Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/1/2003 10:24:07 PM EDT
I sent out a mail order for a New style Waffle colt M4 stock sliding assembly for I think $106.-- including shipping as figured on your site prior to the order.

Since that day approximately 3-4 weeks ago I have:

Called the company several times and left messages with their order info person three times.

E-mailed once.

What is going on with the order? NO one has contacted me either way.

My first impression on calling is negative as no-one answers the phone- instead the automated BS takes over.  Then if I dial the EXT of order info/status I get an answering machine of a person that doesn't return calls.

The product is Colt (but does the customer service have to be Colt's also?)
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, don’t know what the deal is.

I’ve done business with SAW on several different occasions and have never had a problem.

They’re good people and great to deal with.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I've dealt w/ them, and my order took about 3-4 wks.  I didn't "need" what I ordered so ni biggie, I was annoyed, nothing more.  I called they got it out the day before, and it was 100% w/ high quality, hang in there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
They are a good company. I have had trouble in the past placing orders too. I too have left voice messages after wading thru the phone program and no call back. I have never been able to complete an order online using thier site. I have had the best luck faxing in an order. They do take at least two weeks to process an order.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
If they take so long to fill orders, and everyone seems to have the same story about shakey customer service, what makes them a good store, simply getting what you paid money for?

IMHO, that doesn't make them a good store to deal with.  It makes them barely escape a BBB filing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered 3 times in the last month.
My results:
1st time quick service 4 days arrival no problems.
2nd: Called to get tracking number, and was told by, Tina that orders were 1 week behind, and she then had my order shipped that night, it arrived in 2 days!
3rd: Right on schedule no prob.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish I had your luck if I ever got to actually talk to Tina my problem would probably be solved.  I have had no luck contacting her during normal business hours.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Umm..
I sorry you are having such trouble!
Tina is very nice, and would not try to avoid you.
I have noticed that due to the time change, that she answers e-mails later at night. For me since I am in FL.

Good Luck!
I would order again from them. I like new factory Colt! Hard to find a dealer, online, that has all the genuine Colt goodies.

Yes. I am one of the Colt loyalists. [banana]

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the same problem, ordered a colt M-4 extractor spring and insert, they said it shipped never got it they sent it again and I never got it so they quit trying, soounded fishy to me, I wont go back
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Crap. I was gonna order some extrator springs, black inserts, and EP mag springs from them. I guess I'll just stick with Wolff springs from Brownells.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
If they sent there stuff through a good package handler they would know whether or not the part arrived.  

And if it didn't it wouldn't be a loss as insurance would pay.

Did they refund the money?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
yes I got my money back but still no parts, they were the only one that I could find that carries them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, Maybe it is UPS.
The two guys (UPS) that deliver all my gun parts and ammo are into guns big time!

One of them is a past preident of the gun club here in town.

So they love to deliver to me, and talk about what we have.

So blame your driver, not Sawlesales...maybe?

Food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#13]
If it were me that didn't get my stuff, I'd be on the phone with the seller explaining their responsiblity to get me the items I paid for.  Your recourse is to claim it against the UPS insurance which is $100 unless you specify more, claim it against your credit card (they will refund your money if you don't recieve the product, and then take it up with the seller), and file a claim with the BBB.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crap. I was gonna order some extrator springs, black inserts, and EP mag springs from them. I guess I'll just stick with Wolff springs from Brownells.
View Quote

The black insert isn't any different than the blue insert (other than color).  It's black to identify that the SPRING that goes with it is stronger.  
View Quote

Correct. But when you have a couple dozen uppers, and are not swapping out all the springs at once, having two different colors is a good way to know which uppers have been upgraded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the first step is getting a tracking number or even getting word that the item has shipped or a real word with anyone who works there period.  I will call for the fifth time tomorrow and see what happens.

Maybe I'll call the order line if that doesn't work.

I always thought if the package didn't arrive that it would be on the shipper to rectify the situation. Not on me to get the insurance myself.            
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#17]
UPS and Fedex require the shipper to make the insurance claim.  The reciever cannot make a claim.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Called twice today and got through the second time!!

Tina told me odddly enought the order had shipped on the 28th and the order was anotated recieved on the 29th.  

At any rate she says that they should be here by Friday.

[b]I guess this means that SAW is OK they just take the old-fashioned 3-6weeks rather than 2weeks like most everyone else[/b]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#19]
OKAY GUYS, THIS IS KEN ELMORE--THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY IN QUESTION.  LET'S GET A COUPLE THINGS STRAIGHT RIGHT HERE.  (1)THE GENTLEMAN (Green0)WHO STARTED THIS THREAD MAILED IN HIS ORDER & PAYMENT VIA US MAIL WITH NO CONTACT INFO. (2)THE MAIL TOOK SEVERAL WEEKS TO DELIVER THIS PIECE OF MAIL TO US--GO FIGURE.  (3)Green0 CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO CHECK THE STATUS OF HIS NOT-YET-RECD ORDER AND LEFT NO CALL BACK #.  (4) HIS ORDER ACTUALLY WENT OUT WITHIN ONE DAY OF US RECEIVING IT.  (5) ALL ORDERS LEAVING SPECIALIZED ARMAMENT HAVE A UPS TRACKING # THAT GETS E-MAILED TO THE CUSTOMER (IF E-MAIL INFO IS PROVIDED).  (6)IF ANYONE MAILS IN AN ORDER--THE CLOCK DOES NOT START WHEN THE LETTER GOES INTO YOUR MAILBOX:  IT STARTS WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR ORDER--WE'RE NOT MINDREADERS AND THE US MAIL SUFFERS FROM CONSTANT RELIABILITY ISSUES.  (7)techbrute--WE HAVE SOME OF THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND WE DO NOT CHARGE YOU UNTIL PRODUCT LEAVES OUR SHOP.  (8) k9dpd--YOUR WHOLE STORY IS CRAP!  THERE IS NO "THEY" AT OUR COMPANY, OUR MINIMUM ORDER IS $50, YOU COULD NOT HAVE ORDERED THE SPRING & INSERT, AND WE NEVER HAD YOUR MONEY TO GIVE BACK-FO!  (9) TROY--YOU BETTER RESEARCH YOUR COLT PARTS BETTER.  THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BLACK AND A BLUE EXTRACTOR SPRING INSERT--THE BLACK IS MUCH STIFFER AND IS USED IN THE COLT M4 SERIES CARBINES.  (10) BASED ON THE HUGE AMOUNT OF INCORRECT & DECEITFUL INFO THAT I SEE ALL OVER THIS BOARD IN GENERAL, I WOULD NOT RELY TOO HEAVILY ON THIS RESOURCE.

ABOUT OUR COMPANY--SPECIALIZED ARMAMENT IS MAINLY SET-UP TO DO LE & US GOVT SALES (OVER 90% OF OUR BUSINESS).  WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE WEAPONS AND SPECIAL NEEDS OF OUR LARGER CUSTOMERS--WE DO AT TIMES GET A WEEK OR SO BEHIND IN SHIPPING TO INDIVIDUALS (NOT VERY OFTEN)--SORRY THAT'S HOW IT GOES.  I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND REAL COLT AND MILITARY GEAR, SO WE WILL CONTINUE TO ALLOW INDIVIDUALS TO BUY FROM US ON A LIMITED BASIS.  WE HAVE THE LARGEST INVENTORY OF AUTHENTIC COLT AR-15/M16 PARTS AND COLT SPECIAL PRODUCTS IN THE U.S.--ACTUALLY LARGER THAN ALL THE OTHER COLT DISTRIBUTORS/DEALERS COMBINED!  WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO FILL YOUR ORDERS--AND IF THIS WILL NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH, OR YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROPENSITY TO WHINE, PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

AOL PEOPLE HAVING TROUBLE USING OUR ON-LINE ORDERING--THE PROBLEM IS AT AOL, NOT WITH OUR SYSTEM.  THE ONLY 2 PROBLEMS THAT WE ENCOUNTER WITH THE ON-LINE ORDERING IS PEOPLE TRYING TO ORDER BELOW THE $50 MINIMUM OR AOL BLOCKING THE TRANSACTION.

TO OUR MANY HAPPY CUSTOMERS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

ENJOY YOUR COLT FIREARMS.
BE SAFE.
HAVE FUN.

KEEP YOUR GROUP TIGHT,
KEN ELMORE
INSTRUCTOR, COLT DEFENSE
OWNER, SPECIALIZED ARMAMENT
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Ken, my story is not crap I have better things to do then make up stories.  I talked to Tina about this, no you never had my money because i placed the order with a credit card and you never charged it, this was several years ago so I doubt you would remember.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Ken, are you open to the public? For example, can I walk into the shop to order parts if you have them in stock?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]
As an "Individual" who ordered lately at only $76 dollars total order (small parts), I must say Tina/Ken delivered very quickly (4 working days from order to delivery). I'll use them  for all future Colt purchases from now on.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I have purchased from SAW and Tina has always been prompt and courteous with correspondence.

SAW has [b]the[/b] best listing of Colt products anywhere... unless there's someplace I don't know about.

As for the black insert, it is much stiffer than the blue part.  Try getting the extractor back on the bolt with the black insert AND a Wolff extra power extractor spring! [banghead]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you guys, SAW, have a website?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you guys, SAW, have a website?
View Quote

Yes, they have a Website:[url=www.sawlesales.com]SAW[/url]

I've known Ken and Tina, including little Erik for more then 13 years (except for Erik, he's not that old) and they are a great couple, but sometimes their extremely busy. I agree, their customer service could be better at times, but I thing that could be fixed by hiring one or two new employees. Be paticnt with them, they offer the best product for the best price. Colt is impossible to work with and who wants to pay Brownells for what they ask. SAW is the best thing out there, especially if you want Colt parts.

That's my 2 cents worth.

LS
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#26]

[b] I want to prefface this with: I have ordered from SAWLESALES before (order being one M4 reciever ext, reciever back plate and 1 castle nut for the reciever ext.  

It also took 3-4 weeks to ship to me and it was a credit card order.[/b]

(2)THE MAIL TOOK SEVERAL WEEKS TO DELIVER THIS PIECE OF MAIL TO US--GO FIGURE.

Only you could know.

(3)Green0 CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO CHECK THE STATUS OF HIS NOT-YET-RECD ORDER AND LEFT NO CALL BACK #.

I called- leaving messages roughly 3-6 times- my first call I failed to leave a call back number.... a second follow-up call placed roughly 7 seconds later corrected that by leaving a call-back and e-mail. all other calls left numbers. My phone message was always for you to let me know so I could if need be cancell the MO and send a new one.  

(4) HIS ORDER ACTUALLY WENT OUT WITHIN ONE DAY OF US RECEIVING IT.

Well I guess the US mail could take 3-4weeks to ship. stranger things have happened.

[b]Did I get the product? YES

did it take 3 times as long as orders from MSTN? YES

Is it your fault? I don't know. The only reason I put this up was I was trying to find someone like you who worked there (owned the business whatever) and force you to answer my question (I guess that didn't work either). I guess I did find you but the problem was allready solved. (albeit at long last). [/b]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#27]
(10) BASED ON THE HUGE AMOUNT OF INCORRECT & DECEITFUL INFO THAT I SEE ALL OVER THIS BOARD IN GENERAL, I WOULD NOT RELY TOO HEAVILY ON THIS RESOURCE.

"I talk to a lot of knowledgeable people here yes there is an occaisonal nonsencical comment but it is the best I have as I do not live at KAC and cannot walk down the hall into offices of people like Joe Giadinni (former KAC employee) and ask them questions. so instead I put up a message and Coldblue almost always can answer it (he undoubtably does walk down those hallways on a daily basis)"

ABOUT OUR COMPANY--SPECIALIZED ARMAMENT IS MAINLY SET-UP TO DO LE & US GOVT SALES (OVER 90% OF OUR BUSINESS). WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE WEAPONS AND SPECIAL NEEDS OF OUR LARGER CUSTOMERS--WE DO AT TIMES GET A WEEK OR SO BEHIND IN SHIPPING TO INDIVIDUALS (NOT VERY OFTEN)--SORRY THAT'S HOW IT GOES. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND REAL COLT AND MILITARY GEAR, SO WE WILL CONTINUE TO ALLOW INDIVIDUALS TO BUY FROM US ON A LIMITED BASIS. WE HAVE THE LARGEST INVENTORY OF AUTHENTIC COLT AR-15/M16 PARTS AND COLT SPECIAL PRODUCTS IN THE U.S.--ACTUALLY LARGER THAN ALL THE OTHER COLT DISTRIBUTORS/DEALERS COMBINED! WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO FILL YOUR ORDERS--AND IF THIS WILL NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH, OR YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROPENSITY TO WHINE, PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

[b]
Wow I'm having trouble feeling "priveledged" to do business with you.

Most people are happy to get orders.  If 10% is the figure it is obvious you are missing out on the civilian market. probably caused by the fact that you have to visit places like this board to even meet people knowledgeable enough to know you guys exist (basically caused by the lack of advertising).

At least this gives you a chance to realize that people don't like automated phone systems. (something I rarely if ever get to tell anyone as I don't get through to a real person to talk to.)

eliminating that, modding the site to show pics of products, and advertising could really do wonders to that 10% figure[/b]

And no I didn't get incredible grades in Micro/Macro ECON so I can't tell you how much the number would change but only that it would increase
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Greene0--you can take your "PRIVELEDGED" business and whining down the road to MSTN (I have no idea what that is--MicroSoft Television Network?) and the sooner the better.  You are exactly why we do not advertise in the Civilian sector at all--get a clue.  I DO NOT WANT OR NEED YOUR BUSINESS OR ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS--I HOPE THAT IS CLEAR ENOUGH.  My degree is in Micro/Macro Economics from CA ST UNIV, Northridge, magna cum laude 1985!!!  I don't need any input from you on how to run a multi-million dollar business.  

We have seriously considered several times cutting off all individual sales to the general public, but that would hurt people who have been great customers & friends over the yrs--1-3% of our 10% is the problem and I am always looking for ways to lose these people as quickly as possible.  If you do the math, 99.7%+ of our customers are happy--look through this thread.  Besides the guy who started it, only one other person commented negatively because we would not sell him a special extractor spring & insert (below our $50 order minimum)--8 other people said that Specialized Armament (www.specializedarmament.com) is a good company and a local person in AZ wants to know if he can come to our shop in person.  (www.sawlesales.com is our old website address which is still active--Specialized Armament Warehouse Law Enforcement Sales.)  As I stated in my original response, our company is not set up for the people of ar15.com and I recently declined an invitation to advertise on this site!!!  I also passed on the offer to answer Colt tech questions as an Instructor for Colt Defense.  I have read through several sections of this board and there is a ton of incorrect info listed.  
Just a heads-up.  The book "BLACK RIFLE: VOLUME II" will be out next year--it looks really good, based on what I have proof read!!!!

Redbone--Yes, you can come down to our shop during normal business hours, currently 1000-1700 MST M-F.  Call in, FAX, or e-mail your order and we will work out an appointment for you to come by and pick up your gear.  We are not open to the general public and we do not have "walk-in" business.

Just a brief word on TIME--Arizona is on Mountain Standard (MST) Time year round--In the summer most of the US is on Daylight-savings Time.  From APR to the end of OCT, Arizona appears to be on Pacific time (MST=PDT)--when the rest of the country goes back to Standard Time we are already on MST.  So, NOV-MAR, AZ is on Pacific Time and APR-OCT, we are on Mountain Time.  Every morning right now our phones start ringing at 0900 (MST or PDT), but no one is answering them until 1000--people constantly call and complain when they are messing up the time zones or forgetting them completely.  Do your best and we will too.  

To all the Good Guys who read this board--Keep Advancing.

Best Wishes,
Ken Elmore    
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if AR15.com should feel special that good ole Ken registered on the board just so he can tell everyone how little their business matters to him since he does so little in the civilian sector.  Since his business is obviously thriving, and would continue to do so without the civilian sector, he is perfectly free to tell us how screwed up we are, and how little we mean to him.  I guess there will be no love lost on either side when we don't take our business to him.  I hope for his sake that Colt manages to stay in business.  It would suck for him to lose his main claim to fame and all, since Colt has barely been able to keep their head above water lately (considered bankruptcy in 92, tried to bargin their way out of legal trouble by halting civilian handgun sales in 99, laid off 300 people in 99, lost the contract on M-16s in 2001).  Also, I bet Colt enjoys the positive image he portrays as a Colt business partner.[puke]

I've never done business with him, but if he comes right out and says he doesn't care about my tiny little bit of business, I'll take it elsewhere.  Also, the fact that he has such a condescending tone doesn't impress me in the least.

I'd also like to point out, that if he hadn't bothered to register and declare himself more important than all of us, then this thread probably would have slipped into oblivion in no time at all.  Now I suspect that people will be looking at this for a while.

[soapbox]

I'll get off my soapbox now, but geeze, I've never seen a "businessman" just come out and tell everyone how little they mean to him.  If he had kept his condescending pie hole shut, the satisfied customers from his business (which there seems to be many) would have come to his defense and that would be that.  Even if I was a satisfied customer, I wouldn't defend someone with such a poor attitude toward the general population.

Edited:  Can you believe I wasted my 100th post on this guy?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Ken, there are 40,000 registered users on this board. I venture to say that 70% or so, including myself are non-military or non-LEO.

Maby you should check out the Industry Forum. There are a few "Multi-million $" companies represented here who know how and have done business with the general public for years.

Get your head out of your ass ASAP. You might just make a few dollars in the process, even with the headaches of doing business with us "people". Surely, someone who would brag on an open disscusion board about graduating Magna Cum Laude, would know this.

No need to defend your business practices over the internet BTW.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#31]
techbrute, the great thing about the internet is you get to see many different folks' views of the same subject. An electronic Rashomon, if you will.

My take: I have been dealing with, and buying from, Tina and Ken for close to a decade. They have bailed me out with impossible-to-find M16 parts on many occasions. They have always been knowledgable, helpful and courteous.

A decade ago, SAW was hard to find. They have always dealt primarily with LE. They do not advertise, and back then they didn't even have a web site. But if you needed to keep your M16 running, you kept Tina and Ken -- and Jennie and Dennis Todd -- on speed-dial. And yup, I was grateful they made room for my little orders in-between their bulk LE sales. A lot of other sources, like LaFrance, simply shut out civilian sales. Colt likewise is a brick wall. Without the two above sources, many times my MG woulda been nonfunctional.

Today, they are STILL hard to find. They do not advertise in any gun mags, because they still primarily do LE sales. You won't find links to their web site anywhere. They are successful in their target market, and keep a low profile elsewhere. If their online ordering system is primitive, it may be because 90% of their business is in faxed-in agency purchase orders.

If you don't like their practices, fine. They did not ask for your business, they do not want your business, so take it elsewhere.

What part of that don't you understand?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#32]
D A M N !!!!

I got two things to say:

1) Looks like this guy is trying to give Mr. RGUNS some competition for rudeness.  DAMN DUDE !!!

2) I see a lot of irony here.  SAWS is in the business of selling COLT firearms and COLT parts.  Seems like this is a perfect match considering COLT's attitude toward their non-government customers.  COLT and SAWS are DAMN RUDE to their few non-government customers.  COLT and SAWS can rot in hell !!!!  Long Live Bushmaster !!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#33]
"Greene0--you can take your "PRIVELEDGED" business and whining down the road to MSTN (I have no idea what that is--MicroSoft Television Network?) and the sooner the better. You are exactly why we do not advertise in the Civilian sector at all--get a clue. I DO NOT WANT OR NEED YOUR BUSINESS OR ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS--I HOPE THAT IS CLEAR ENOUGH. My degree is in Micro/Macro Economics from CA ST UNIV, Northridge, magna cum laude 1985!!! I don't need any input from you on how to run a multi-million dollar business. "

You'ld think a glorified business degree graduate would know that a little advertising ALWAYS HELPS.

I don't need to travel down the road to do business with MSTN I have been a customer for some time.

I wasn't angry with anything but the fact that it was so damn hard to get you people to let me know if you had actually recieved the order or not.  

I really don't like Colt (as they are liberal gun-owner-hating communist wannabe %^&$*$)#@ fill in the blank but my word is not the kind of thing people want to read here) and as far as I am concerned they have a monopoly on one thing-  "Colt style" Reciever extensions and tele-stocks.  

Everything else I can and do get elsewhere in similar or better quality and for less money.  

I don't have any future purchases planned so I hope you can sleep better knowing you won't have to be haunted with the terrible thing that is an actuall SALE.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#34]
NO, I DO NOT NEED ANY BUSINESS FROM THIS BOARD--IF YOU HAVE 40,000 MEMBERS THAT READ THIS CRAP THEN GOOD FOR YOU.  YOU ALL KNOW WHERE MY LE & GOVT SALES COMPANY STANDS.  I ONLY REGISTERED AND RESPONDED TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE SEVERAL PEOPLE E-MAILED ME AND ASKED ME TO.  I DO NOT READ THIS BOARD, NOR DO I CARE ONE BIT WHAT A FEW WHINY COMPUTER GEEKS HAVE TO SAY. FOR TECHBRUTE--YOU ARE A REALLY IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL HIDING BEHIND SOME MADE UP NAME (LIKE TEAMAR15DORK) SPOUTING YOUR MADE-UP COLT KNOWLEDGE.  MORE BS-INFO FROM YOUR "PIE-HOLE" FITS THE THEME OF THE SITE.  I'M REALLY GOING TO MISS YOUR NON-BUSINESS--GUYS LIKE YOU DEFINE INTERNET-COMMANDO AND BOTTOMFEEDER!!! THE ONLY REASON THAT I DID NOT TELL ALL YOU CLOWNS TO GO TO HELL--IS THAT YOU DO HAVE SOME GOOD GUYS WHO READ THIS BOARD.  I'M SURE THEY CAN FIGURE OUT WHO THEY ARE!  

NOTHING I HAVE SAID IN MY POSTS WAS NOT THE STRAIGHT-UP TRUTH AND IF IT HURT YOUR FEELINGS OR OFFENDED SOME OF YOU SOFT-SHOES, THAT'S WAY TOO BAD.  TAKE WHATEVER BUSINESS THAT YOU WERE NOT BRINGING TO MY COMPANY ANYWAY AND SHOVE IT....

IS THAT A CLEAR ENOUGH POSITION FOR YOU.

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR WEBSITE.

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
TAKE WHATEVER BUSINESS THAT YOU WERE NOT BRINGING TO MY COMPANY ANYWAY AND SHOVE IT....
View Quote

HAHA!! I love it!! Another vendor that is not afraid to tell it like it is!

When are you guys gonna get a clue? Not every vendor is going to kiss your ass for sales or even cares about your business for that matter?

For much of what Ken sells, he is the only game in town and if you don't like him, his business, or his policies, just "hit the pike".

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Mr. Elmore, why is it that other companies that handle very large LE / Govt. / Military contracts (Trijicon, ARMS, Aimpoint, etc...), and that literally do ten's of millions of dollars in business each year can handle having a polite, respectful, and responsive relationship with their "civilian" customer base, and you can't???

Seriously, I would like an answer.

I would also be interested in learning your views on "civilian" ownership of automatic weapons & semi automatic "assault weapons"? Do you believe that  only LEOs' & the Military should have access to such weapons?  

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Gee....all this trouble to completely alienate a potential customer base numbering more than 40,000.

HOLY SHIT, what a dumbass!

Thanks for the heads-up, Ken! I'll be happy to take my business elsewhere, and advise others to do the same.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if Ken realizes that of our 40,000 members that quite a few are also LEO's.  And some of those LEO's are in charge of purchasing and trainging.

WHat an assclown.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#39]
DEAR MR NY PATRIOT,

Since we are going to have a respectful conversation, you cannot buy military products directly from any of the companies that you mention.  Call Trijicon and try to buy a military ACOG!  Plus, it would take about 18 months to get it if they did take your order.  Very few LE/GOVT sales companies deal with the general public because it is not worth the effort.

Why would you think that I would be against civilian ownership of firearms?  I would repeal the assault weapon ban, 1986 machine gun ban and force all States to issue and recognize each other's concealed weapon permits--if it were up to me.

The previous posts were just about doing business--my company will continue to sell automatic weapon parts to law abiding citizens because I want the good guys in our country to be able to keep their weapons operational--with OEM PARTS  I fought for this country and our rights to keep and bare arms.  My wife and I are both life members of the NRA.

US ARMY COMBAT VETERAN
3/27 INFANTRY (WOLFHOUNDS)
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
(10) BASED ON THE HUGE AMOUNT OF INCORRECT & DECEITFUL INFO THAT I SEE ALL OVER THIS BOARD IN GENERAL, I WOULD NOT RELY TOO HEAVILY ON THIS RESOURCE.

ABOUT OUR COMPANY--SPECIALIZED ARMAMENT IS MAINLY SET-UP TO DO LE & US GOVT SALES (OVER 90% OF OUR BUSINESS).  WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE WEAPONS AND SPECIAL NEEDS OF OUR LARGER CUSTOMERS--WE DO AT TIMES GET A WEEK OR SO BEHIND IN SHIPPING TO INDIVIDUALS (NOT VERY OFTEN)--SORRY THAT'S HOW IT GOES.

KEEP YOUR GROUP TIGHT,
KEN ELMORE
INSTRUCTOR, COLT DEFENSE
OWNER, SPECIALIZED ARMAMENT
View Quote

You know what Ken?

I have ordered from you at least 5 times this year alone. I'm glad you took time out of your busy million dollar empire to cater to my small potatoes needs.

I have never had a single problem with your company in parts or customer service. But I think I will go to one of the many suppliers of REAL Colt parts out there.

Did you go to the Todd Bailey/R Guns school of customer relations?

You come to a AR15 specific board and insult customers and basically call them chump change?

You insult one of the more knowledgeable staff members?

And then you insult the site itself after all of   3 posts?!?

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
DEAR MR NY PATRIOT,

Since we are going to have a respectful conversation, you cannot buy military products directly from any of the companies that you mention.  Call Trijicon and try to buy a military ACOG!  Plus, it would take about 18 months to get it if they did take your order.  Very few LE/GOVT sales companies deal with the general public because it is not worth the effort.

Why would you think that I would be against civilian ownership of firearms?  I would repeal the assault weapon ban, 1986 machine gun ban and force all States to issue and recognize each other's concealed weapon permits--if it were up to me.

The previous posts were just about doing business--my company will continue to sell automatic weapon parts to law abiding citizens because I want the good guys in our country to be able to keep their weapons operational--with OEM PARTS  I fought for this country and our rights to keep and bare arms.  My wife and I are both life members of the NRA.

US ARMY COMBAT VETERAN
3/27 INFANTRY (WOLFHOUNDS)
View Quote

Ken,

I have done business with your company and you have had the parts I needed when no one else had them.  As long as you will take my money and ship me parts it will be good doing business with your company.  Thanks for supporting the private owner.

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Jeez, Ken, you are really shitting where you eat. Arent you the one who does the Colt Armorers Course? The last one being in Flagstaff?

Just wondering, so I can stay away.

A LEO...
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Ken, take your BS overbearing attitude and shove it, fully automatic, right up your ***.  3/27.  Dumbass infantry puke.  We used to laugh at you guys from SOCOM country.  As to colt, I too much remember reading "Mattel" on too many parts on those colt manufacture firearms I had to carry.  i will stick with Bushmaster or RRA or [b]ANYONE BUT COLTOR YOUR FUCKED UP COMPANY!!![/B]  Your attitude is absolutly despicable.  I can guarantee you that I and probably most of us will never have anything to do with your company.  Also, many of the LEO's on this board are procurement officers.  I am sure that you will lose quite a bit of your precious non civilian business.  I served in the military to insure everyones rights.  Among these are freedom of speech.  You made your speech and now we will speak with our wallets.  My wallet says [b]GO TO HELL!!!!!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Ken Elmore...

...you cannot buy military products directly from any of the companies that you mention
View Quote

[i]Oh really[/i]???

I am a lowly "civilian" and I have personally ordered items directly from ARMS (in one case, they even performed a custom modification to a #40 BUIS for me). They were nothing but polite, helpful, and accommodating!  

Heck, they even sent my a set of replacement screws for my #22M68 FREE OF CHARGE!!!

Same for Aimpoint... about 7 months ago, I purchased replacement lens covers & a battery compartment retention strap directly from the company. Delivery was fast & they didn't rape me on bogus "shipping & handling" charges!  

Lastly, Trijicons web site is specifically set up for individual sales. They would gladly sell me ANY model of ACOG that I wanted & had the $$$ for!  

[i]Try again Ken[/i]...
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
TAKE WHATEVER BUSINESS THAT YOU WERE NOT BRINGING TO MY COMPANY ANYWAY AND SHOVE IT....
View Quote

HAHA!! I love it!! Another vendor that is not afraid to tell it like it is!

When are you guys gonna get a clue? Not every vendor is going to kiss your ass for sales or even cares about your business for that matter?

For much of what Ken sells, he is the only game in town and if you don't like him, his business, or his policies, just "hit the pike".

View Quote

It figures that you would defend this jackass.

He kinda reminds me of my ol' buddy Roger @ RGUNS. They certainly share the same customer care philosophy.

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#46]
AZ-K9

YEAH, I TAUGHT THE COURSE IN FLAGSTAFF LAST MONTH--IT WAS FULL.  IF YOU WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR COLT TRAINING THAT IS FINE WITH ME.  IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE THAT IS ALSO FINE--THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS COUNTRY GREAT.  I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW YOU GOT OFFENDED BY WHAT I SAID--BUT THAT IS YOUR RIGHT TOO.  OBVIOUSLY I AM GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF CHEAP SHOTS NOW BY GUYS WITHOUT NAMES FOR STIRRING UP THE AR-15 SITE.

IT'S GOOD FOR YOU GUYS.  HAVE FUN.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#47]
HEY PSYWARRIOR

YOU CAN CHARGE INTO HELL WITH YOUR BUSHMASTER--YOU ARE PRETTY IMPRESSIVE TOO.  WHAT WERE YOU A SUPPLY GUY FOR SOCOM?  NOTHING COLT EVER CAME FROM MATTEL--JUST ANOTHER LINE OF ILL-INFORMED CRAP.

I'M GLAD THAT WE HAVE SEVERAL VETS ON THIS BOARD WHO FOUGHT FOR OUR RIGHT TO NOT AGREE.

I'M SURE THAT I WILL MISS YOUR BUSINESS TOO!

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
AZ-K9

YEAH, I TAUGHT THE COURSE IN FLAGSTAFF LAST MONTH--IT WAS FULL.  IF YOU WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR COLT TRAINING THAT IS FINE WITH ME.  IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE THAT IS ALSO FINE--
View Quote

Yeah, thought so. Had people there from my dept.   I'll do my part.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I guess the old saying, "The customer is always right." is completely lost on Mr. Elmore's part. What a fuckwad. Im no internet commando and I happen to regard alot of the information posted on this site as quite reliable as its helped me out numerous times. So Mr. Elmore, what are you going to do with your multi-million dollar company when the military drops the M-16 in a few years? I guess you'll have to move all those overpriced parts somewhere, I guess not to lowly individual customers like us. Dont worry, with the way you do business, you're not going to sell many parts. By the sound of your business practices it makes sense that you earned your degree in Kalifornia. Im also quite happy with my Bushmaster. They even took the time to help me with some questions and they dont have a $50 minimum order. Their customer service to me was top notch. They also put out a quality product, unlike Colt. Wake up Mr. Elmore and smell the coffee you just made yourself look like an ass and people who post around here have long memories you pompus ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
AZ-K9

YEAH, I TAUGHT THE COURSE IN FLAGSTAFF LAST MONTH--IT WAS FULL.  IF YOU WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR COLT TRAINING THAT IS FINE WITH ME.  IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE THAT IS ALSO FINE--THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS COUNTRY GREAT.  I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW YOU GOT OFFENDED BY WHAT I SAID--BUT THAT IS YOUR RIGHT TOO.  OBVIOUSLY I AM GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF CHEAP SHOTS NOW BY GUYS WITHOUT NAMES FOR STIRRING UP THE AR-15 SITE.

IT'S GOOD FOR YOU GUYS.  HAVE FUN.
View Quote

Some mocho guys never learn.  I think Elmer Fudd is seeing that these "INTERNET-COMMANDO AND BOTTOMFEEDER" are real life people that he does business with.  But he continues to take jabs !!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top