BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:01:02 AM EDT
Well you guys were right.  BRD hits and hits hard.  I spent a lot of time on this site, looking, asking, wondering, asking more, then finally deciding on a Colt 6721.  I had always wanted one and once I got it, I loved it.  

It wasnt long after that the BRD hit, and I started thinking about a second one.  Of course, if you have one Pony, you need a second right?  My Colt 6920 arrived today.  I purchased it from Code 4, LLC.  I couldnt be happier with the transaction.  Mike was awesome about returning email, answering questions, and keeping me updated on the process.  The LE discount was good on top of an already great price.  

A nice package of LaRue goodies arrived the same day.  I need to finish up the 6721 with optics before I start ordering LaRue clothing for the 6920.  Anyway, a big thank you to everyone that has offered their help.  This is a great site with a ton of information.

Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice weapon... and I really like that T-shirt.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
She is a beauty.
There is  something about a bone stock 6920
that holds appeal to me.
What did she run you?
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice pair of horses, I went with a 6400/6520 combo for my pair. Being in LE the 6920 has been beckoning also, maybe I'll make it a trio.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hell of a price.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice pair of horses, I went with a 6400/6520 combo for my pair. Being in LE the 6920 has been beckoning also, maybe I'll make it a trio.

After holding this one for the first time, I think you would love to have one riding around in the car with you.  Three is better than two!
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell of a price.

Well done!
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet! Picked one up this week just like it and thought I did good for $1275, but you did even better. Can't wait to get it to the range.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice!!  I have not shot mine yet either...  I agree!  You can never have to many Colts in the stable.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#11]
jealousy....I want a colt now
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing shoots like a 6920 either. I LOVE mine and won't ever be selling it. Congrats on your new addition.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
very nice now you need another one, Maybe a 20 inch rifle this time!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 2:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]
My next rifle will be a LaRue, but I havent decided on what one exactly yet.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice...
The best AR-15 out of the box is 6920, some day I will have my second one...
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#16]
dukhnt,

How does this transfer deal work? My brother is looking into maybe getting one of these and I would also like to know how the transfer process works as it appears that most of the guns I'm looking into have to be done that way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice little collection you've started.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
dukhnt,

How does this transfer deal work? My brother is looking into maybe getting one of these and I would also like to know how the transfer process works as it appears that most of the guns I'm looking into have to be done that way.

I dont think I understand your question.  Are you wondering how to obtain a gun from somewhere other than your local gunshop, or are you in Law Enforcement and are wondering what needs to be done in order to receive one of these direct to your department?

You can ask me here, or you can shoot me an IM, im more than happy to help, I just need to know exactly what you mean.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice!!!  I don't want to be a party pooper, but just for informational purposes:  I paid $1350 for my 6920.  Last weekend my dad bought one from a gun show dealer.  He had a stack of them, and a sign that said "Sale!  $1149".  It made me sick to my stomach, and I swear if I had any money I'd have two 6920's right now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice pair of ponies.
I love mine too.
I had one of my 6920's converted to gas piston by Todd @ PWS.
It runs like a Top, in my opinion, it's the best of both worlds.
Colt / Gas Piston.
jvg04
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent deal at $1149.  Its one of those things that I would have been happy paying 1350 for, but obviously ever little bit helps.  It seems like you always run across these types of deals when you dont have any money...that or you just paid 200 dollars more for the item a week prior
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Who can I contact if I wanted to purchase a 6920?

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
Nice pair of ponies.
I love mine too.
Colt / Gas Piston.
jvg04

How did they convert it?  I haven't done much research on it, or how well they work, but know that BM had a piston conversion kit.  I was just contemplating trying to get one of the new 1020's (Colt's M4 piston) .  
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dukhnt,

I dont think I understand your question.  Are you wondering how to obtain a gun from somewhere other than your local gunshop, or are you in Law Enforcement and are wondering what needs to be done in order to receive one of these direct to your department?

You can ask me here, or you can shoot me an IM, im more than happy to help, I just need to know exactly what you mean.  

No I'm not LE, I'm just looking to better understand the steps in the process of a transfer through my local gunshop.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Who can I contact if I wanted to purchase a 6920?

77Bronc

I purchased mine from Mike at Code 4 LLC.  They sell to Law Enforcement and non LE as well.  Do a google for the company name and it comes right up.  Good luck
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
dukhnt,

No I'm not LE, I'm just looking to better understand the steps in the process of a transfer through my local gunshop.

All you need to do is obtain a copy of a FFL from where you would like your gun shipped.  There is usually a charge to receive your gun at the local shop (common prices range from 20-50 dollars)  Once you obtain a copy of the FFL, you can contact whatever company you are purchasing the firearm from and work out arrangements to send them the copy of the FFL.  Once they receive it, they will ship the gun to the locality of choosing.  When it arrives, you will complete the paperwork there and skip home, the happy owner of a new gun!  Make sense?
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks dukhnt, sounds pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Got any pics of the right side?
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Well done!
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Got any pics of the right side?

Here ya go

Link Posted: 8/17/2008 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sweet!

Indeed.

The factory stock '920 is a thing of beauty.

Congratulations, dukhnt!!

Link Posted: 8/17/2008 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice pair of ponies.
I love mine too.
Colt / Gas Piston.
jvg04

How did they convert it?  I haven't done much research on it, or how well they work, but know that BM had a piston conversion kit.  I was just contemplating trying to get one of the new 1020's (Colt's M4 piston) .  

I love it & it runs great.
I sent my upper off to Todd @ PWS. He did the gas piston conversion, mounted a DD 9.5 FSB rail and PWS 556fsc.
It runs clean, functions flawlessly and his flash supressor is unbeatable.
PWS / Todd = a Great company, great customer service and awesome products.
I'm a satisfied customer.
I was going to wait for the Colt too but it's been a long wait.
jvg04

if you want more info IM or e-mail
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]
thinking about any optics yet? I recommend the ACOG, I love all mine
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Super sweet.

There's something about being the first one to remove a new Colt from that plastic bag it comes in!

I got to do that with my new 6520 I bought six months ago, which I love.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi dukhnt:

That is one sweet rifle. It seems from the pictures that it has the new safety selector that can be swapped for left and right hand users.

I am curious about the bolt carrier, Is it an M16 carrier, Pics of the Bolt carrier would be nice.

I have one inbound from Mike at Code 4, LLC and I could not be happier with their Customer service. Mike has been awesome.

Thanks for sharing and Congratulations on a great rifle.

ETA: Are those oversize fire control pins, they look pretty small in the pics.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
thinking about any optics yet? I recommend the ACOG, I love all mine

I think for the 6721 I am going to try a Leupold MRT, as that gun wont be going to work much, so it wont see any door kicking etc etc.  (If I get an ACOG this will be the gun it will go on)

For the 6920 I am going to go with an Aimpoint M4 with a 3X behind it.  All set up with LaRue mounts of course.  

I thought about the ACOG, and I may end up trying one sooner or later.  I know they are amazing optic, but I'm not sure if they are for me or not.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hi dukhnt:

That is one sweet rifle. It seems from the pictures that it has the new safety selector that can be swapped for left and right hand users.

I am curious about the bolt carrier, Is it an M16 carrier, Pics of the Bolt carrier would be nice.

I have one inbound from Mike at Code 4, LLC and I could not be happier with their Customer service. Mike has been awesome.

Thanks again

+1 to what's in red.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Pics of the Bolt carrier would be nice.

That.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Hay, what is the warranty on your Colt 6920? The M4Carbine.net "CHART" would like to know if it's a lifetime or a 1 year warranty and rob_s the "CHART" keeper needs to see a pic of the warranty card for proof before he can put the updated info in the chart.

So if you could get a pic of it that would be great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Im a koolaid drinker too but I wish Colt wouldn't shave off the selector stops and I wish they would stamp safe and fire on the right side of the lower like it is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Whadda thread!   The "opening up" of a brand new 6920LE.....there's nothing like
it, except maybe your wedding night...mebby !   Have a blast with your two girls.
That's it! I'm gonna go fondle my ponies right NOW !!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi dukhnt:

Thanks again

+1 to what's in red.

I will be more than happy to take some more pictures of the bolt carrier for you guys, and the warranty card (if there is one, I havent looked through the paperwork)  Is there something specific about the bolt carrier you are looking for.  A certain angle, or a specific part of it?  

Let me know, thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi dukhnt:

Thanks again

+1 to what's in red.

I will be more than happy to take some more pictures of the bolt carrier for you guys, and the warranty card (if there is one, I havent looked through the paperwork)  Is there something specific about the bolt carrier you are looking for.  A certain angle, or a specific part of it?  

Let me know, thanks guys

I would just like to see some nice Colt staking.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Niiiice!
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#47]
The underside of the bolt carrier, to see if it is of the M16 type. These will completely shroud the firing pin and the rear will be a full circle with a small notch on the underside, thanks again and congrats once more,

Link Posted: 8/21/2008 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Every place I called where I live couldn't get an M4 style. Only thing they could get me was a colt match target. I bought it but would have rather had a colt M4.

Could you please tell me where you got yours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I picked up one last week at a local dealer that had a stack of them, Savannah, GA
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Every place I called where I live couldn't get an M4 style. Only thing they could get me was a colt match target. I bought it but would have rather had a colt M4.

Could you please tell me where you got yours.

Call Mike at Code 4 LLC.  Law Enforcement price is 1249.  Non - LE is 1299.  I will take pictures tonight of those other parts...off to work.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top