Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2009 12:04:06 PM EDT
What does the 'AK' thats stamped on the other side of the bolt from 'MP' stand for?
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Avtomat Kalashnikova
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Avtomat Kalashnikova

And what is this? Should this be something I should know?
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Avtomat Kalashnikova

And what is this? Should this be something I should know?

lmao

Avtomat Kalashkinova is the AK in "AK47"

I'm curious to this as well though, I noticed this marking on my LMT bolt too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Mp stands for muddy puppies

or

Magnetic Particle Inspection
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
OK so I asked before searching what Avtomat Kalashnikova was, but now I see and still don't make sense of it?

I know what MP stands for, and the new BCG came with MIM gas key as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK so I asked before searching what Avtomat Kalashnikova was, but now I see and still don't make sense of it?

Quoted:

It was a joke. An AK47 is another very popular weapon system, if you were unaware. Theres also a forum for it here.

We're still waiting for a definite answer as to what the AK on your bolt stands for.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a joke.

I see but thought I may still have some relevance to the markings.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine has 'AA'. I thought it was a timestamp or something..
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What does the 'AK' thats stamped on the other side of the bolt from 'MP' stand for?

Pics would help
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Timestamp.  AA, AB, AC.....AK

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Timestamp.  AA, AB, AC.....AK

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+1
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a joke. An AK47 is another very popular weapon system, if you were unaware. Theres also a forum for it here.

We're still waiting for a definite answer as to what the AK on your bolt stands for.

This is the main problem with this forum, it's just becoming a place for jokes. People ask for help they ask questions and what do they get. Stupid JOKES.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the main problem with this forum, it's just becoming a place for jokes. People ask for help they ask questions and what do they get. Stupid JOKES.

I agree.
Honestly though that was kind of funny.

Probably just have to write lmt (Gene) an e-mail on this one. It would be the quickest, and obviously most accurate route. He has gotten back to me the same day with replies most times.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Probably just have to write lmt (Gene) an e-mail on this one. It would be the quickest, and obviously most accurate route. He has gotten back to me the same day with replies most times.

Why would he need to do that when the answer was already given above?
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Why would he need to do that when the answer was already given above?

Thought it was just speculation. Didn't realize it was a definitive answer. By your context Im assuming that was the answer though. Okay.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#16]
IIRC, AK = '09
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top