Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 1:27:41 AM EDT
Has anyone seen these...or used them??    http://www.trinityforcecorp.com/portfolio-items/ygm413b07/

They look very much like Troy Alphas/VTAC Alphas...  I just got the 15" in the mail and really like it so far... if it stays put, I'll love it!!  lol...  

It mounts with a proprietary nut, but still weighs less than the Troy Alpha...   will be perfect for LW builds as long as it stays put..

Just looking to see if anyone has experience with them...   No reviews that I could find online..

http://www.trinityforcecorp.com/portfolio-items/ygm413b07/#

Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks 'almost' identical to the UTG Pro Super Slim.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks 'almost' identical to the UTG Pro Super Slim.
View Quote

The NCStar products on the rest of the pages though...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it just rebranded NC Star, lol?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a utg super slim knock off on ebay that uses the same tube but the barrel nut attachment system it uses is terrible. I have not been able to find anything on the trinity force barrel nut.

Edit: pic of the barrel nut. Looks like it uses set screws to hold the rail to the nut
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it just rebranded NC Star, lol?
View Quote

Gonna say this.

UTG PRO rail specs but made in China.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So, does this mean the UTG Pro rails are legit now since they have cheap Chinese knock-offs, or has somebody divided by zero?

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't tried the Trinity Force free float rail. I bought a rail which is identical off of GunBroker for 60.00 and some change with free shipping. Called myself saving money. It came with the barrel locking nut shown by FatCat. The locking nut included (as shown by FatCat) has only the two recessed rings in which the set screws snug into. This gives way too much excess space in which you are to align and lock down the handguard tube. Now that I tried it, its a terrible set up. The handguard tube slides on with a good enough no play fit. When you go to tighten the six "set" screws, I found it impossible to get the torque perfect in order to get the handguard to align on the barrel. It was very obvious when looking down the barrel from the muzzle end, that the alignment was off. I chased that monkey for an hour with no success. Also, the set screws included would not even screw down flush without chamfering the female end openings. I am going to "attempt" to get a refund, but i'm sure they are going to say since I tried to install it, it's now used and i'm SOL.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:15:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Use a carry handle locked down over the upper and rail to align....  easy...   Mine mounted fine..  nice tight easy fit...  Haven't shot it yet..   Very comparable in looks and fit to Troy VTAC/Alpha...     Has anyone actually used and have experience with it??
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Use a carry handle locked down over the upper and rail to align....  easy...   Mine mounted fine..  nice tight easy fit...  Haven't shot it yet..   Very comparable in looks and fit to Troy VTAC/Alpha...     Has anyone actually used and have experience with it??
View Quote

How solid is the lockup and can you take pics?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
It feels very tight...   i think only time and use will tell..  at less than half the cost of Troy rails..   so far I like them...Just keeping my fingers crossed though!!!  It locks down w/ 6 screws, just like a gas block, so you could dimple the barrel nut and use locktite to make it more solid if needed.  

How do I attach pics??
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do you think this attachment system is terrible?   This is the same as the Trinity nut...

Quoted:
There is a utg super slim knock off on ebay that uses the same tube but the barrel nut attachment system it uses is terrible. I have not been able to find anything on the trinity force barrel nut.

Edit: pic of the barrel nut. Looks like it uses set screws to hold the rail to the nut
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ4N1gxNjAw/z/LwUAAOSwPe1UGIq-/$_3.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It feels very tight...   i think only time and use will tell..  at less than half the cost of Troy rails..   so far I like them...Just keeping my fingers crossed though!!!  It locks down w/ 6 screws, just like a gas block, so you could dimple the barrel nut and use locktite to make it more solid if needed.  

How do I attach pics??
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How do I attach pics??
View Quote

Click the image button below the message window, and post the image URL from the hosting site you used (Photobucket, etc) and it will post it in the IMG tags for you
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why do you think this attachment system is terrible?   This is the same as the Trinity nut...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason is in that picture, and your post.  Dimple the nut to keep them in place??  It may be half the price, and we can see why.

Good luck.  Post up the pics!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#16]
SO buy the TRinity rail and the UTG nut....still save a ton...   Same exact rail...   I have a few Troys...one Alpha and one VTAC Alpha...  they're great...   but even with good deals, I paid over $100 each for them....  so tired of these companies charging insane prices ...    It's a fricking aluminum tube!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Got one on the way , if I had seen the barrel nut setup I'd passed on it I'm guessing thats why it's not shown
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got one on the way , if I had seen the barrel nut setup I'd passed on it I'm guessing thats why it's not shown
View Quote

Let us know what kind of barrel but it comes with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do , looks like it might be here tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
SO buy the TRinity rail and the UTG nut....still save a ton...   Same exact rail...   I have a few Troys...one Alpha and one VTAC Alpha...  they're great...   but even with good deals, I paid over $100 each for them....  so tired of these companies charging insane prices ...    It's a fricking aluminum tube!!!
View Quote

OP I'd like to see a picture of " a few Troys...one Alpha and one VTAC Alpha "  as I find it hard to believe that if you own a AR that you would post about this with the piece of shit barrel nut it comes with

So what auction was yours ?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No. The utg nut is not the same as the trinity. Not even close. The two are so different, I'm not even sure how you are able to claim they are the same.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
No. The utg nut is not the same as the trinity. Not even close. The two are so different, I'm not even sure how you are able to claim they are the same.
View Quote

I think he was talking about the other $60 UTG knock-off on fleabay.

I decided to try one of the 12" Trinity rails on my wife's rifle, since she seldom actually uses it.  Someone who comes out to play two or 3 times per year on a square range doesn't need the most durable set-up, so I figured I could gamble at under $60.  As mentioned, though, if I'd known about the barrel nut set-up, I would not have bought it.  I can deal with it and make it right, but very few people have the kind of machining capabilities I do, so the Trinity will leave them with either a crooked hand guard on a weak mount, or a $60 piece of useless crap in a box somewhere.

As for the real deal UTG, I know Leapers products haven't always been viewed favorably, but the US-made Pro stuff is really good quality.  I currently have have a couple of the 13" FF quad rails, a 9" FF rail and the 15" FF slim.  They're all quite light weight for what they are, have a good fit & finish, and their pricing puts them in a best value category.  Some of the higher end offerings shave a couple ounces off, but I honestly can't say that the MI or DD stuff I've had seemed any more durable.  Never had a Troy hand guard, so cannot comment there.  Unless someone is making a rail out of 7075, though, I just don't see anything being much stronger.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I think my  UTG Slim Pro is a better  handguard then my slim MI
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#24]
stay away from Trinity Force, horrible rails, copy cat company, counterfeited products. TERRIBLE barrel nut design. See pictures here from someone's latest post.

UTG Pro Super Slim on AR15.com
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:50:58 AM EDT
[#25]
SO far. so good....   mounted a 12" Trinity on a new 7.62 x 39 build...   mounted solid and centered without issue...   put over 100 rounds downrange, banged it around a bit....  it stayed put.   as far getting it to mount centered.. I just tightened all the screws evenly..lightly first, both sides then bottom..  progressively tightening them a  little at a time...  rail centered itself..  used a A2 type handle to align the rail...   piece of cake...  go slow and easy and it mounts up fine... the attachment system may not be as good as some, but it sure seems to be tight and stay put...  just my experience..  I don't mind if no one else buys them...that will keep prices low... I already see them being sold unbranded on eBay and they want $149 for the 15"   I'll get a Troy for that kind of coin..  :)
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I meat the Trinity nut is the same as that pic posted by FatCat...  Sorry you are so easily offended by what you misunderstand.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't mind if no one else buys them...that will keep prices low...
View Quote

Actually you seem to mind quite a bit. You keep bumping this thread and the other with multiple posts all saying the same thing. You're obviously a shill.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Are these airsoft parts?  They look like it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Are these airsoft parts?  They look like it.
View Quote

Actually having both tubes side by side I'd bet the tubes were made the same place, finish is actually better then my utg's  just don'care for the barrel nut
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Possivle shill account. Locked pending staff review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top