Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Shadow Ops Weaponry (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/25/2014 1:48:54 PM EDT
Does anyone have direct contact info for Shadow Ops Weaponry? Something not listed on their site, or maybe someone close who could drive over there and kick someones ass for me... I'd buy you a case of beer. I've ordered a .308 bcg from them and I can't get ahoold of anyone. Tried everything including many messages and emails, Facebook messages etc etc etc etc. I've started a CC dispute claim but I hate to do that if I could get ahold of them. Any help/suggestions. They seemed legit but refuse to give someone like that any business! Its not how you do things. I'm pretty pissed!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By iclimb:
Does anyone have direct contact info for Shadow Ops Weaponry? Something not listed on their site, or maybe someone close who could drive over there and kick someones ass for me... I'd buy you a case of beer. I've ordered a .308 bcg from them and I can't get ahoold of anyone. Tried everything including many messages and emails, Facebook messages etc etc etc etc. I've started a CC dispute claim but I hate to do that if I could get ahold of them. Any help/suggestions. They seemed legit but refuse to give someone like that any business! Its not how you do things. I'm pretty pissed!
View Quote

Man I had the same problem.  I did get to talk to them twice and they kept telling me that my 308 BCG would be shipping in the next couple of days.  I ordered mine in Feb and I give them until the middle of May and did the credit card dispute.  About 2 weeks ago I got an email from Shadow Ops that they had cancelled my order, so I guess my  credit card company got ahold of them:). I abhor since ordered a DPMS BCG from MidwayUSA.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dbnorton:

Man I had the same problem.  I did get to talk to them twice and they kept telling me that my 308 BCG would be shipping in the next couple of days.  I ordered mine in Feb and I give them until the middle of May and did the credit card dispute.  About 2 weeks ago I got an email from Shadow Ops that they had cancelled my order, so I guess my  credit card company got ahold of them:). I abhor since ordered a DPMS BCG from MidwayUSA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbnorton:
Originally Posted By iclimb:

Well that's great to hear... What an outfit! Is anyone near these guys that could actually go talk to them for me and cancel my order? I'll buy you a case of beer!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I am not alone on this... same thing happened to me ordering their 308 Nib BCG.  Even though my order has been cancelled for weeks, I have not seen the charge credited back to the credit card  Thanks for the heads up!

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Call your credit card company and Dispute the charges before its too late. Also google the Denver BBB and file a complaint. Its really simple takes about 10min. might get some reliefe. No, your not alone there have been many!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
In the same boat here. Ordered a month ago and nothing.  They don't answer the phone and they don't reply to emails.

The 308 BCG is the last thing I need so I'm kind of pissed off.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chrisinohio] [#6]
Just checked their site and under the updates section that says that the BCG's should be arriving within two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the exact same problem. I have a feeling the company is shutting down because I cannot get a hold of anyone at all. I ordered the 308 BCG in February and canceled in April since it did not ship in 14 days as promised on the website at the time. I have talked to Shawn at Shadow Ops more than 5 times and each time he said "you will have the refund within a week". Well, here we are in July and I do not have it, nor can I get a hold of him any longer.

I filed a case with the Colorado BBB and they closed my case since they could not get a hold of them either. I also filed a case with the Attorney General of Colorado, but that is pretty much useless until enough people file a case against Shadow Ops.

I want to bring this scamming ass company down to the ground and I will do everything in my power to do so. I will not let this go. I am hoping we can all work together and figure something out. I want my refund and want each and every person that has been scammed by this company to receive a refund as well.

I have his direct cell phone number so maybe this will help some people out. Shawn at Shadow Ops 540-551-2247.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a NIB .223 BCG I got from them promptly and also ordered a .308 a month later and got the same run around. After getting promises for awhile I finally told them I wanted a refund they said they would promptly refund the money then two weeks later still no money so I outed them on their facebook. They contacted me by email shortly after the callout and refunded my money sorry you guys are getting the run around I know it can be frustrating.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:50:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ewetstone] [#9]
Originally Posted By Rhymesayer:
I have the exact same problem. I have a feeling the company is shutting down because I cannot get a hold of anyone at all. I ordered the 308 BCG in February and canceled in April since it did not ship in 14 days as promised on the website at the time. I have talked to Shawn at Shadow Ops more than 5 times and each time he said "you will have the refund within a week". Well, here we are in July and I do not have it, nor can I get a hold of him any longer.

I filed a case with the Colorado BBB and they closed my case since they could not get a hold of them either. I also filed a case with the Attorney General of Colorado, but that is pretty much useless until enough people file a case against Shadow Ops.

I want to bring this scamming ass company down to the ground and I will do everything in my power to do so. I will not let this go. I am hoping we can all work together and figure something out. I want my refund and want each and every person that has been scammed by this company to receive a refund as well.

I have his direct cell phone number so maybe this will help some people out. Shawn at Shadow Ops 540-551-2247.
View Quote

Why are you wasting all this time with BBB and Attorney General???

At the 15 day mark I would of been on the phone with my CC company to dispute the charge and that would of been that.  

You want to screw them....the best thing you can do is dispute the charge.  If a company gets enough disputes/complaints to credit card companies you can bet that info gets passed along to other CC banks and your defrauding company will no longer be able to have a merchant account with any of them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Calling my CC company on Monday.

Sounds like these guys don't give a rat's ass about customer service.  

Chris
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate hearing about these companies. There is no reason for them to be run like that. Communication is not that difficult. The don't manufacture squat so why can't they contact customers? It's crap and shame on them. Maybe they ate so high speed and cover that commo is intermittent? That was sarcasm btw.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ewetstone:

At the 15 day mark I would of been on the phone with my CC company to dispute the charge and that would of been that.  

You want to screw them....the best thing you can do is dispute the charge.  If a company gets enough disputes/complaints to credit card companies you can bet that info gets passed along to other CC banks and your defrauding company will no longer be able to have a merchant account with any of them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ewetstone:
Originally Posted By Rhymesayer:

Already tried. Unfortunately I am past the 60 days already. It is hard to call the CC company when you keep being promised the product or the refund. I have ZERO fault in this manner and just want a refund, which I doubt I will get.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have any luck?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]
They still owe me a 308 bolt carrier from fucking January, supposed to have  "free" upgrade to the ni boron or whatever according to correspondence from feb/mar time frame. I tried disputing it a while back and my cc said it had been too long... I already bought a DPMS one from midway that I received in what 3 days from time of order? I've emailed/tried to call at least 5-10 times in the last 2-3 months trying to get to cancel the order, with no response to anything. Basically lost $220 without any sign of delivering a product.

Avoid like the plague. That's my story, short of flying out there and showing up at their door or going the small claims route I don't think I can cause much of a repercussion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#15]
MrZeat, I am in the same boat as you. I found Sean Malahy's facebook also. I seriously can't let this go.

https://www.facebook.com/GlassWolf?fref=ts
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#16]
http://a11906.actonservice.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/11906/p/p-0002/t/page/fm/0/r/l-0007:1b3/s/l-0007

Just got another email about lower information... Let's see if they actually ship the damn thing. Will be over a year and a half for a freakin lower, but it will be custom lol.

Also says 2 weeks on all BCGs... I have a hard time believing it, but we'll see if they really mean it this time...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I received a 5.56 BCG with a few weeks during the madness from them but didn't end up ordering anything else.  I got an email this week or last week that was a big apology/blame game from the 'owner' - apparently they had a series of problems with another investor.  The BCG I ordered was average quality, nothing remarkable, but with all of the drama I don't see myself ordering anything from them until the reputation increases.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I'll never place another order with these people....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a blemished BCG from them last spring. They said it'd take a few days to ship, and it ended up at my door SIX WEEKS later. Don't bother with them. Shady company.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Update on the BCG I bought from them. Firing pin snapped after a few hundred rounds through it. Meanwhile my Windham BCG has has nearly 10k rounds with zero issues.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I'll be damned, my .308 BCG just got a shipping notice. Ordered on Jan 15th 2014.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I honestly didn't think I'd ever get this at this point... over 10 month wait, but here it is. The machining looks decent and the black on ni-bo does look slick... Better than my DPMS one I bought? I don't know. I'm not using the bolt anyway since my JP Rifles barrel came with a JP bolt they recommend to use for headspace reasons.

Now for the lower they owe me...
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I had an interesting email conversation with Sean Malahy (cat boy) at Shadow Ops below (Sean in italics). His response just reflects the kind of company they are, or what's left of it anyway. Right after this conversation with Sean, I emailed Paul Russ (the boss man with never ending excuses) and forwarded him this email and to much surprise, he had nothing to say about his behavior. Go figure. So instead of fixing the issue and refunding my hard earned money I had been promised since April, he replies "Order un-canceled. Bolt carrier is shipping today." No apology, no explanation, no nothing. Just a complete lack of customer service. So there is no helping this company. They have over 100 cases filed with the BBB against them and finally the BBB is stepping in. I hope we can get a class action suit started against them so they can return everyone's hard earned money plus interest. Worst experience I have EVER had with a product. It is a straight up scam. Thanks Shady Ops Weaponry for wasting close to a year of my life so far and it still isn't over. Not until the money is back in my account.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#24]
Edited...Too much personal info...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I tried to get it refunded for MONTHS, at least I got something to show for my money now :|

Especially for the price I paid, I would have never done it if I had expected it to take more than a couple weeks to get the product.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Funny how you edit the e-mail to make it look like you did nothing, like threatening me, spamming me constantly, etc..  You brought that reaction on yourself, kid.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GlassWolf:
Funny how you edit the e-mail to make it look like you did nothing, like threatening me, spamming me constantly, etc..  You brought that reaction on yourself, kid.
View Quote

Nope, no editing whatsoever other than italics. I ABSOLUTELY emailed you almost on a weekly basis and that's a problem? I give you 225 dollars to supply me a product within the promised 14 days, I wait 45 days and cancel my order after receiving no product and no update, and then another 9 months to get a refund, which I never got? Instead you send me a product that I have no use for? That my friend, is called crap. Your useless company is only sending out products in the first place because the BBB is forcing you to complete the orders. Otherwise, I would have never gotten a thing. Please do not insult my intelligence.  

And how you are making ME into the bad guy here, is beyond me. You have no argument, especially since at least 100 other people had the same problem. Just look at the BBB complaints. I did everything in my power to try to recoup my money and still was not able to. You and all of your co-workers need to take a basic class in customer service. Stand up, be a man (what very little amount you are), stop blaming other people for your problems and take ownership. The only time you ever responded to me was to give me an "excuse", which your company is very familiar with. Useless employees for a useless company.

I feel that nobody on this forum will buy anything through your company, SHADOW OPS WEAPONRY, ever again, so I feel like I did my part. Good luck cat boy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#28]
IN!
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Yup, been trying to contact them to no avail. I mean seriously, I know this group can be a nasty bunch when they feel wronged, but really? How the heck does a business not answer any phone calls or emails ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Not to rehash a potentially dead thread, I took a chance and called their 800 number earlier... and what did I get? Nothing, same as normal. I Called the other number they have listed (720-xxx-xxxx) and I got a person. The guy was very courteous to me and solved my issue while I was on the phone with him. I was actually kind of surprised, I kind of wrote off getting a this lower and went ahead and picked one up in a trade... and another on black Friday. Looks like that singe dsg arms upper was a mistake, should have gotten a few more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:59:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#31]
I did finally get my Lower. I officially have received all of my orders from Shadow Ops. I will not be placing anymore, ever. But I can say I did receive everything I ordered at this point.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I hope not reading this thread first doesn't end up biting me in the ass. I ordered a .308 barrel about 3 weeks ago and have not received it yet. I did get a couple replies about a week ago from Sam Beach after sending two emails. One saying it will be shipped out in a couple weeks and another saying it would be "shipped out shortly." I don't know what "shortly" is, but when I see that something is in stock I think a week is plenty of time to get that item pulled and shipped and when you look at their web site it shows they have 90 in stock. How long can it take to throw a barrel in a box, slap a label on it and tell UPS to pick it up? This is 2015, even I have the capability of automatically printing a shipping label and scheduling a pick up, and I don't even have a retail business.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#33]
"In stock" heh lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Late to the party, but hopefully this helps others. It took me almost a year to cancel and get a refund. Here's some direct contact info:

Lori Houghton
East Coast – Office Manager
Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC
1830 Boston Avenue, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80501
Toll Free Phone: 1-855-850-0007
Fax: 703-564-5633
Cell Phone: 303-999-5192
[email protected]
www.ShadowOpsWeaponry.com

Paul (Owner)
571-278-2001
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks dvldogster. I will light them up in hopes of getting some recourse.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Your credit card couldn't get your money back for you? A year? Jeez!
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone heard from them lately?   I have tried calling / emailing and left voice mails to no avail.

I am moving and do not want my order being sent to the wrong address.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Copied from a local CO forum:

Well everybody, I'm really sad to have to say this, but Shadow Ops Weaponry is closed for good. SOW closed its doors indefinitely on Jan 30 after the investment group that owned the managing shares of the company showed up with a police escort about 2:30pm and told everyone to pack up their belongings and GTFO. I'm in the process of looking for another job, and while this isn't my responsibility anymore, I wanted to try and make everyone aware of the situation. I'd be happy to forward along the info for the 2 managing partners if you'd like to give them a call, but honestly I don't think they'll be much help :-/ Feel free to PM me here, I'll keep monitoring this account for the next coupla weeks to see if there's anything I can do for you all
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow I guess I dodged a bullet getting all my stuff in time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By hockeysew:

View All Quotes

Well everybody, I'm really sad to have to say this, but Shadow Ops Weaponry is closed for good. SOW closed its doors indefinitely on Jan 30 after the investment group that owned the managing shares of the company showed up with a police escort about 2:30pm and told everyone to pack up their belongings and GTFO. I'm in the process of looking for another job, and while this isn't my responsibility anymore, I wanted to try and make everyone aware of the situation. I'd be happy to forward along the info for the 2 managing partners if you'd like to give them a call, but honestly I don't think they'll be much help :-/ Feel free to PM me here, I'll keep monitoring this account for the next coupla weeks to see if there's anything I can do for you all

There's a surprise.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Well that blows.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BroncoVol74] [#42]
Well f*&k me If anyone has been successful in recovering funds from these douche bags could you please share how you went about it. I may be SOL b/c I paid with a debit card but I will fly to CO and cut off some fingers to get satisfaction if need be.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:17:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BroncoVol74] [#43]
Got this email from Sam Beach:

I'm no longer employed with the company, and as such have no ability to influence your refund. My sincerest apologies, I had every intention of guaranteeing the safe and timely delivery of your order. Unfortunately the managing investor, Jim Sylvester, arranged for a police escort of all the employees Friday January 30th. I barely even had time to gather my personal belongings as I was ushered out.

I suggest submitting a charge back request with your credit card company and/or initiating legal action.

-Sam Beach

I asked him for a contact for Jim Sylvester and got this as a reply.

I do, but I've been receiving threats from the company for giving that information out so I've been rather reticent of distributing it recently.  Another investor involved, and present during the escort, is Mark Remeikiz.

Anyone have a contact for this Jim Sylvester or Mark Remeikiz?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#44]
The reply to my email to James Silvester [email protected]:

"Dear Shadow Ops Customer:

We are primary investors in Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. and were forced to shut it down due to apparent improprieties in the conducting of its business.  We called in the ATF and the Colorado Attorney General's Office and the plant is under lock down and under investigation.  We anticipate IRS involvement and possibly the U.S. Trustee and a Chapter 7 filing is likely.  If a bankruptcy filing  occurs you will be afforded a file number whereupon you can file a claim with the U.S. Trustee for what you believe is due you.

Under no circumstances do we accept, nor are we obligated, to assume or pay any of Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. debts.

Jim Silvester"

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone heard anything lately?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#46]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaQv5h0Ok9M[/youtube]

I ordered in 2013 I hope my saga ends by June with my ATF Tax Stamp. Good luck and many prayers to those of you still in limbo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#47]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaQv5h0Ok9M[/youtube]

I ordered in 2013 I hope my saga ends by June with my ATF Tax Stamp. Good luck and many prayers to those of you still in limbo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Guess I am another person wondering what is happening ...  If anyone hears something please post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Just trying to keep the thread alive .... still hoping something positive comes out of this
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: njb242] [#50]
I'm $300 in the hole for two lowers I ordered when I didn't know any better. I think the new investors are filing for bankruptcy to dissolve their debts. The assets should be liquidated, but I have a feeling customers are far down the list of creditors and don't expect a positive outcome.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Shadow Ops Weaponry (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top