Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You're better off sending those barrels to a pro and getting the FSB drilled and pinned. ADCO is the "go-to" place for this work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What about clamp on A2s are they F marked?

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I've drilled one barrel for taper pins and I can say without the correct tooling it would be really easy to screw up.

Your best bet is either ship all of your barrels to ADCO for the F marked FSB pinning, or buy 5 clamp on F marked FSBs
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I've drilled and reamed two of these on a drill press I set up in my apartment (I'm sure my downstairs neighbors must hate me )

Do you have any machining experience or a drill press?  As Milspec556 said, it can be easy to screw this up... the second one I did ended up a little canted by a couple degrees at first, but I was still able to salvage it and now it's perfectly straight and both pins are secured.  So unless you really mess it up, you should be just fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have drilled & tap the A2/A4 front sight with no worry.  Will post pictures later.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top