Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2010 6:31:21 PM EDT
Does the PWS FSC556 thump your sinuses and make shooting unpleasant?

Link Posted: 11/10/2010 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my PWS FSC30 on my 6.8 rifles
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see any angles that would direct blast towards the shooter.  Hmmmm...
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 223 one on my AR pistol and it really helped with muzzle climb. I loved it. I did not notice any more noise but people around me sure did. They all thought it was 308.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one pinned on a 14.5" and don't find the report or back blast terrible, even in a confined in-door port.

But I'm from Jersey, where everything is noisier and more intrusive.  YMMV.

-WhyTanFox
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the very first model, an eval thing I was given at SHOT a few years back.

It is loud as shit for the people next to me.

It makes the earth shake in full auto. My left arm has no hair on it.

The thing functions as a flash enhancer/rifle loudener.

But it really does what it's supposed to do, front sight barely moves. when shooting.

Oh, I've shot it from a 10.5" barrel indoor. The building shook, RO came over to see who was shooting .50 BMG at his range.

Just about blew the safety glasses and earmuff off the head of the guy next to me.

Link Posted: 11/11/2010 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one mounted on a 6.8 build after hearing all the raves about it on the gun boards.  I took it to the covered range at my gun club it was downright painful to shoot even with electronic earmuffs on.  Went home took it off and traded it for a Vortex.  Don't miss it a bit.  They may be okay for shooting out in the open but under cover - no thanks!
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 5:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got the very first model, an eval thing I was given at SHOT a few years back.

But it really does what it's supposed to do, front sight barely moves. when shooting.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o49/ypke02/IMG_3488.jpg

Oh, I've shot it from a 10.5" barrel indoor. The building shook, RO came over to see who was shooting .50 BMG at his range.
Just about blew the safety glasses and earmuff off the head of the guy next to me.

how many rds have you put through that? looks like some suppressors "burns" lol
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that many, I'd say around 2K, but mostly all through 10.5" and 11.5" barrels.

Link Posted: 11/11/2010 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#9]
i have them on all my rifles but 2, i love them and feel they do what they are advertised to do. i use mine as a "anti-Fudd device" at the range . i does punish those around you, but what the hell . for the guy that posted above about using the FSC556 on a 10.5 barrel, spot on with the comments, mine is the same way
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#10]
The blast is very noticeable to the shooter, but I have gotten used to it.  Indoors is definitely worse, especially for those next to you.

Still, I am tempted to put on one my M44 for the obnoxiousness.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The blast is very noticeable to the shooter, but I have gotten used to it.  Indoors is definitely worse, especially for those next to you.

Still, I am tempted to put on one my M44 for the obnoxiousness.

that would rock
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you notice any decrease in recoil reduction due to all that erosion?
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 16" mid with a vortex and a 14.5" mid with a fsc556. I can't tell the difference between them while shooting...other than the weapon with the fsc556 is more controllable.

No complaints at the benches from shooters next to me either.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I love it when this question gets asked!  Bottom line, for me anyway, this is a muzzle control device, and a damn fine one!  It was designed to reduce the climb of the muzzle in multiple shots are in order, and I feel it does this perfectly.  It is loud, obnoxious, and I usually have a headache afterwards, but its a good headache, cause I just got to shoot my gun!  The range I frequent always asks me to go way down the line to shoot and I'm fine with that.  The pounding of the sinuses I get every time the trigger is pulled lets me know I'm still alive.

Its a compensator; not a sliencer, not a flash supressor, not an A2 birdcage, not a ___________ (fill-in-the-blank).  There are a ton of other muzzle devices anyone can get; all with a specific use.  I have yet to find one that does its job better than the comp. in question.  Like I said, its loud, its obnoxious, it hurts, but IT WORKS, and I love it!

I mean no dis-respect; this thing definately has its lovers and haters, just trying to give my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that many, I'd say around 2K, but mostly all through 10.5" and 11.5" barrels.

All that erosion from just 2k? Wow I really didn't expect that. Is 10.5 bll that rough on other brakes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one on pinned on a 14.5 barrel, It does not borther me while shooting at all. I shoot with pelators or surefire earplugs in...people at the range ask what i am shooting alot of times but the noise or the concussion I never have noticed it. My rifle does not move at all when i shoot it...it stays completely flat...I am a big fan of it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had one mounted on a 6.8 build after hearing all the raves about it on the gun boards.  I took it to the covered range at my gun club it was downright painful to shoot even with electronic earmuffs on.  Went home took it off and traded it for a Vortex.  Don't miss it a bit.  They may be okay for shooting out in the open but under cover - no thanks!

Exact same experences shooting under covered range with 5.56

Link Posted: 11/12/2010 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the info everybody
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Not at all, I actually like shooting my LMT 14.5+FSC556 more than any of my other rifles.
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]
just received my second one today in the mail.
put on my new middy, cant wait to shoot it.
it works.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I ordered a FSC556 for my new middy just to see what all the hype is about. It's had so many great reviews I had to try one out.

Honestly, I find the Rainier XTC break superior in almost all aspects of felt recoil, muzzle blast (especially when standing next to the shooter) and muzzle rise.

I can see the FSC going to the EE here soon and another XTC being ordered. Don't get me worng, it's an effective brake with good flash suppression I just think there are some better options out there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I love mine... It does exactly what is advertised..

Those unlucky enough to be shooting beside me absolutely HATE it....
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a PWS FSC 30 on my 6.8 and while it does a nice job it does thump the sinuses pretty bad.  My 6.8 is a 16" barrel and compared to a Romanian PSL in 7.62x54R with compensator my 6.8 is louder.  Everyone I shot with last weekend agreed on that.

I know it isn't a direct comparison to the FSC 556 but it's the best I got.  Compensators are very loud in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I just attended a carbine class with mine. The shooters on either side of me were also using them. Wasn't too bad at all. This is NY so almost everyone has a brake of some sort and the FSC is not the worst you will find.

It also keeps the barrel (pencil profile in my case) down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top