Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2007 10:00:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
there are some gems in that thread
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
On another thread the seller offered the rifle for sale for $2600, but was blasted by the members for being around $1500 overpriced. His response was that it was that much because it was full auto. And I don't think it was the work of a troll either.
This was his last post.

"I can make it fully auto but as of naw it not fully auto. In Wyoming you can hunt with it as long as its a centerfire or 223 or biger. cbump i can chang it to fully or not. I have killed 2 deer with it just BECAUSE it was with me at the time of the kill but as for BIGgame I will say big NO!!!! i would not even try it. And i do live it Dallas for naw but i dont hunt in Txs just PIGs."
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On another thread the seller offered the rifle for sale for $2600, but was blasted by the members for being around $1500 overpriced. His response was that it was full auto. And I don't think it was the work of a troll either.
This was his last post.

"I can make it fully auto but as of naw it not fully auto. In Wyoming you can hunt with it as long as its a centerfire or 223 or biger. cbump i can chang it to fully or not. I have killed 2 deer with it just BECAUSE it was with me at the time of the kill but as for BIGgame I will say big NO!!!! i would not even try it. And i do live it Dallas for naw but i dont hunt in Txs just PIGs."

I thought that was priceless as well.

He's either going to offer someone a $1000 bump-firing lesson, or he is dumb enough to have bought a DIAS somewhere and doesn't understand the NFA laws.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, if you consider on page 2, one of the guys says the M16A2 isn't full auto...and the other refers to an AK as a semi auto SKS....

I'm pretty sure NONE of them have the foggiest idea which end the bullets come out of.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
there are some gems in that thread

You said it best. Good luck to those a-holes
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
Well, if you consider on page 2, one of the guys says the M16A2 isn't full auto...and the other refers to an AK as a semi auto SKS....

I'm pretty sure NONE of them have the foggiest idea which end the bullets come out of.

the M16A2 isnt full auto... its 3 rd bursthat

ETASE: one says that the M16A2 he used fired 3 rd burst and full auto lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the M16A2 isnt full auto... its 3 rd burst

ETA: maybe im just overlooking what your saying

so..by your own definition, the M16A2 is full auto.

It may be limited to 3 rounds at a time...but it still fires more than one round per pull of the trigger.

Look on page 2. The guy says that it is Safe and Semi auto only.

No mention of the third position on the selector, at all.

Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Those guys really know their weapons. Any way we can get them to sign up here.

A wealth of knowledge is being  wasted there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Man and I thought arfcom was bad...

But, that forum takes the cake!  $2600 for a bone stock Bushmaster with about $60 worth plastic Chinese crap.  What a tool!

And that Cbump guy thinking it's full auto... WTF?
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Just when I think we have a good chance of getting out to space, colonizing the moon and asteroids, developing an inter-solar trade system, and generally improving the lot of the human race, I read a thread like that...
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Those guys really know their weapons. Any way we can get them to sign up here.

A wealth of knowledge is being  wasted there.

I gave 'em a link to this place. We'll see if they join in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

It may be limited to 3 rounds at a time...but it still fires more than one round per pull of the trigger.

see this is why i added that edit hat... i wouldnt consider 3 round burst full auto BUT that doesnt meen its not... truce?
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

see this is why i added that edit  i read that about the safe and semi and laughed myself... i guess you could consider it to be full auto when it 3 round bursts since i guess it is automatically firing 2 more times... i just dont see it that way in my mind... simple misunderstanding there ... i wouldnt consider 3 round burst full auto BUT that doesnt meen its not... truce?

There WERE M16A2s that had SAFE-SEMI-BURST-AUTO Firre control groups, just not many of them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

see this is why i added that edit hat... i wouldnt consider 3 round burst full auto BUT that doesnt meen its not... truce?here

ive heard of the 4 position fire control groups but the way it was wrote the gun had SAFE, BURST, and AUTO, no semi...  

looks like more misunderstanding going on.. maybe im just too tired to get out what im thinkinghy.gif
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Cbump and the others are just playing along with the thread due to the guy calling it full auto on the for sale part of the forum. The sks statement was just a joke and not meant to be serious. They really are good guys. It is a Hunting based forum. The M16A2 thing the guy was talking about was about three round bursts being different from full auto. But looks like y'all have things just as confused on this thread too. hatNo one on that forum really believed it was full auto. At least not a legal full auto.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Steers and queers
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
The guy offering the rifle is from WI. hinking.gif
Besides, What does Oklahoma have to do with it?

"The only two things from Oklahoma are steers and queers, and I don't see any horns on you boy" Officer and a Gentleman 1982
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#18]
On the one hand, there are some real tards in that thread.

On the other hand, some people just like shooting guns and don't take the time to really learn much about them which could explain their lack of erudition.

Link Posted: 3/15/2007 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Same on your thread brother.

With the situation of Jim Zumbo's statements ultimately bringing to light that both sides the tactical shooter crowd and the hunting crowd needing to stand together. Especially with a new semi auto weapons ban on the horizon, statements like yours make it hard. We can fight together or fall separately.
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Practically, you are correct, but technically the ATF will call it FA. The 3-round burst can easily be changed for about $100 to true FA. It already has the sear (which constitutes a FA receiver), all it needs is a replacement of the trigger group parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

trust me...they make 'em in "auto" too
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#22]
cbump contacted me and asked that I clear up that no one over their believes it is full auto, nor do they think it is worth $2600. He tryed to join here but says his e mail was rejected or something.
Here is the classified add where the guys says it IS FULL AUTO.
www.texashuntingforum.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/176993/an/0/page/0#Post176993
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#23]
"M-16s I have shot weren't fully auto. Did you have it changed?"

Link Posted: 3/15/2007 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#24]
He is a perfect example of why I left Texas.

I hope the BATF raids his compound.
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I was doing inventory for our little police dept and Bushmaster Auto AR15s were bought for $763...  Don't know where, didn't look into it enough.
Link Posted: 3/15/2007 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#27]
after reading that thread, I now have to consider whether or not the 86 MG ban was a bad thing.............
Link Posted: 3/16/2007 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I was doing inventory for our little police dept and Bushmaster Auto AR15s were bought for $763...  Don't know where, didn't look into it enough.

LE and militray get the discounted price, due to the fact they buy them in bulk.  

I had a hard time swallowing a lot of the BS over there, but I am just glad there are not too many of them type folks over here.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top