Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 1 of 45)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 45
Posted: 3/30/2015 2:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andromax]
The ARES SCR

I had been thinking about buying a Beretta Rx4 / Benelli MR1 at the ridiculous post import mark up. Cool rifle, truly but I'd never pay the $2k for it that people think they're worth.

Then I discover the Ares SCR.

This is the creator's personal SCR, from what I gather.

I don't even live in a ban state. I live in Alaska. I'm certainly not over the AR15, but I've been wanting a traditional stock on a semi auto rifle for a long time, but I refuse to buy a mini14. Never owned one. Im not hating on them, I just don't want one.
I just NEEEED one of these. I figure I'll just buy the lower, since they sell them with the bolt for like $500.

Anyone else not in a ban state just love this thing?

Anyone shot it? does the recoil feel any different?

Also post pics if you got em.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

That sucks! Why is it so much? Is it made from gold? Also that doesn't
seem very secure. How well does it stay attached?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

The bolt catch doesn't come with the SCR? Is that standard for all of them? Does it
require a special bolt catch then and do they sell it now if it does?

It's like a $30 unit that just drops in and is held in place by the closed upper.  We've mentioned other methods of attachment to Ares, so we'll see what happens.

That sucks! Why is it so much? Is it made from gold? Also that doesn't
seem very secure. How well does it stay attached?

The price is a reflection of it being designed and made in the United States of America, from American materials, by American citizens; -just like all ARES Defense products! Sure, if we outsourced our products to China and other places like many other companies in the AR business do, then our prices would be lower. -But then again so would our quality and that's just not our American style...

PS: Thanks to all of you who support United States of America and American manufacturing!

PSS: The KAC ambi-release is only there to speed mag changes for right-handed shooters while engaged in Dynamic Deer Hunting

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFJihS6T5zg[/youtube]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

I'm about to have a spare 11" 6.8 barrel laying around.... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/chin.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ares_Defense:
Here's a picture of our law enforcement carbine that's based on this platform called the ARES MPR (Modular Patrol Rifle). -Being tested by some ban-state LE agencies and other LE that are being "demilitarized" by their local governments...

Key features that are different from a stock ARES SCR:

Chrome lined 16.25" barrel, 1:9 RHT, Optional 10.5" SBR available
Std M4 upper receiver with case deflector and EP cover & sling swivel in place of forward assist
Bolt catch
Iron Sights
Optional Diamondhead VRS hand guard

Standard ARES MPR
http://i62.tinypic.com/se6aev.jpg

SBR version of ARES MPR with 10.5" barrel
http://i58.tinypic.com/2clctu.jpg

I'm about to have a spare 11" 6.8 barrel laying around.... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/chin.gif

Now THAT would be nice!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:23:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#3]
The price is a reflection of it being designed and made in the United States of America, from American materials, by American citizens; -just like all ARES Defense products! Sure, if we outsourced our products to China and other places like many other companies in the AR business do, then our prices would be lower. -But then again so would our quality and that's just not our American style...

PS: Thanks to all of you who support United States of America and American manufacturing!
View Quote

I think the prevailing question is, why is the BHO not included, as the vast majority of buyers will want it?

I understand that the design of the rear of the lower may prevent the standard aircraft drill operation for the BHO roll pin, hence the modular design, I think some people are just feeling like they are being nickeled and dimed for features that are included on every other lower out there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:26:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ares_Defense] [#4]
I hope the forum rules don't nix outside linking, as I thought it might be prudent to share a link to our Facebook page (from 9 months ago) which details some of the reasons why the ARES SCR bolt catch is optional. I could copy the text herein but it might be a bit lengthy and wouldn't include the pictures. Everything's done for a reason and it's not all profit driven...

ARES SCR Bolt Catch details
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:32:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#5]
I hope the forum rules don't nix outside linking, as I thought it might be prudent to share a link to our Facebook page (from 9 months ago) which details some of the reasons why the ARES SCR bolt catch is optional. I could copy the text herein but it might be a bit lengthy and wouldn't include the pictures. Everything's done for a reason and it's not all profit driven...

ARES SCR Bolt Catch details
View Quote

All good points, I've read that post previously, it should answer some others' questions here, it just seems that the answer to the rest of these questions would be to include the BHO and the plug in the base kit and let the user decide without having to order a separate component.  I'm sure some would also like the option to lock the BHO into the lower with a pin or a set screw to prevent it from falling out during cleaning or when packed up while broken down.  You don't want to have to go digging through the bottom of your backpack for a gun part every time

I hope you take these suggestions as constructive feedback, I love the concept and I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gadgetguy1288] [#6]
Nevermind... got it....
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gadgetguy1288:
Nevermind... got it....
View Quote

Removing the buttstock? I assume you just remove the buttplate and that gives you access to the big main bolt running through the stock into the receiver?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gadgetguy1288] [#8]
Yeah you remove the two screws in the buttstock and then remove the "cap" on the buffer tube. It was on there so tight I almost had to use a breaker bar to get it off. After the cap is off the butt stock just slide off.

ETA: For those interested, you need a 1/8 allen wrench to remove the butt pad, and a 3/4" socket to remove the buffer tube cap.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gadgetguy1288] [#9]
Thought I would share some preliminary pictures now that I have mine in my hands finally. I added a few things right out of the gate(Norgon Ambi-catch, BAD EMR, GG&G 1399 QD sling socket(made for the 870/1100)) I also have a Seekins Bolt catch to put in as soon as my Ares bolt catch  comes in to put it on.

I am also sending my BCG to American Spirit Arms in the morning to have it modified for their side charging upper which they will be sending it back with to replace the Gibbz arms upper that I built my 14.5 p/w 6.8 for this rifle, but the Gibbz wont work because of the lack of the M16 cutout. So as soon as the upper comes in and I get it swapped out, the 6.8 will go on instead of the this one which is a 5.56. I choose the ASA over the new Gibbz with the cutout because the ASA has a folding lever, shell deflector and  ejection port door. So I'll have more pictures for when that's done in a couple of weeks or so.

I still need to buy a stock pack as well, but I am not sure which one I am going to go with, I may end up getting the stock duracoated in Magpul OD green as well, but I haven't decided yet.

ETA forgot to add that I also put on the BAD EPS as well, but no pictures of those

Picture of the QD socket, it was bit of a PITA to get it to fit, as it did not fit right out of the box. I had to file it down quite a bit to get it to fit, I'll take more detailed pics in a bit to show what I mean, and how I modified it.

BAD EMR- dont know that this one was really necessary, but I liked the look and the fact that its green

Norgon ambi-catch- this one and the EMR fit perfectly, no modifications required.

Here's a couple of pics of the install of the QD socket, I had to file out the center hole quite a bit and also had to take a little bit off of the channel on the bottom to get it to fit the SCR.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#10]
@gadgetguy1288,

how well do you like the height of the scope on yours.  It looks like you've got it as low as possible.

Can you get a decent cheek weld like this?  It seems the standard-height AR-15 mount is about 3/4" too high for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#11]
@gadgetguy1288 and others who may be considering installing a spacer between the butt stock and receiver,

The ARES SCR recoil system is designed to bottom out the recoil guide rod into the stock tube nut that holds it all together. This approach minimizes the effects of the carrier coming into contact with the inside face of the lower receiver during full recoil. By placing a spacer such as a sling adapter between the receiver and stock, it will space the stock tube nut further out by the thickness of the spacer and the carrier will accordingly end its rearward recoil travel directly onto the inside face of the lower receiver. We can't guarantee what long term effect this alteration may have or any potential damage to the lower as it wasn't designed and intended to be fully loaded in that fashion, but we wanted to inform users of the potential consequences of altering the recoil design in this manner. I'm obliged to say that we don't recommend altering the recoil system that way and at minimum, we would expect finish marring. Otherwise, great looking rifle and thank you for your business!
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:53:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#12]
@gadgetguy1288 and others who may be considering installing a spacer between the butt stock and receiver,

The ARES SCR recoil system is designed to bottom out the recoil guide rod into the stock tube nut that holds it all together. This approach minimizes the effects of the carrier coming into contact with the inside face of the lower receiver during full recoil. By placing a spacer such as a sling adapter between the receiver and stock, it will space the stock tube nut further out by the thickness of the spacer and the carrier will accordingly end its rearward recoil travel directly onto the inside face of the lower receiver. We can't guarantee what long term effect this alteration may have or any potential damage to the lower as it wasn't designed and intended to be fully loaded in that fashion, but we wanted to inform users of the potential consequences of altering the recoil design in this manner. I'm obliged to say that we don't recommend altering the recoil system that way and at minimum, we would expect finish marring. Otherwise, great looking rifle and thank you for your business!
View Quote

If one were to adapt a stock or space it out, they should remove the equivalent thickness from inside the stock under the nut so that it can thread down to it's original length, correct?

Also, there are less obtrusive ways to add a QD socket to a standard hollow rifle/shotgun stock

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-micro-mount/
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#13]

If one were to adapt a stock or space it out, they should remove the equivalent thickness from inside the stock under the nut so that it can thread down to it's original length, correct?

Also, there are less obtrusive ways to add a QD socket to a standard hollow rifle/shotgun stock

View All Quotes

I like that QD socket idea better...thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Soooooo...

Sporter or Monte Carlo stock
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Soooooo...

View Quote

Neither, Sporter Short.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:

Neither, Sporter Short.

http://www.ironsightllc.com/uploads/3/2/4/9/3249251/5611869_orig.jpg
View All Quotes
Soooooo...

Neither, Sporter Short.

Wheres that at?

I was just creepin on Midwestgunworks.com, and don't see that one
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Giving this thought because:
- Merica
- freedoms
- 2A
- "Get both"

I might pop a current upper on that lower, call it good. get a new upper, because Merica.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#18]
Just found this thread...

Yes, I definitely want a lower. I was slow to like the AR platform because of its setup...all the ergonomic features actually felt odd to me and I still prefer a standard rifle. This might be just the ticket.

Gets me a standard style rifle in .223 without getting a mini-14.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By minion42:

View Quote

Gets you a standard rifle in any of a few dozen chamberings without getting a Mini-14. The Mini-6.8 was shortlived and there's no Mini-6.5. There's a brand-new Mini-300, but if you pick that one there's no easy way to change chambering.

Not to confuse y'all with the "other Ares", but any thought to offering 80% SCR lowers? For folks who both want privacy and also live behind the Curtain?
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#20]
@factionfx The scope works perfectly for me. I am using the Larue Tactical Low rings(I believe they are the 719). They are the perfect height.

@Ares_defense I hadn't thought about that but I guess I'll go ahead and order the IWC QD socket and get that installed, while I am waiting for my BCG to get back from ASA.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Medicfrost] [#21]

Wheres that at?

View All Quotes
Soooooo...

Neither, Sporter Short.

Wheres that at?

I got it here:

http://www.usgunsource.com/firearms-long-guns/39368-ares-defense-systems-scr-semi-automatic-lower-556nato-223rem-black-sporter.html?cmdSubmit=Find&cmdSubmit_y=0&cmdSubmit_x=0&keywords=ares
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Wheres that at?

View All Quotes
Soooooo...

Neither, Sporter Short.

Wheres that at?

https://www.ironsightsfirearms.com/ares-scr-lower-rcvr-assy-ss-blk-p-207644.html?zenid=c69abc12528a75b55cc2499abce8a7a9
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Yes, I definitely want a lower. I was slow to like the AR platform because of its setup...all the ergonomic features actually felt odd to me and I still prefer a standard rifle. This might be just the ticket.

View Quote

The AR-15 IS the standard style rife.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#24]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

View All Quotes

Mmmmmm....I hear what you're saying, but not if you look at what is on the street now and what has been produced historically. But yes, the AR pattern/style will be increasingly common barring any "common sense" legislation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#25]
So should I go with the sporter short or monte carlo if I just want to run an ampoint t1 on it? I'm assuming sporter short?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tdp916:
So should I go with the sporter short or monte carlo if I just want to run an ampoint t1 on it? I'm assuming sporter short?
View Quote

I'm still curious what other stocks can be adapted...

Did I read that most any Rem 1100 stock can be adapted as long as the tube dimensions are not changed?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By tdp916:

View Quote
The sporter stock is what you see most of the time with an aimpoint, however I have the monte carlo stock and I think the cheek weld is great with an aimpoint.  I think the monte carlo is about 1/2" - 3/4" taller than the sporter.  Sorry, I don't have both to compare.  

maybe Ares can post a pic of both, one on top of the other.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's one from a customer in 6.8 with a VLTOR CAS-V handguard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/hog68.jpg~original
View Quote

oohhhh... that might be the best CAS-V application yet.   I like that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PriapusMaximus:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PriapusMaximus:
Here's one from a customer in 6.8 with a VLTOR CAS-V handguard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/hog68.jpg~original

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
pros:

Very quick and easy handling.
Takes all AR magazines
Takes all AR uppers

Cons:

Can not access magazine release with shooting hand
Does not have bolt release/lock installed from factory
AR height sights are a no-go.

View Quote

AR does all that and more.  Short of commie states, don't see the point.  But hey, whatever twirls your beanie.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Mmmmmm....I hear what you're saying, but not if you look at what is on the street now and what has been produced historically. But yes, the AR pattern/style will be increasingly common barring any "common sense" legislation.
View All Quotes

Must be a regional thing.

If its not hunting season or "sighting in" and you go to a range, or a desert/forest shooting area in Arizona you'll see a lot more ARs than all traditional guns combined.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bigkracka:

AR does all that and more.  Short of commie states, don't see the point.  But hey, whatever twirls your beanie.
View All Quotes
pros:

Takes all AR magazines
Takes all AR uppers

Cons:

Because some of us like variety.  I can't spend my whole life just eating vanilla ice cream.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Because some of us like variety.  I can't spend my whole life just eating vanilla ice cream.
View All Quotes
pros:

Takes all AR magazines
Takes all AR uppers

Cons:

This.  I'm not in a ban state but that seems like an awesome way to get the perfect hunting auto-loader.  I'm anxious to see someone make an improved trigger, then my dreams of an SCR with side charge in 6.5 Grendel would be complete.

I really don't see this as a gimmick product for ban states, although they have got to be crazy to get a mini-14 over this.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SCW:
This.  I'm not in a ban state but that seems like an awesome way to get the perfect hunting auto-loader.  I'm anxious to see someone make an improved trigger, then my dreams of an SCR with side charge in 6.5 Grendel would be complete.

I really don't see this as a gimmick product for ban states, although they have got to be crazy to get a mini-14 over this.
View Quote

Put another way, already in the first year of production we have folks in non-ban states buying these, but how often do you ever see folks in non-ban states buying things like BulletButton, hammerhead grips, those weird bent-angle non-PG stocks, or the Kydex wraps that block your grip? The latter things are all clumsy compromises that people really only use to get around an unpleasant law, while the SCR gets around the law but also has some virtues and appeal of its own.

I fully grant, the BulletButton and some of the weird grips have an advantage in that they allow the user to base the rifle on a standard AR-15 receiver, which is cheaper and has way more aftermarket compatibility than the SCR, so those are awkward but not necessarily illogical choices. Just that nobody is using those devices because they actually enjoy their inherent qualities.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MatthewVanitas:
Put another way, already in the first year of production we have folks in non-ban states buying these, but how often do you ever see folks in non-ban states buying things like BulletButton, hammerhead grips, those weird bent-angle non-PG stocks, or the Kydex wraps that block your grip? The latter things are all clumsy compromises that people really only use to get around an unpleasant law, while the SCR gets around the law but also has some virtues and appeal of its own.
View Quote

If the first bolded part is in reference to the FRS-15, then it is by no means an awkward compromise.  Sure, the first time that I saw it all I could think was "UG-GLY" and the first time that I held it I thought that it was odd.  However, after using it for about an hour, it was totally comfortable to handle.  The thing is just fine as a tool ... but definitely not pretty.  

That said, I have been interested in the SCR since before it came out and not just for compliance.  There are a lot of interesting rifles that can be built with them, all while maintaining most of the modularity of the original system.  Once they are popular enough that companies develop stocks and triggers to swap out, they will add their own bit of modularity.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
pros:

Takes all AR magazines
Takes all AR uppers

Cons:

You'd probably be stunned if you knew just how many folks in your state (TX) are buying this rifle...

But all that Ford vs. Chevy, Right vs. left type stuff notwithstanding, a very large segment of our customer base for the ARES SCR don't live in any ban state, they just prefer traditional stock over pistol grips. Then there are those who travel over the road a lot and they can take the ARES SCR virtually anywhere they go without giving up performance, risking arrest or having to rely on a less capable rifle. DC and NYC to name a few of the cities where these are reportedly sold, kept, and traveled through. And most folks haven't yet figured out a way to drive to the free states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc. without going through New York, New Jersey, Canada, etc. to get there...
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm thinking about using one of these with my .458 socom.  What recoil pads are available for these stocks?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Short of commie states, don't see the point. But hey, whatever twirls your beanie.
View Quote

Most "compliance" mods are just that.  It's an AR rifle with some funny looking parts slapped on.  The Ares receiver and bcg design goes beyond a simple modification and puts in the category of an AR hybrid rifle.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By glenn_r:

I'm thinking about using one of these with my .458 socom.  What recoil pads are available for these stocks?
View Quote

I have installed a limbsaver 10544 "grind to fit" on my SCR.   Turned out great.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm glad the lowers are available separately now. I'd really like to use one for a custom build.

Side note: I live in Florida. Does Ares Defense have a showroom where I can buy stuff in person?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Since the stock is supposedly a modified remington stock has anyone tried the Remington supercell pad to see if its a direct fit?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#44]
So. Any plans on a .308 version? Would love this for my PA-10. Maybe not enough uniformity but it's nice to dream.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TwoNin9r:
So. Any plans on a .308 version? Would love this for my PA-10. Maybe not enough uniformity but it's nice to dream.
View Quote

I've been wondering about this too, and AD seems (understandably) not overtly discussing it. I'm kind of two minds when I ponder the idea:

• [On one end, you could argue that a chunk of the target market for the SCR is people with a slightly more traditional mindsight, who might be more heavily drawn to a non-"poodleshooter" chambering. No idea if there's enough of a contingent of "no way was going to buy one in .223 but .308 chnged my mind" to justify the tool-up. The compatibility issue is present, but DPMS seems to be the leader in that VHS/Betamax/etc struggle, though I understand even within that compatibility still requires attention.

• To the other side, the presence of the 6.5, 6.8, .300, .450, .458 etc. short-action AR-15 chamberings really takes a lot of wind our of the AR-10 argument. You don't have quite as much a ballistic range of options as with an AR-10, but the standard AR/SCR has cartridges that will suit the vast majority of hunters' needs, other than tough stuff like shooting elk at longer ranges, etc. But folks seem pretty satisfied using the mid-size AR-15 rounds on pig and deer

• Though on the other-other side, as noted in this thread there are plenty of folks buying the SCR as a "just because it's cool" gun, even when they already own other rifles. So it may well be that there are folks who already have .223 AR-15s, and like the trad stock and are looking for an excuse to get another AR-variant anyway, so getting a SCR-10 would scratch a couple itches, and also give them a cheaper and more modular alternative to the M1A.

Just kinda pondering the arguments both ways.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Since the stock is supposedly a modified remington stock has anyone tried the Remington supercell pad to see if its a direct fit?
View Quote

Standing by...not a fan of slip-on pads, and would rather not have to grind a pad down.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Standing by...not a fan of slip-on pads, and would rather not have to grind a pad down.
View All Quotes

Well the holes line up right but it's not lined up right I the scr stock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Any word yet on availability of wooden, or other, aftermarket stocks? Any rumbling yet of an aftermarket developing now that the rifle has been out for a year and appears to be selling well? Though given, most aftermarket AR stuff applies without modification, so I suppose it's mostly trigger options, stocks, and a few other small bits that call for a specifically-designed part.

That reminds me, does the SCR use an AR-standard trigger guard? Will aftermarket ones like Magpul just drop right in?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blacktree] [#49]
I would love to see a wood stock as an option for the SCR. Pair that up with a flat-top AR-15 upper with the wood A1 style handguards, and I'll be doing this...

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MatthewVanitas:
Any word yet on availability of wooden, or other, aftermarket stocks? Any rumbling yet of an aftermarket developing now that the rifle has been out for a year and appears to be selling well? Though given, most aftermarket AR stuff applies without modification, so I suppose it's mostly trigger options, stocks, and a few other small bits that call for a specifically-designed part.

That reminds me, does the SCR use an AR-standard trigger guard? Will aftermarket ones like Magpul just drop right in?
View Quote

From the pictures in this thread, it appears the trigger guard is integral to the receiver body.  It looks more like a conventional (non-AR) trigger guard found on bolt action rifles or shotguns.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 1 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top