BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not going to read all the previous pages but rather just jump in.

Currently I have 6 Bushmasters and 2 Colt 6920.
In the past 20 or so years I have owned 3 or 4 other Colts and 3 or 4 other Bushys.

I have shot IPSC 3 gun since the mid 80's before IPSC sanctioned it and I have shot many many thousands of rounds through the rifles. In my limited personal hands on experience, I have had no better service with the Colts than the Bushmasters.

I have never had the plastic bottom thing on the trigger pose a problem, I have never experienced anything that would remotely be caused because of the lack of M4 feedramps, I have never had a barrel burst, a bolt fail or the the staked bolt come loose. I have had a Colt FCG fail in a match.

I realise this is not scientific, but neither is this rant of Internet folklore.

I like my Colts just fine. I also like my Bushmasters, they are what I shoot day-in/day-out, and they are good to go in my book. I'm not suggesting that no one has had problems with Bushys, but as I am sure someone has pointed out, the shear numbers of Bushmasters in the market dictates that more of them will show up simply because of their numbers, even if they had the exact same fault rate as Colt or anyone else.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My...how things change...when I first joined this site all you heard was how BM was great! "Second only to Colt" and the like was commonly stated. I own 3 bushmaster rifles and have had no problems. I hope this is indeed just bad internet hype.  

Has their QC really gotten that bad?

under new management They were and are great, I havent had any problems.

Their shipping charges are still insane.

They do make a good rifle though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
no ansewer huh..  preponderance of the evidence? only hersay. not admissible in court.

I guess we are done here since you wont put up real numbers.

have a great weekend.

later

Numbers I don't have access to and evidence that is unnecessary to meet the necessary standard.

Is photographic evidence heresay?  Click on the link and see for yourself.

As it is, your mind is made up, no need to bother you with facts.  No matter the quality of evidence you are presented, you will simply move the goalpost further rather than admit you were in error.

Not here say, but you failed to lay the proper predicate.  Are you two lawyers are just pretending?  

For what its worth - of my 4 AR's one is a BM and it's my KISS go to.  100% reliable so far.  

State Bar of Texas member since 2004  24043***
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

For what its worth - of my 4 AR's one is a BM and it's my KISS go to. 100% reliable so far.

And that is anecdote.  The plural of anecdote is not data.

Actually, the plural of anecdote is anecdotes or anecdota.  Keep humping your thesaurus and dictionary, and maybe people will stop buying Bushmasters.  How much is Colt paying you for this crap?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Did i come in at a wrong time ?.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For what its worth - of my 4 AR's one is a BM and it's my KISS go to. 100% reliable so far.

And that is anecdote.  The plural of anecdote is not data.

Actually, the plural of anecdote is anecdotes or anecdota.  Keep humping your thesaurus and dictionary, and maybe people will stop buying Bushmasters.  How much is Colt paying you for this crap?

How much are your paid for your ad-homenim attack?  Less than that I am by Colt for sure.

Okay, so you admit being a dictionary humper AND a COMPENSATED Colt agent.  Thank you and good night.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#11]
beats me but i see no use arguing over such a small detail.I mean you could be wrong. lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Only the weakest orators hide defeat in cliche's.  Nice exit.  Have fun with your grandmother AND her wagon.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Well i bet he makes more commission than you think but he does support a good reliable product.However i'm not saying colt is bad you undertand.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#16]
If you compare close to the same price for a RRA the RRA gives you: two-stage trigger and dual heat shield handguards (entry tactical model).

I think those are worth it.  I've bought Bushy before, and won't again.  They never gave me any functional problems, worked 100%, but I'd rather have a nicer trigger and dual heat shields. The Bushy finish was also crap.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a colt once and liked it but i'll probably never have another,i'm looking at the bushmaster line now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only the weakest orators hide defeat in cliche's.  Nice exit.  Have fun with your grandmother AND her wagon.  

[drevil]riiiggghhhttt......[/drevil]

Don't confuse a time-tested truism for a weak rhetorical device counsellor!

PANIC TYPE................PANIC TYPE.................I'll be here all week.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[drevil]riiiggghhhttt......[/drevil]

Don't confuse a time-tested truism for a weak rhetorical device counsellor!

Hmmm,didnt the colt have a lot of problems in the past ?.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
If anyone hates their Bushmaster, please sent them my way and I will find them a nice, warm home.

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
you brought up the issue of a mulitiude of bushmasters having problems. lets see the figures. it up to you since you are making the assertation.

if you can't just say so.  over 50,000 bushmastersin 06 alone vs 8000 colts. lets see the figures.

out of those 50,000 how many bad ones?

if not. i'll just have to"settle" for the fact you don't have an answer that is'nt cut and paste.

The Colt numbers exclude the monthly production of 7,000 to 8,000 M4 Carbines, and many M16's built and sold by the same plant, and all the rifles built at their Canadian plant.

Annual would be over 100,000.

Not sure if this changes your premise, as I also believe many BM 'quality issues' are internet embelishment.

Not to say they didn't move a lot of canted FSB's, guns without feedramps,  weak or absent staking on carrier keys, etc.  They did. Ironically, those problems could be fixed in 2 days if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you brought up the issue of a mulitiude of bushmasters having problems. lets see the figures. it up to you since you are making the assertation.

if you can't just say so.  over 50,000 bushmastersin 06 alone vs 8000 colts. lets see the figures.

if not. i'll just have to"settle" for the fact you don't have an answer that is'nt cut and paste.

The Colt numbers exclude the monthly production of 7,000 to 8,000 M4 Carbines, and many M16's built and sold by the same plant, and all the rifles built at their Canadian plant.

Not sure if this changes your premise, as I also believe many BM 'quality issues' are internet embelishment.

Not to say they didn't move a lot of canted FSB's, guns without feedramps,  weak or absent staking on carrier keys, etc.  They did. Ironically, those problems could be fixed in 2 days if they wanted to.

exactly. I was saying that these were civy not mil contract weapons. strictly talking civilian weapons here. not muddying the waters further  by including mil contract weapons we dont know about possible issues.

colt misses things too.. the point is some take an elitist attitude toward anything that is'nt colt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Well this last page of posts have sure been interesting...
I think it boils down to personal preference...
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You mean 40 plus year ago after the Army changed the powder and did not tell Colt.

Why should the army tell colt ?,those rifles were in use and not new ones from colt.They had been in service for a few years .Blame the army,blame colt but they still failed and that was a shame to our troops.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well this last page of posts have sure been interesting...
I think it boils down to personal preference...

Yep
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#30]

They might miss a carrier key every blue moon but they dont put out tens of thousands with insuffifient staking over a 15 year peroid and not correct their process like Bushmaster has done. This tells me they aren't even trying.

Of course Colt misses things, it is just they miss less by an order of magnitude because they actually have an active QA/QC program designed to catch problems. You find more problems if you actually look for them.

10'sof thousands is something you'll have to prove. no way you can substanciate this. they must be going out of business because of all the returns.

give some hard data or it's just more internet embelishment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]
since we don't how many bushmasters you have personally inspected and documented.it can't just be taken at face value at this point. since you've shown that you will defend colt to the end and bash bushmaster in the same breath.  bias anyone.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#33]
yea,colt really did some back peddeling on that one,i dont think colt specified it had to be a "certain" brand of powder.Lots went on about all the blaming,the army could of used a different powder but they wernt told it had to be a certain kind of powder.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think it amounts to bad batches, or should I say poorly built ones. Ive owned more than a couple and the only thing I really remember being consistent was a crap finish. We sold a slew of them at gunshows and I really only had 3 brought back for anything serious but we did discount a few that looked like Century did the builds on them and these were all straight from JSC.

The crap finish you mention is what put the bad taste in my mouth.. I bought DPMS, was finished MUCH nicer inside and out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly. I was saying that these were civy not mil contract weapons. strictly talking civilian weapons here. not muddying the waters further  by including mil contract weapons we dont know about possible issues.

colt misses things too.. the point is some take an elitist attitude toward anything that is'nt colt.

They might miss a carrier key every blue moon but they dont put out tens of thousands with insuffifient staking over a 15 year peroid and not correct their process like Bushmaster has done.  This tells me they aren't even trying.

Of course Colt misses things, it is just they miss less by an order of magnitude because they actually have an active QA/QC program designed to catch problems.  You find more problems if you actually look for them.

Well........I've seen tens of "bazillions and zitzions to the google plex power time two" that were done properly, my dad is bigger than your dad, etc.............What does "this" tell you oh wise Stoner Sage?........Don't buy a BM HeavyMetal.....be happy with what you have.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean 40 plus year ago after the Army changed the powder and did not tell Colt.

Why should the army tell colt ?,those rifles were in use and not new ones from colt.They had been in service for a few years .Blame the army,blame colt but they still failed and that was a shame to our troops.

It would have been nice if the Army had consulted Colt before they changed the powder away from the one specified in the design of the wepon.  How can Colt be to blame for changes it did not authorize?

Is Honda to blame if you decide to run 10W-40 in a motor designed to use 5W-20 and it ruins the engine?

sure sound like you're defending them here. I haven't bashed colt at all I simply point out that they do turn out a lemon just like everyone else.

another question to ask is how many of the recent colts are safe queens? I've seen countless post asking how much is my colt worth? Is this the original box. etc.

they only thing that comes close to the blind loyalty of the colt people is that of the glock people. ( i have 3 of them btw) but I do not have that kind of fanaticism.

we get it you are proud of your colt. good for you.  enjoy it.  but at the end of the dayit's still item made by imperfect people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Why don't we think YOU own a Bushmaster...........

Top 10 reasons Heavy Metal doesn't own a Bushmaster:

10. He can't afford one.
9.  He can't pass the background check.
8.  Nobody will give him a ride to the "gun" store.
7.  The recoil "hurts."
6.  He's afraid of snakes.
5.  He really wants another pony.
4.  He heard it isn't "mil-spec."
3.  He's intimidated by anything with the initials B.M.
2.  They don't come in pink.
1.  He's too busy parroting unsubstantiated bullshit.

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Who said you had a Colt........other than you of course.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I still say you are defending colt but all i can see is a pissing match that wont be answered on this post.
Just for my own satisifaction how old are you ?. Not making anything out of your age but i'm just courous.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I bet he's "tens of thousands" of years old.  And he's had more Colts than Sam.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#48]
But clearly too young to spell "the" and "prefer"............how many feet will fit in your mouth duder?

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Illiterate.........whatever makes you feel better.  
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top