Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2005 2:12:19 PM EDT
Anyone have an Oly Ar that uses the glock 9mm mags?  If so, what do you think of them.  Do they function well or have any issues?

TIA
Link Posted: 11/6/2005 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
go to the pistol & rimfire caliber forum
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I did and found a few threads.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an OLY Glock 9mm.  I use the "factory" Glock 30 rounders.  No problems what so ever.  I only load 28.  I have 2000 rounds through it now.  I use +P+ federal.  Very hot round.  It works for me.  You might have read my thread already.  If not, its a good rifle.  As with any rifle from any company you might hear other people complain about their 1 in a hundred lemon they got.  So dont let all the hype deter you from going with OLY or RRA or whoever.  I have a flat top with 5.5 supp.. I have an Eotech with LMT A2 rear sight.  Switched the grip out and I got an "ezsling" from ezsling.com.  No rails, i like it simple.  I'm gonna get a light package soon but still researching.  The only thing that sucks is the stock.  Pure junk, it will work better with a butt pad but I'm gonna switch it out for something else more durable in the future.  I never had a 9mm rifle and was impressed at the acuracy at 100 yards in the standing and kneeling positions.  If you have any other specific Q's let me know.  Mags are cheap and plenty of them; if you own a 9mm glock even better. OLY has lifetime warranty but the customer service is a little rough.  If you have a problem they will fix it but patients is a must I hear.  I personally think they are overwhelmed with orders and have vendor delays frequently for parts,  so I would check your local shops,www, or gun shows so your not waiting and pulling your hair out.  I hear Atlantic Arms has a good deal.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your input wolfpak.  One of the reasons I was looking into the oly 9mm was because it used the glock mags.  I do have a glock pistol so I would be able to use my mags and not have to buy more of a differnt type.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a new Oly 9mm Glock model at the local gun shop. The mag catch was not adjusted properly as you could insert and pull out the glock mags without pushing on the mag button.  I would not buy one unless you are personally able to inspect it.

Link Posted: 11/8/2005 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I had problems with OA and their customer service about 10-years ago and I have not bought a product from them sence...  BUT ... this is a product that I would love to have especially if it would work right...

I wish Glock would make a carbine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top