Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quite frankly, I think the number of "they won't use them anyways", "they won't get off their asses and do anything", and "the weapons will just be used against us" replies are fucking ignorant.

My "ignorance" comes from spending a year training and operating with Iraqi Soldiers. I can't speak for every Iraqi Soldier, but I can speak about the 250 that I worked with daily and the rest of their battalion I saw in action. I think it is a pretty good sampling. They simply will not maintain them to standard.

Sorry for the confusion.  When I said ignorant, I was referring to people who said that in general they do not have the will or desire to employ them in securing their own country, as opposed to shooting at us.  Maintenance is another issue entirely, and probably is a good reason to think long and hard about issuing M16's.
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
As soon as the first GI gets hit by one of the rounds from these resold weapons you should reconsider the definition of ignorance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt is selling to Iraq, but attempting to avoid civilian sales of evil rifles?

This ought to be good.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Just read in American Rifleman (not quite as solid on information as Soldier of Fiction, so beware) that a Turkish plant has been/is being licensed to produce the M4s for Colt in that neck of the woods.

pat
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i have severe problems with iraqis getting us weapons, you can guarantee that US Soldiers will die from them, we need to keep our technology and weapons to ourselves

We Help IRAQ when they were at WAR with IRAN
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 2:10:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw this crap every day in Afghanistan......I trained the Afghan Army for a year.

-They would say "AK no good"
-It was beneath them to clean them
-dipped in diesel was about it, as someone else posted
-With constant BRM, they hajis would STILL pull the trigger with their eyes closed.

What can I say.....ENSHA-ALLAH, if Allah wants the weapon clean he will "will" it done, haji dont have to clean it!

There was a news report when I left the 'stan that the ANA (Afghan Army) was going to get M16A1s and A2.....

I figured the would last a week, never cleaned, and holy crap can you see those assholes takinga bolt apart to clean it (those who have been overthere will know what I am taking about!) better have a good supply of extra parts!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/24/2007 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just read in American Rifleman (not quite as solid on information as Soldier of Fiction, so beware) that a Turkish plant has been/is being licensed to produce the M4s for Colt in that neck of the woods.

pat

absolutely true (september 2005 announcement)

United States, Turkey
Turkish Arms Maker to Manufacture Colt's Rifles for Local and Export
Turkish Press
23 Sep 2005
ISTANBUL - Turkish weapon manufacture firm "Sarsilmaz" will cooperate with U.S. giant firm "Colt Defense" in rifle production. Under an agreement to be signed soon, Colt Defense's products will be manufactured outside North America for the first time, and be exported to other countries via Turkey. Latif Aral Alis, the Chairman of Executive Board of Sarsilmaz firm, and James R. Battaglini, an executive of the Colt Defense... ( gunpolicy.org )

Also Sept 2005

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top