User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2005 3:02:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
"I", huh.  Why "I"?
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I got both the LMT semi and M16 BCG last month, do you know if they did it to the semi bolt also?

Is there a way of looking at the O-ring without taking apart the extractor?
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I just checked mine, no joy. My M16 nickle plated bolt don't have the O-ring, just the regular coil spring. Same with my semi bolt that is F marked.

Where could we buy these O-rings, will they be available soon or could it be purchased directly from LMT?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just checked mine, no joy. My M16 nickle plated bolt don't have the O-ring, just the regular coil spring. Same with my semi bolt that is F marked.

Where could we buy these O-rings, will they be available soon or could it be purchased directly from LMT?

Thanks.

adco offers them on his site for $1
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

adco offers them on his site for $1

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Taking the extractor apart is VERY easy.

C4

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
This is going to drive a few guys crazy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
If all the new bolts coming out of LMT are MP marked, the question becomes are they MP testing each and every bolt or sample testing a few then marking the whole batch?
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
WHEN I WENT TO ADD AN O-RING TO A NEW LMT F/A BCG THIS WEEK, I NOTICED THE SAME.

THE  CORRECT O-RINGS COST $.06 EACH BY THE THOUSAND.

OF COURSE, YOU HAVE TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE, MATERIAL, AND DUROMETER HARDNESS.

A BAGGIE OF THEM MAKES A NICE ADDITION TO A KIT HEADED OVERSEAS. IT'S NOT THAT THEY WEAR OUT... YOUR MATES WITHOUT SUCH WILL BE VERY APPRECIATIVE.

MY NEW AR-10 CAME WITH THE SAME O-RING INSTALLED, BUT I UNDERSTAND ARMALITE HAS BEEN MAKING THESE SIX CENT RELIABILITY UPGRADES FOR SOME TIME.

THEY MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN A 10.5" UPPER WITH A STOCK EXTRACTOR SPRING.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

New AR10, huh Wes?  How about some pics?  I'm betting it will be fully kitted up with a LaRue fore-end.   Wes, your pics make me want to spend money
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"I", huh.  Why "I"?

I am assuming it is an "I" and I don't know  what it stands for.

"I" most likely stands for "Inspected" / "Inspection" etc. As in "Magnetic Particle Inspected" - the whole point of the magnetic particle process is, after all, to inspect for certain flaws in the part not visible to the naked eye in a non-destructive manner.

LMT may have chosen to use MPI (vice C, MP, F, etc) to differentiate their bolts from other manufacturers such as Colt, FN, etc that also mark their parts after mag. particle inspection.

Just a hunch...

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
"I", huh.  Why "I"?

I am assuming it is an "I" and I don't know  what it stands for.

"I" most likely stands for "Inspected" / "Inspection" etc. As in "Magnetic Particle Inspected" - the whole point of the magnetic particle process is, after all, to inspect for certain flaws in the part not visible to the naked eye in a non-destructive manner.

LMT may have chosen to use MPI (vice C, MP, F, etc) to differentiate their bolts from other manufacturers such as Colt, FN, etc that also mark their parts after mag. particle inspection.

Just a hunch...

Hope this helps,
Clint

My thoughts exactally.  When we sign off the Maintenance Action Form (MAF) for Naval aviation maintenance, we always state that the Magnetic Particle Inspection was performed, such as "MPI performed, no defects noted".

Tom  
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I just got a semi LMT b&bc assy.  Mine is not marked other than an "F" stamped into the bolt.  No "O" ring!  Purchased from a vendor on the EE.

I'd like to find a bulk source for the correct "O" ring.  I don't feel comfortable putting the Lowe's/Home Depot ten in a bag "O" rings in duty weapons!
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd like to find a bulk source for the correct "O" ring.  I don't feel comfortable putting the Lowe's/Home Depot ten in a bag "O" rings in duty weapons!

ADCO has the real deal for $1 each.

www.adcofirearms.com

I did not feel comfortable using the Home Depot versions either.
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ADCO has the real deal for $1 each.

www.adcofirearms.com

I did not feel comfortable using the Home Depot versions either.

I think you'll find the "plainness" of this o-ring would probably be surprising.  I'd bet it's a bit more than Home Depot/Lowes quality, but it likely nothing more than a mil-spec o-ring meant to be used in some hydraulic component.
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top