Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2008 1:07:25 PM EDT
My RRA 2 stage is well broken in, about 1k rounds, Geissele was installed yesterday.  It is the non-adjustable version.

the RRA has a heavier second stage, by at least 2 lbs–– quite substantial.

the Geissele is lighter, but has a bit of creep.

Will the Geissele clean up as it is broken in?  I did not lube it; would that make a difference?  I would have hoped for a cleaner break.

thanks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont have the non adjustabe version but lubing as per intructions changed my trigger dramatically.  If it says to lube it you should lube it but the creep issue sounds kinda scary.  Throught the SSA might be a way to get DMR trigger without the over travel reduction for less money.  Sounds like I might have to rethink that one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Will the Geissele clean up as it is broken in?  I did not lube it; would that make a difference?  I would have hoped for a cleaner break.
thanks!

The Geissele SSA  IS NOT a match trigger with a clean break. Its a 2 stage combat trigger. Its meant to be an improvement over the standard 7lb singel stage trigger with the same duarability.  And no it should Not break in.

Your RRA trigger has so little creep, and heavy of a break because you are about to loose your second stage - you dont have engough sear engagement. When you pull it back through the first stage, does it "stick"? If not, it will soon.

If you are unhappy with your SSA, I'll gladly refund your costs if you want to send it back.

How much you want for that used trigger?
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks!

The Geissele SSA  IS NOT a match trigger with a clean break. Its a 2 stage combat trigger. Its meant to be an improvement over the standard 7lb singel stage trigger with the same duarability.  And no it should Not break in.

Your RRA trigger has so little creep, and heavy of a break because you are about to loose your second stage - you dont have engough sear engagement. When you pull it back through the first stage, does it "stick"? If not, it will soon.

If you are unhappy with your SSA, I'll gladly refund your costs if you want to send it back.

Yep, the RRA trigger is sub-par compared to the SSA.  We (couple of guys from Trijicon) worked with Bill a little with the initial SSA triggers.  The initial run of SSA triggers had little to no creep.  He redesigned the trigger and the result was a little more creep (and I cannot remember why, I think it was because of durability).  The SSA is a perfect combat trigger, when used for the intended purpose the creep is not an issue.  I have a Match, (2) DMR's, (2) SSA's and a SSF.  The SSA's are my favorite carbine triggers....
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I guess I asked the right questions!  And in the right place.  Thanks.  No need to jump on me–– or maybe that's just the way your posts came across in written form.

I am willing to accept that the non-adjust geissele is an excellent 2stage combat trigger; I don't have enough rounds with my RRA to reach the failure point I've heard so much about.

I was sharing the first impression of someone getting acquainted with a different sensation.  I'll run both for awhile; getting a second Geissele seems to be a serious wait in any case.

Most of my high end trigger time is with a custom 1911; I'd love to have that clean break in a combat AR trigger, but I realize that might not be possible.
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Strange, I dont notice any creep with my SSA. It feels similar to my DMR just with a heavier 2nd stage. Also I greased up the engagement surfaces with the stuff that came with my DMR.

The instructions clearly say the trigger should be lubed during the break in process. That must be why your trigger doesnt feel right. Mine feels perfect.
Link Posted: 11/28/2008 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm new here, & new to this whole AR thing so forgive me if I'm being too crass, or maybe I missed something posted in another thread about this...
It sucks that you're pressuring Bill to water down his SSA product.  I understand that there are business realities to deal with but having stated that the SSA is a combat trigger & the DMR is a match trigger already sets them into completely different markets.  So, what you're really asking him to do is to sacrifice quality for quantity.  People wanting the best quality combat trigger aren't going to go to the DMR because it's not a combat trigger, and if they wanted to sacrifice quality for faster shipping they'd buy a RRA trigger.   I'm a little disgusted by the walmart mentality honestly.  I hope you were honest & upfront with the customers who placed orders expecting the product in it's original form.  Shipping them this redesigned product is bait-&-switch at the expense of the Geissele reputation.
With that said... You mentioned the design change for additional sear engagement.  Is this something a competent gunsmith can modify / hone back into the original form of the SSA product?

Link Posted: 11/29/2008 2:37:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm new here, & new to this whole AR thing so forgive me if I'm being too crass...

It sucks that you're pressuring Bill to water down his SSA product.  I understand that there are business realities to deal with but having stated that the SSA is a combat trigger & the DMR is a match trigger already sets them into completely different markets.  So, what you're really asking him to do is to sacrifice quality for quantity.  People wanting the best quality combat trigger aren't going to go to the DMR because it's not a combat trigger.  I'm a little disgusted by the walmart mentality honestly.  I hope you were honest & upfront with the customers who placed orders expecting the product in it's original form.  Shipping them this redesigned product is bait-&-switch at the expense of the Geissele reputation.

With that said... You mentioned the design change for additional sear engagement.  Is this something a competent gunsmith can modify / hone back into the original form of the SSA product?  

What they are saying is that one is a budget minded model, and the other is top of the line. You can either have really expensive and really good; or something cheaper but still best in it's class (second tier combat triggers). You get what you pay for...

Link Posted: 11/29/2008 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
That's not the way I read what they're saying.  One is a "Combat" trigger, and one is a "Match" trigger.  I think there are better solutions then sacrificing the quality that has made the name what it is.  How about hiring some help to increase production?  How about increasing the price?  Maybe he needs to offer a *premium* combat trigger & a "budget" combat trigger.

Any way you slice it, a lot of people were placing orders while all the rave was about the original design.  If people start posting discontentment with the modified version that's bait & switch and it's illegal.  It's dishonest.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

There was no "design" change in the SSA - the sear engagement was increased by 4 thousandths,
Well, you say tomayto, I say tomahto.  I've said my piece & I'll leave it at that.

I would like to get an answer to my question though...

Can the SSA be honed back to the original specs?  Or will this remove case hardening in a bad area?  Is the SSA case hardened?

Link Posted: 11/29/2008 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Reading my mind again, Steve?
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's not the way I read what they're saying.  One is a "Combat" trigger, and one is a "Match" trigger.  I think there are better solutions then sacrificing the quality that has made the name what it is.  How about hiring some help to increase production?  How about increasing the price?  Maybe he needs to offer a *premium* combat trigger & a "budget" combat trigger.

Any way you slice it, a lot of people were placing orders while all the rave was about the original design.  If people start posting discontentment with the modified version that's bait & switch and it's illegal.  It's dishonest.

Bait and switch?? You need to STFU and get a clue before you start making comments about Bill and his triggers...

The "original" design as you call it was never released IIRC, no one was making the decision to buy based on that design.  I made the comment that BigBore and myself saw a couple different pre-production versions.  I guess you have never brought a product to market, the original design rarely makes it out the door.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  Do some research before you spout off bullshit about Geissele.

I can tell you this, the SSA is outstanding and is better than any other 2 stage on the market (other than the HiSpeed).

ETA - first three posts are bashing Geissele, huh.  You either work for KAC or have a personal grudge against him.  That was real hard to determine....
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm new here, & new to this whole AR thing so forgive me if I'm being too crass, or maybe I missed something posted in another thread about this...

It sucks that you're pressuring Bill to water down his SSA product.  I understand that there are business realities to deal with but having stated that the SSA is a combat trigger & the DMR is a match trigger already sets them into completely different markets.  So, what you're really asking him to do is to sacrifice quality for quantity.  People wanting the best quality combat trigger aren't going to go to the DMR because it's not a combat trigger, and if they wanted to sacrifice quality for faster shipping they'd buy a RRA trigger.   I'm a little disgusted by the walmart mentality honestly.  I hope you were honest & upfront with the customers who placed orders expecting the product in it's original form.  Shipping them this redesigned product is bait-&-switch at the expense of the Geissele reputation.

Perhaps you should have done some research before you accused a well respected member of this forum of doing the "bait & switch" and whatever other bullshit you are claiming.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I think you all need to pipe it down.  Admitedly, I don't know much about any of this at all.  I read the sticky on the various trigers that are out there.  Then I ran a search for the Geissele & read every thread that came up.  When I got to this one I called it out like I saw it.  I get the impression that this Bill guy knows his shit & can make the best there is.  I also get the impression that he's not much of a business man.  People like that need a good manager to keep them focused & this Adco guy is trying to do that.  But I've been around other boards long enough to see a few well respected merchants pull some shitty stuff.  I'm not saying that's what's happening here, I'm just saying I don't like what I'm reading in this thread.  Now, this Adco guy could make a good informative post explaining exactly what the change has been, maybe with a pic.  Or he could make snide comments & let a bunch of jackasses pile on.  But just 'cause you guys are drunk on the koolaid doesn't change the fact that a spade is still a spade.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think you all need to pipe it down.  Admitedly, I don't know much about any of this at all.  I read the sticky on the various trigers that are out there.  Then I ran a search for the Geissele & read every thread that came up.  When I got to this one I called it out like I saw it.  I get the impression that this Bill guy knows his shit & can make the best there is.  I also get the impression that he's not much of a business man.  People like that need a good manager to keep them focused & this Adco guy is trying to do that.  But I've been around other boards long enough to see a few well respected merchants pull some shitty stuff.  I'm not saying that's what's happening here, I'm just saying I don't like what I'm reading in this thread.  Now, this Adco guy could make a good informative post explaining exactly what the change has been, maybe with a pic.  Or he could make snide comments & let a bunch of jackasses pile on.  But just 'cause you guys are drunk on the koolaid doesn't change the fact that a spade is still a spade.

Again, you know nothing of what you speak.  Your comments are ignorant.  Go troll somewhere else, maybe those other sites you mentioned..

I would ask you to ease up on your bashing of Geissele since you have no basis and you are bordering on slander.

Quoted:
You're just not worth it...

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#20]
You're just not worth it...

Link Posted: 11/29/2008 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Warning to Oreo. Thread locked for obvious reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top