Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:59:03 AM EDT
Was on a wait list at a local gun shop to have first dibs on their next shipment of ARs if I wanted.  Turned out to be a shipment of Noveske Thunder Ranch ARs.  Didn't hesitate and picked one up.  Thing is . . . this model comes without a FA.  I've read some other posts about opinions regarding having one and not.  I know many (if not most) never have to use theirs while others feel the convenience is a nice to have (especially in certain circumstances of dealing with dirty ammo or lube issues . . . or even hunting scenarios).  MY question though is, if I wanted to get a FA installed on my Thunder Ranch at a later time, what are my options?  It looks like they use the same upper as their models with a FA but simply just cover the opening with a metal piece.  Not sure though.  Any suggestions, appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't stand the FA and wouldn't have one but if you must, buy the VLTOR module with the FA and pin it in place. It's all modular.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact Vltor for a FA.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice find....what a great upper....do as Combat Jack & Desert_AIP suggest and contact VLTOR for the FA if you feel you want/need one.

If you are doing "press checks" at the dinner table and don't want to get frog lube on your thumb and then have to excuse yourself to wash up again
or if you want to silently close the bolt so as not to compromise your position & your sweat has a very acidic PH and you don't want a corroding thumb
print on your LMT enchanced $500 Gucci bolt carrier.....get the FA

I used mine daily/nightly in RVN back in the day when the VC were mounted on dinosaurs and so it became a habit ....I would not want an upper without one.....is it needed?....naw probably not... but for me at least old habits are hard to break especially when there is no real need to do so....

IMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top