Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 1:07:35 PM EDT
I can't decide.  I held both, really liked the 216, but would be nice to change up the platform as I already have two ARs.  PWS may be a little more accurate, but as I said, it is a toss up for me.  Any opinions from people who have tried or owned both?  THanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
EDIT - Deleted by me
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a hard choice.  But to be honest, in that price range if you are looking for a piston gun I'd get a LWRCi instead of either of those.  Between those I would probably lean more towards the FN.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
While I can speak for the SCAR 17s as I have one and love it it has a few thing that are annoying.
Stock trigger sucks I put a super scar in mine.
Sling attachment is poor. But easily remedied.
Mags are a little steep but not a big deal for me.

I would also go LWRC for a piston 308 in the AR10 line.  But in the end I would still pick the SCAR.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Not saying the PWS and LWRC are junk, but I'd rather have the SCAR since it was designed from the ground up to utilize a piston.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not saying the PWS and LWRC are junk, but I'd rather have the SCAR since it was designed from the ground up to utilize a piston.
View Quote

That's a good point. Although even though the pws is turning a di gun into a piston, Isn't it still a solid performer? It just felt so familiar when I picked it up, but I keep trying to like the scar more. It's a scar for crying out loud, and I already have two ARs. I don't want a lwrc as it's about $900 more than my local shop has the mk216 for. In fact, they're selling the mk216 for 2599.99. Scars are like 3k right now for a Cali version. I'm in Cali. Is it $400+ better?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Although it looks a lot like an AR I believe the PWS was also designed from the ground up as a piston gun
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Although it looks a lot like an AR I believe the PWS was also designed from the ground up as a piston gun
View Quote

well that makes it tougher
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I was asking myself the same question recently, except I was also including the LMT MWS.

I'm going with the SCAR.

Mainly because of the CHF barrel, and it's the lightest of them all, but also because it has the best aftermarket, and parts are slightly less hard to find.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:51:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Just don't care for the overall feel of the SCAR.........
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
After handling multiple .308 rifles. I really want a scar-17 now. I hope to buy one this year.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#11]
SCAR
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top