Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:47:51 PM EDT
why mid length gas system over carbine length?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the midlenght. I have both with the middy you have a longer sight radius, smoother gas system, longer handguard area, and less wear and tear on the gun. I really like my BCM middy a lot more than my LMT CAR because of those reasons.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Cray pretty much nailed it. its just a better design. remember the AR was originally designed with a 20" barrel. and I believe the carbine gas system was developed for the old 10.5" car-15's back in Nam with the modorators. its hardly a good design for the 16" barrels us civilians are stuck with.

car for 10.5-12"
mid for 14.5-16"
rifle for 18-20"

and really the super long 24" bull barrels need something longer than what they have.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
More reliable IIRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would go with the midlenght. I have both with the middy you have a longer sight radius, smoother gas system, longer handguard area, and less wear and tear on the gun. I really like my BCM middy a lot more than my LMT CAR because of those reasons.

This. If I could only own one AR, it'd be a mid length.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
dupe
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top