of them so far, been happy with all 3.
Also had the ALG - felt about the same to me. I would not hesitate purchasing again, though it is still a mil-spec single stage trigger.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I got one but at first glance I still noticed some visible tool marks so I polished it out myself to a mirror finish. I did the same with one of their standard triggers. They now both have smooth crisp breaks paired up with some lighter springs I picked up from Joe Bobs.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Best single stage I ever ran into was one that came with a Del-Ton kit.  Can't say it is common, but it had a very smooth pull.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I like mine, especially compared to the HORRIBLE mil-spec trigger that came with my lower parts kit.  As I squeezed the bad trigger, I could actually hear the grinding of the sear thru my earphones resting on the buttstock.  It sounded like a creaking door opening in a haunted house.  It would give 3 or 4 false breaks, then it would actually break out of nowhere.  For $30, I felt like I improved my rifle by 1000x.  I didn't want to spend a lot, so this was the perfect fix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top