Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
To Mongo001,  what is that gold stuff between the Troy rail and the upper and what type of siver bolt carrier is in the picture? and you must have the older Troy MRF-C my New MRF-C has the a screw on the bottom next to the detent plug.
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Apparently Troy has changed their design.  My MRF-C doesn't display any of the problems descibed.

I don't think the upper rail design has changed.  Mine is brand new, the version with the set screw on the bottom, and I still have the "drop-off."  What kind of upper receiver are you using?
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Apparently Troy has changed their design.  My MRF-C doesn't display any of the problems descibed. Sorry for the picture quality.  The closest thing I had to a straightedge was a piece of wood.

memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/724000-724999/724921_11_full.jpg
memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/724000-724999/724921_12_full.jpg

My bottom panel is held on by a detent as well as a screw.

memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/724000-724999/724921_13_full.jpg

This was just purchased Sunday from Grant at G and R.  I want with it because I didn't want to pull my FSB.

Ah, the MRF mod-3!!

I just heard about it today, Troy is shipping me out the pieces to upgrade my mod-1 (I'll post a comparison), and now I've seen the pics.

It's been a good day.

Corey

PS  Mod-3 upgrade kits won't be commercially available until probably sometime around 1/1/05.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Mongo,
11.5" barrel in MI?  How do you rate?
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on the new MRF-C's.  Get mine last week. On a RRA upper it matches/mates perfectly and can span the connection with a flat top adaptor (like a SWAN Sleeve).
There is no gap at all and it is in line prefectly with the upper.
Also, mine has the set screw by the detent/retention peg
Here is a pic, will try to get a better close-up pic.

Link Posted: 11/11/2004 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mongo,
11.5" barrel in MI?  How do you rate?

Permanently attached 5.5" FH makes it 100% legal - overall length is 16"+.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Apparently Troy has changed their design.  My MRF-C doesn't display any of the problems descibed. Sorry for the picture quality.  The closest thing I had to a straightedge was a piece of wood.

memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/724000-724999/724921_11_full.jpg
memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/724000-724999/724921_12_full.jpg

My bottom panel is held on by a detent as well as a screw.

memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/724000-724999/724921_13_full.jpg

This was just purchased Sunday from Grant at G and R.  I want with it because I didn't want to pull my FSB.

Ah, the MRF mod-3!!

I just heard about it today, Troy is shipping me out the pieces to upgrade my mod-1 (I'll post a comparison), and now I've seen the pics.

It's been a good day.

Corey

PS  Mod-3 upgrade kits won't be commercially available until probably sometime around 1/1/05.

I am awaiting to hear about the modifications to the 3rd version.  Sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The saga continues...  Guess I'll wait a bit more for the MRF-C of my dreams
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Apparently Troy has changed their design. My MRF-C doesn't display any of the problems descibed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think the upper rail design has changed. Mine is brand new, the version with the set screw on the bottom, and I still have the "drop-off." What kind of upper receiver are you using?

LMT Upper
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Apparently Troy has changed their design.  My MRF-C doesn't display any of the problems descibed.

I don't think the upper rail design has changed.  Mine is brand new, the version with the set screw on the bottom, and I still have the "drop-off."  What kind of upper receiver are you using?

I don’t know about High-Ground but my upper is a mystery.  It’s mounted on a rifle I affectionately call “The Mutt” so that gives you an idea of it’s pedigree!  She’s a little bit of this and a little bit of that so I’m not surprised that my upper is out of spec.  No worries though, I was using a LaRue EoTech riser so it really didn’t matter if the rails lined up.

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The saga continues...  Guess I'll wait a bit more for the MRF-C of my dreams

Get one of the mod-3's and don't worry.

YMMV.

Corey

PS  Yes, I'm that confident that the mod-3 solves the stubborn detent problem.  I hope I don't have to be the first to report that I was wrong.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Roger that.  After another upper build I can get around to finishing out the carbine, hopefully there won't be a MOD 4 by then...  I still like the MRF concept anyway, but it's going to be PRI for the SPRish one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE

I replaced my Bushmaster upper receiver with a RRA upper receiver. I was hoping the RRA would be gloss black to match my early PWA lower, but alas it is still matte very-dark-grey.

But I no longer have the rail offset I posted a picture of on Pg 2!

Here is the MRF-M on a RRA upper and BM 14.5" M4 + perm Phantom. Just waiting for my OD Green MIAD to complete it.

On this last photo I had to crop out my hand which was in the picture. "Please don't fall over... PLEASE don't fall over!"
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice setup.

My old, gloss PWA is hard to match also, but I've never been concerned about it.  If you can get your hands on a newer PWA lower, they are a perfect match to most upper receivers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I want one because I heard just having thatTroy MRF-C on your rifle improvesyour shooting by at least 0.5 MOA at any distance.

This may be a stupid question but how does a fore arm improve your shooting?

Just think of shooting with your hand attached at your elbo.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top