Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:28:58 PM EDT
What is some of the good trigger assemblies. I just bought and installed a Palmetto but I like to experiment with different suppliers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Im really happy with the RRA 2 stage that came with my RRA AR-15, honestly havent found anything  I like better. I have the standard DPMS single stage in my .308 but its horrid by comparison.
going to install the spikes nickle boron single stage in the .308 (couldnt find the RRA 2 stage at a reasonable price or available) I'll post my impression in a few days.

Id also be interested in trying the Timmney drop in's as well as the POF drop in but thee prices are out of my budget at this time.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
In my builds it's either what came with the parts kit. Gi trigger or Gressele  SSA. The Gressele is simple the best after market trigger on the market.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Geissele
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I tell u what... I have gone the aftermarket trigger assemblies in the past and spent big money. I finally decided to go a different route since I now have 3 M4 style rifles and 1  AR-10. I started sending the triggers to Bill Springfield in Colorado. He does a great job for a reasonable price. Check him out!! Google Bill Springfield and the should come up something  like Triggerworks.net. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geissele

Geissele it is.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Geissele

SSA-E or the DMR if  you want the best.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I tell u what... I have gone the aftermarket trigger assemblies in the past and spent big money. I finally decided to go a different route since I now have 3 M4 style rifles and 1  AR-10. I started sending the triggers to Bill Springfield in Colorado. He does a great job for a reasonable price. Check him out!! Google Bill Springfield and the should come up something  like Triggerworks.net. Good luck!

Once upon a time I was ready to do that, until I searched a bit and discovered the plethora of failure reports about Springfield modified triggers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I will be darned.. Have 4 rifles with triggers done by him and haven't had any problems. I do know some people have had issues.... Just speaking from my experience only.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Like MMcfpd I have seen numerous posts of Springfield trigger issues.
Unless Springfield is re-hardening the parts I would suspect service life is also compromised.
RRA triggers feel good, but again many reports of problems.
The last SSA that I bought was less than $200 delivered. Considering the SSA’s reputation for reliability and long service life I would argue the total cost of ownership of a SSA is not that much greater in the long run. YMMV

Spikes NiB FCG with some of Tubb’s CS springs sounds like it might be a good combination, but I am thinking the SSA should have a noticeably better trigger feel.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Yea .. I doubt if he is rehardening them. I get where you are coming from for I have had Timney and McCormick triggers in the past. There are numerous good triggers out there. Some very few problems, some a few problems, and some with lots of problems. All I was getting at was that I haven't had problems and I run my weapons often. I may have problems eventually though....

Link Posted: 3/20/2012 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I was not trying to poke any holes in your experience, after all even if he has a high failure rate probably the majority of his trigger jobs are GTG.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
There is no problem .. I respect what others have to say.,. That is how one learns things in this life
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is no problem .. I respect what others have to say.,. That is how one learns things in this life

Amen
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geissele

One of these 2 triggers is in every AR I own (except my dedicated slidefire lower).
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geissele

One of these 2 triggers is in every AR I own (except my dedicated slidefire lower).

My dedicated SlideFire lower's getting an S3G.

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geissele

Not the best for every application. I prefer the Super Dynamic Combat

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#17]
For the money I like Compas Lake's 2 stage
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 3:25:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Geissele
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Geissele is top of the line so I hear. I've never used one though I'm dying to buy a couple of the super three gun triggers to drop in my (current configuration) AR pistols. I wasn't really sure of the differences between all the different models they offer, but the spreadsheet above really helped out a lot.

This thread should now be about Geissele triggers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

From all the bad reports I have read, you will need it.
Go Geissele or go home.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got an SSA-E in both of my DD's, and it's an incredible trigger. For precision shooting, I doubt you can get better. And even for faster, rapid-fire shooting, it's very solid as well. There's so little pull weight that you just blow thru the first stage, and pop. I could see the SSA-E being a little light for a duty/combat trigger, but I don't know if you'll find a better all-around trigger for civilian use.

For how much I love the SSA-E, I am pondering going the route of the S3G for my next build tho...which will be a 300 Blackout SBR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geissele

I preffer the SSA for my combat rifles. Especially since the SSA isthe semi version of their miltary trigger
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#23]
We already dealt with this once... I told my side based on my experience but I respect others opinions also. I shoot almost 10 k rounds a year .. I haven' t had any problems yet but may. I am not some arm chair shooter.. So please respect what I have to say .. I respect what you have to say . Thank you
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
ya i spent months looking at triggers and reading what people have to say about them and two things came up the most geissele and ssa so i got one and i wont turn back its amazing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#25]
JPs complete fire control group.  Use their oversized antiwalk pins as well to remove play from the trigger and hammer..  Best single stage out there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top