BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The MI#22 (Rifle Length Free Float) was released today.

I will try to get some pics up later.  They should also be online later today.
Thanks!
Paul

bump for pics
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The MI#22 (Rifle Length Free Float) was released today.

I will try to get some pics up later.  They should also be online later today.
Thanks!
Paul

Do you have weight numbers for the rifle length?
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm with 92FS_26_M4
I have never cut a delta ring off. What is involved? Should I use tin snips  to remove it? I have a very limited tool collection so a minimalist guide would be appreciated.

While I do not insist that this is the definitive guide for cutting off a Delta Ring assy..... Here goes for those that need it......

The easiset way to install the MCTAR20 without getting a gunsmith involved is to simply get a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel installed...... Place masking tape (blue painters tape works great as it leaves very little residue) where appropriate to protect any surfaces that may get dinged up in this process (especially the area of the upper receiver nearest the Delta ring)......

FYI and disclaimer: One caveat to this method is that your delta ring, weld spring and snap ring are now toast, but new ones can be had for a few dollars..... The cutoff method is your only option for do-it-yourself if you have a pinned and welded flash suppressor. This could be bad news if you plan on selling this barrel assy in the future without sending it somewhere (for a few dollars this can be done) to have a new delta ring, weld spring and snap ring installed). For me, I plan on keeping this barrel assy until it is no longer usable, and as such will be of no use to anyone anyway, so I cut all the parts off with a dremel....

Following these instructions and cutting on your upper receiver is done so at your own risk......

Now... back to the dremel....

With the uppper off the lower (easier to work with this way), take the dremel and carefully cut the Delta ring off..... make your cuts in two places, one on the top just above the gas tube (DO NOT CUT OR DAMAGE THE GAS TUBE - or you can remove the gas tube, but this can be done with the tube in place) and the second directly opposite the tube on the bottom.... Go slowly and carefully until you can remove the delta ring..... you may have to insert a flat head screwdriver into the lower cut to get the ring to finish splitting.....

Once the Delta ring is removed, the Weld Spring is exposed....... simply cut the spring on the bottom (opposite the gas tube) and it will fall free of its own weight....... Then cut the Snap Ring off the Barrel Nut..... You should have now completely exposed the Barrel Nut----> Put the dremel away as you are now finished cutting.....

The installation is the easy part...... just follow the instructions included and you should be fine......

I know all this sounds terrribly complicated, but it is really easy..... Just go slow, and be careful and you will be on the road to free-float-quad-rail goodness in no time flat...... I had the Delta Ring, Weld Spring, and Snap Ring removed from mine in about 15 minutes with no fuss.... Another 10 minutes to install the handguards and that was it..... The Rail is rock solid and looks and functions beautifully......

Sorry this is so long.....

Your mileage will vary on this.......
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top