BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 908
Posted: 7/7/2011 12:07:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot]
So just an introduction to this thread - its purpose is to show off your Block II clone builds; here is a list of some of the common characteristics and equipment that the Block II M4A1s have:

THE Block II Chart (courtesy of Patriot_Man)

Barrel:
14.5" M4 or SOCOM contour barrel

Flash Hider:
KAC NT4
Surefire 4P

Suppressors:
KAC NT4
Surefire SOCOM RC

Rail System:
Early Block II M4A1s still used the KAC M4 RIS/RAS
DD RIS II in dark earth

Vertical grips
Tango down battle grip in tan
KAC
Grip-Pod

Rail panels:
Tango Down
KAC

Front sight:
KAC flip up in tan
standard front sight base (if early Block II with M4 RIS/RAS)

Optics:
Elcan Specter DR SU-230
EOTech SU-231-PEQ (EOTech 553)
EOTech SU-231A-PEQ (EOTech EXPS03)
ACOG SU-237 (TA01-ECOS)
EOTech/Aimpoint 3x magnifiers

IR Lasers:
Insight AN/PEQ-15/LA-5

Flashlight:
Insight M3 (SU-233/PVS)
Insight WMX200

Rear sight:
KAC 300m
KAC 600m
MaTech

Buttstock:
standard M4 (both older CAR style and newer "LE" style)
LMT SOPMOD

some reference pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

early block II

more early Block IIs

Just to reiterate, you don't have to have an EXACT copy of a Block II M4A1 to post your rifle up here, but the purpose is to post pictures of our rifles that we've made specifically to emulate the issue Block II weapon system - if you've got a midlength carbine with an UBR stock that just happens to have a RIS II on it it is likely you did not intend the rifle be a "clone" of the newest generation M4A1, and probably doesn't belong in this picture thread.

Rifles that have no Block II components ie standard M4geries with Block I Optics do not embody the purpose of this thread and though they are nice weapons in their own right, shouldn't be posted in this thread to avoid unnecessary clutter.

Originally Posted By Augee:

The easiest visual discriminator of whether you're looking at a SOPMOD equipped M4A1 or an MWS M4 is usually the identity of who is holding it.  If it's a SOF troop, it's probably a SOPMOD M4[A1].  If it's a conventional troop, it's probably an M4 MWS.

SOPMOD = SOF
MWS = Conventional

The SOPMOD program was initially fielded in 1996, and the two have not significantly converged or crossed over at all since then, and there is almost no commonality between systems used in the two.   They are separate lines of development and evolution managed by two totally different components (Army and Navy).

SOPMOD is run by NSWC-Crane to equip SOF M4A1 Carbines with accessories.  There are two distinct "blocks" as identified by NSWC-Crane PowerPoints as the primary source of information, however, there was a "transitional period" of several years in which carbines with items from both blocks were used.  Because of a PowerPoint slide that was published (IIRC?) 2006 showing a block labeled "phased replacement," it has become the colloquial term for "transitional" configurations.

"Block x" does NOT refer, in an "official" sense to a specific configuration of rifle.  It refers to specific modifications (read accessories) to the SOF M4A1 weapon system that are managed by Crane.

Colloquially we refer to M4A1s with accessories from the first block of the SOPMOD program as "Block 1," while using "Block 2" to describe carbines with the RIS II, one of the last components of the second block of the SOPMOD program to be fielded.  Carbines with the accessories/features of both blocks of the SOPMOD program, but without the RIS II, we refer to as "Phased Replacement."  It is important to note, however, that this colloquial classification is generally limited to this thread, and others both here and on other sites that feed off of it.

The important thing to understand is that the SOPMOD program is almost always limited to SOF only, and 99% of the time, the "actual" weapon in question will be an M4A1, not an M4.

The M4 is a conventional forces weapon system, and is totally separate from the SOPMOD program and SOF modifications, though they were "inspired" by the SOPMOD program, almost every single actual item is different.

The M4 is managed by the Army overall through TACOM, though the Marine Corps also manages their own programs through their own directorates for their specific incarnation of the M4.

The M4 is a conventional forces platform, and is upgraded through modular weapon system (MWS) upgrades.  There are no specific blocks, increments, or generations, and their specifics vary by time period, unit, and MTOE.

~Augee
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
GDI is really nice. You can mount the acog forward or aft depending on the holes used, and it clears a kac buis no prob. Lean also makes a spacer if you need some extra height.
I run a GDI on both my ta31 and ta33. Both are rock solid and built like tanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
M lock now block II kosher? Any idea what rail is on that m4 ? Definitely looks like mlock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:07:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yankeefoxtrot] [#3]
I agree.  Botach having those gdi mounts for $40 is great.  I paid almost $220 for my comp cmc5 for my aimpoint, which I like more than the larue.

Hopefully I'll have a 553 in my future.

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
M lock now block II kosher? Any idea what rail is on that m4 ? Definitely looks like mlock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351853/Screenshot-2017-04-14-21-44-09-1-187563.JPG
View Quote
That appears to be a 416 and not a Block II.  IIRC Remington made a 416 rail.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mb121:

That appears to be a 416 and not a Block II.  IIRC Remington made a 416 rail.
View Quote
Delta's using Geissele rails on their 416s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Well GDI mount it is
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Haven't had my GDI mount for long, but it feels sturdy AF... and for $40

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
peq came in, not at all front heavy

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:
Haven't had my GDI mount for long, but it feels sturdy AF... and for $40

http://i67.tinypic.com/eqp7ys.png
View Quote
+1

I've used the standard stock ACOG mounts, ADM QD mounts, Larue QD mounts, and the GDI mount... for the money you can find them for from Botach, GDI mounts are hard to beat and return to zero just fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#10]
Originally Posted By SEAMONSTAH:
peq came in, not at all front heavy

http://i.imgur.com/IPSE6FW.jpg
View Quote
Is that a clone of the rifle in that youtube video of the guys on the hill behind the bank? 2.5-10?

2 sf4p's and an ris fde fsp on the way....
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
got a DD mk18 pistol and just got bit with a block 2 clone bug hard... unexpectedly; thats project 3 for me

this thread is an amazing resource... but I also had another question that fits into the clone realm... project 2

FBI HRT.

I have the geissele rail, 10in mk4 from the contract.
I beleive they run 11.5in guns.

anyone have any specs for a FBI HRT clone?

(project 1 is my 308 PRS gun... its expensive)
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEAMONSTAH] [#12]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

Is that a clone of the rifle in that youtube video of the guys on the hill behind the bank? 2.5-10?

2 sf4p's and an ris fde fsp on the way....
View Quote
Not exactly, but that video is my justification for the 2.5-10x24

Would need an offset t1 and a bunch of magpul rail covers to be a clone of that specific rifle. Tried the offset t1 for a little while, was not a fan.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Not exactly, but that video is my justification for the 2.5-10x24

Would need an offset t1 and a bunch of magpul rail covers to be a clone of that specific rifle. Tried the offset t1 for a little while, was not a fan.

http://i.imgur.com/bV1dXfD.jpg
View Quote
Gotcha. Ive been thinking of an elcan on a block 2 but im not a huge fan of the 2.5-10 on the mk12 so thinking of moving it over to the ii and running more magnificaton on it. Any video or pic of the 2.5-10x24 on a block  2 fsp?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Gotcha. Ive been thinking of an elcan on a block 2 but im not a huge fan of the 2.5-10 on the mk12 so thinking of moving it over to the ii and running more magnificaton on it. Any video or pic of the 2.5-10x24 on a block  2 fsp?
View Quote
I think that one video is the only time I've seen the NF on a block II, otherwise you see leupold's and kahles when it comes to variables.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#15]

I think that one video is the only time I've seen the NF on a block II, otherwise you see leupold's and kahles when it comes to variables.
View Quote
Kahles? Really? Im learning the block 2 game, but ive not seen one pic/ video of a kahles.... i kinda dont wanna use the fsp rail, anybody wanna trade this unopened fsp fde for a non fsp fde?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Kahles? Really? Im learning the block 2 game, but ive not seen one pic/ video of a kahles.... i kinda dont wanna use the fsp rail, anybody wanna trade this unopened fsp fde for a non fsp fde?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Where's that guy that always talks bad about Bobro? 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
2015 Ranger Rendezvous Stress Shoot

NF optic during this video as well
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:52:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#19]
Originally Posted By DKamps:
got a DD mk18 pistol and just got bit with a block 2 clone bug hard... unexpectedly; thats project 3 for me

this thread is an amazing resource... but I also had another question that fits into the clone realm... project 2

FBI HRT.

I have the geissele rail, 10in mk4 from the contract.
I beleive they run 11.5in guns.

anyone have any specs for a FBI HRT clone?

(project 1 is my 308 PRS gun... its expensive)
View Quote
I don't think there are any specific FBI or HRT clone gun threads, but the HRT uses HK416s and FBI regional SWAT teams, from what I understand, use everything from 14.5 M4 builds to 11.5-14.5 inch DI guns usually wearing lots of troy rails, acogs, eotechs, and aimpoints of various flavors

to mention at least something about MK18s, before the FBI HRT switched over to HK416s, one would see pictures and videos of them running what looked to be 10.3 inch MK18s wearing PEQs and Eotech 552s, I would speculate because the HRT works alongside .mil teams overseas and cross trains with military teams as well that there would be some bleed over in equipment and weapons. Quite frankly, an FBI HRT shooter looks pretty much like a DEVGRU or CAG guy minus the beard and sleeve tats these days.

this is an old screen cap of an FBI HRT recruiting video from about 8 years ago. MK18ish gun with BE Myers flash hider, Eotech, and ATPIAL

EDIT: My bad, forgot this is the Block II thread not the MK18 thread...  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#20]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9YtUGMubAE

View Quote
Very cool, I hadn't seen this video before thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262192/29094093322-23abca3953-b-190472.JPG
What model khales that is?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

I think that's a bushnell elite tactical smrs 1x6
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Swapped in a colt 4 position receiver extension and got a colt ambi-safety off the ee. Hopefully I'll get a pass on the end plate for now....I still need to get a cqd. I'm planning on picking an acog up from a buddy in a few weeks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351853/Screenshot-2017-04-14-21-44-09-1-187563.JPG
View Quote
Hk416.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Swapped in a colt 4 position receiver extension and got a colt ambi-safety off the ee. Hopefully I'll get a pass on the end plate for now....I still need to get a cqd. I'm planning on picking an acog up from a buddy in a few weeks.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_1319.jpg
View Quote
I don't think that's a Colt ambi safety.

I think that's a specialized Armament one. The Colt ambi safety has a short right side lever.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#27]
Originally Posted By joglee:

I think that's a specialized Armament one. The Colt ambi safety has a short right side lever.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_1319.jpg

It's a Specialized....my bad!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Who doesn't like more pictures.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Starting the block 2 game full throttle , and i have less than you think invested in all this. Is the dark shit colored dd rails the ones that people want or lighter? Just removed this one from a sealed silver bag for pic.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Starting the block 2 game full throttle , and i have less than you think invested in all this. Is the dark shit colored dd rails the ones that people want or lighter? Just removed this one from a sealed silver bag for pic.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k547/gadgetguy799/Guns/20170420_175015_zps9j0si7gn.jpg
View Quote
There is no lighter, there is black and there is DD doo doo FDE color.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By INFIDELSF85:

View Quote
It seems some people make a big deal over a lighter anodizing vs darker of the fde, so thats where i get the shades question from. Ive noticed this quite a bit on the kac 99051 sightsas well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#32]
It seems some people make a big deal over a lighter anodizing vs darker of the fde, so thats where i get the shades question from. Ive noticed this quite a bit on the kac 99051 sightsas well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By INFIDELSF85:

That's what happens when the clone disease metastasizes and it usually becomes a terminal case.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Sure, there are minor differences in their anodizing, but most of it has to do with lighting of pics.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Will a KAC micro buis front sight post fit in a KAC 99051?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
View Quote
No. Both are proprietary but you could probably mod a standard front sight post to fit in the non micro front BUIS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
No. Both are proprietary but you could probably mod a standard front sight post to fit in the non micro front BUIS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Probably not worth it. I want to piggyback an rmr on my acog so if I ever resort to using tertiary sights I probably won't be shooting past 300m to where a narrower fsp would be useful
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Block1 and Block2
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#38]
No idea who these guys are. Looks legit though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#39]
MARSOC Block 2 which I guess isn't technically a Block 2.

Anyone have any idea of what red dot and mount he's running? J-point, insight mrds, RMR?

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#40]
http://i.imgur.com/GGqCf8v.jpg
View Quote
It's legit.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Delta with 416's and Geissele rails?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
The guys on the left def have M4A1s.

I use my phone's zoom on max brightness and it's def a RIS II.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#43]

The guys on the left def have M4A1s.

I use my phone's zoom on max brightness and it's def a RIS II.
View Quote
Well yea, but the guys on the right have 416's with Geissele rails which is a setup delta has been seen running. Guys on left could be delta or training with delta
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Anyone have any idea of what red dot and mount he's running? J-point, insight mrds, RMR?

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u613/SKSh762hunter/IMG_0466_zpsexbt8zd7.jpeg
View Quote
Here's a more zoomed in. Clearest I could get it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Yep. That pic was taken in Africa last year or the year before.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
http://i.imgur.com/GGqCf8v.jpg
It's legit.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a6/b7/0d/a6b70db2c46b7466ca7db0c15fa91360.jpg
Doesn't that Delta guy know his SERPA holster will make him have a ND
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#47]

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u613/SKSh762hunter/IMG_0466_zpsexbt8zd7.jpeg
View Quote
Are you talking "offset" of the ACOG? If so, that looks more like the Tenebraex kill flash for the ACOG; I think I can see the rubber band holding it on n the zoomed pic.

I don't see how an offset MRDS would fit in that location with a typical ACOG mount.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Well yea, but the guys on the right have 416's with Geissele rails which is a setup delta has been seen running. Guys on left could be delta or training with delta
View Quote
The guys on the left are French I believe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:
Are you talking "offset" of the ACOG? If so, that looks more like the Tenebraex kill flash for the ACOG; I think I can see the rubber band holding it on n the zoomed pic.

I don't see how an offset MRDS would fit in that location with a typical ACOG mount.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Ooooh I see that now. Looked like a setup too good to be true
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By K_weez:

The guys on the left are French I believe.
View Quote
Guy far left is French SOF. Guy next to him is US.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top