Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 7:33:34 AM EDT
There's an ad in SGN by Joeken Firearms (www.joeken.com) for Carbon Fiber lower receivers. The ad says:

Carbon Fiber AR15 Receiver
Made from carbon fiber, they are half the weight of aluminum and five times the strength. Takes standard AR parts.

I did a search on the AR15 board for "carbon" and didn't return any results. Does anyone have a strong opinion about the fit, finish, and durability of these? The price is attractive at about $70.

Also, if you have poor/fair AR parts for sale, you might visit my other post in equipment exchange.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=26&t=185174

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They're made by Hesse / Vulcan arms.  If you do a search on those names you'll come up with a lot of information.  Pretty much everyone will tell you to stay a long ways away from them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They're made by Hesse / Vulcan arms.  If you do a search on those names you'll come up with a lot of information.  Pretty much everyone will tell you to stay a long ways away from them.
View Quote

Negative.  They were marketed by Hesse/Vulcan, but manufactured by someone else.  I used their Kevlar/Aramid (CF) upper & lower for my wife's ultralight carbine, & the build went together fine.  No problems to date, & the weapon has better than 1K rounds through it.
Top Top