Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:42:30 AM EDT
I purchased a M5 RAS with no installation instructions. There is a piece that came with it but I have no idea where or how it installs. Its a half "u" shaped metal flange that looks like it would fit on the lower rail somehow. It has a barrel channel and two small springs protruding from the flat.  I looked in my RAS installation instructions for my carbine length and it doesnt show this piece but its dated 99. The RAS is a 2005 production. Is this an improvement or something. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
JB
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
www.quarterbore.com/kac/kacrisras.html

Try here, about 3/4 of the way down the page there's a link to the M5 manual
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello and thanks for the link. I tried that page already and its the same manual I already have. It doesnt show the "mystery" part.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Try this:

MN
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know the purpose of this thing?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
anti-roll device?  Or something that strengthens the front handguard cap?  My RAS M5 doesn't have one
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
anti-roll device?  Or something that strengthens the front handguard cap?  My RAS M5 doesn't have one

And does it work with the M4 RAS?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
M4 RAS has 2 stainless pins against original barrel nut which act as anti roll devices. Pictured device works only with triangular hand guard cap and Gov´t Profile barrels.

MN
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an M5 RAS here in Iraq and I think that part is when you swap out the bottom rail with an M203.  You must've got that part through mil channels as I remember KAC saying it is available only to mil customers?  I have an M16A4 with no M203 and tried installing that thing and someone told me it is for use with the M203. I guess you have an M203 !!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Try this:
personal.inet.fi/koti/300whisper/html/m16a4/kac_m5_ras_front.jpg

MN

Great picture, Thank You!
This part is the "Barrel Stop."  It is part of the Military Pack of the M5 RAS and is necessay for the M203's QD Mount to secure the Grenade Launcher to the rifle barrle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have an M5 RAS here in Iraq and I think that part is when you swap out the bottom rail with an M203.  You must've got that part through mil channels as I remember KAC saying it is available only to mil customers?  I have an M16A4 with no M203 and tried installing that thing and someone told me it is for use with the M203. I guess you have an M203 !!!

No, not quite yet...

Originally Posted By coldblue

Great picture, Thank You!
This part is the "Barrel Stop." It is part of the Military Pack of the M5 RAS and is necessay for the M203's QD Mount to secure the Grenade Launcher to the rifle barrle.

No, Thank You Sir, for the great product.

MN
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Any ideas on how to get rid of the horrible "wobble" in the lower handguard?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Get the SAS lower handguard.
ETA:  nevermind, I don't think they have one for the M5, just the M4.  Coldblue will be along to set it straight soon I'm sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top