Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 11:44:27 PM EDT
[quote="TigerStripe"][quote="M4arc"]Very nice rifle Lumpy!

TigerStripe, I'm building a similar M4 but I started with a preban SGW rcvr that I had remanutured and a 14.5" 1/7 chrome-lined DPMS upper.  Here's what I have in it so far:

remanufactured lower $115

Remanufactured? What do they do to the lower?

TS

[quote="Stickman"]Olympic Arms will destroy the old one and make a new one with the same serial numbers.  Pretty nice deal if you screwed up your old preban lower, or just had something happen to it.

[quote="TigerStripe"]I wonder if they'd make me a new one for my SP1 lower?

TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
more info and pic if possible please?Is this a complete lower?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The original manufacturer can replace a damaged receiver (except for machineguns) with one bearing the same serial number, and if it was a pre-ban grandfathered "SAAW", it will still be pre-ban.

Oly (formerly SGW) will do this as a matter of course, so you can now have a BRAND-NEW pre-ban lower receiver for a bit over $100.  You could even get them to remake your preban lower in titanium.

Colt doesn't like to do this, but has done it on some occasions.  I believe Bushmaster and Eagle Arms (now Armalite) have also done this.  DPMS will probably do it as well.

I think all the other pre-ban manufacturers are out of business, so Essential Arms, PWA, Rock Island Arsenal, Frankford Arsenal, etc cannot be replaced/remanufactured like that any more.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
That is interesting... I wonder if colt would do this with one of their old flat side lowers in order to get the raised fence? Hummmm the things that make you go hummmmmm

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is interesting... I wonder if colt would do this with one of their old flat side lowers in order to get the raised fence? Hummmm the things that make you go hummmmmm

IPSC_GUY sends
View Quote

That's my idea.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
more info and pic if possible please?Is this a complete lower?
View Quote

It's a complete SP1.  I want a pre-ban, raised fence,all standard holes & pins lower.

TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt just loves its customers.

TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know if DPMS does this ???
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Post it in AR Discussions and here.  You could post in the DPMS forum.  Is there a DPMS forum?

TS
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Post it in AR Discussions and here.  You could post in the DPMS forum.  Is there a DPMS forum?
TS
View Quote

on my way to the DPMS forum now [:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt could make a:
  1) A good profit on reman. A-1 type lowers to A-2 standards.
  2) ALOT of happy customers!!!! [beer] [party]

I would be one 'em...what to do with a PreBan SP-1 / A-1 lower??  [:\]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top