User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 219
Posted: 11/21/2006 9:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot]
i'm lookin for some inspiration on my first recce style build. i'm a total noob to the style and will gladly take any information. i just got my LCW lower in and i'm itchin till i can buy the LPK (still havent decided which one yet).

if this is in the wrong forum then my bad
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
How are you liking the Razor HD LH?

I'm thinking of lightening up my rifles a little bit, but not sure I want to Sacrifice and illuminated reticle and I'm wondering how their light gathering capabilities are?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Yeah honestly no real reason except KAC is life is the only solid argument I have . Eye relief is pretty damn generous on the x32 I will say, Hence Why I put it up a little further. Your missing out brotha.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I don't see a point in BUIS in a set up like that.  I doubt it's a necessity either.   ESPECIALLY if you get an RDS.  You really need 3 sighting systems?  You wouldn't be able to access BUIS quickly anyways.....   I say it's good to go as is.  Except for the scope being so far back.  NF must allow you to be pretty close to it.  Sucks to be me to never been able to try one.  LOL.
Yeah honestly no real reason except KAC is life is the only solid argument I have . Eye relief is pretty damn generous on the x32 I will say, Hence Why I put it up a little further. Your missing out brotha.
Anyway you slice it, that is a fine carbine!!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Anyway you slice it, that is a fine carbine!!!!
View Quote
Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Does this count?

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4ger] [#5]
Originally Posted By gman556:

I'm thinking of lightening up my rifles a little bit, but not sure I want to Sacrifice and illuminated reticle and I'm wondering how their light gathering capabilities are?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gman556:

@gman556: When Vortex came out with these scopes (1.5-8, 2-10x40, 3-15x42) I was immediately smiling from ear to ear.

I have 2 of the 1.5-8s and they are excellent scopes.  I've only shot in colder weather with them (January and February) and I didn't think they were lacking in performance.

I like having the illumination of the Razor and Viper PSTs but razor glass in a lightweight package is wonderful.  My only request for the HD-LH line is to put the HSR-4 reticle in the 1.5-8 scopes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gman556] [#6]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
@gman556: When Vortex came out with these scopes (1.5-8, 2-10x40, 3-15x42) I was immediately smiling from ear to ear.

I have 2 of the 1.5-8s and they are excellent scopes.  I've only shot in colder weather with them (January and February) and I didn't think they were lacking in performance.

I like having the illumination of the Razor and Viper PSTs but razor glass in a lightweight package is wonderful.  My only request for the HD-LH line is to put the HSR-4 reticle in the 1.5-8 scopes.
View Quote
@M4ger

I like having the Illumination myself but the razor glass, and the lightweight is pretty appealing to me right now.

The ultimate would be that reticle and illumination in those!

Thanks for sharing the info with me my friend!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Sighted in the new recce this morning. One hiccup to figure out but I can already tell this rifle is gonna be a lot of fun.
Really need to get the paperwork started for an AEM5.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Sighted in the new recce this morning. One hiccup to figure out but I can already tell this rifle is gonna be a lot of fun.
View Quote
So much win in that picture. The rifle and the book....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y343/Chince17/Firearms/CB16B4A2-0A52-43A6-9CF2-370E7A1FFE3B_zpscnekqzaw.jpg
View Quote
What range are you shooting at?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:

What range are you shooting at?
View Quote
Upper Nisqually Gun Club out in Eatonville, if you ever wanna come check it out, let me know. 550yd range and a cool steel pistol setup as well. Plenty of steel to shoot at. Just PM me
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By minion42:

So much win in that picture. The rifle and the book....
View Quote
Thanks man! Loving the rifle a lot, and I need to read more with the book. Only so far into it lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks man! Loving the rifle a lot, and I need to read more with the book. Only so far into it lol
View Quote
Great photo. Got a link to the book?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Great photo. Got a link to the book?
View Quote
Thank you! I will shoot you and IM on where I got it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#16]
AEM5 purchased!
Form1 will also be going out soon. Now the long dreaded wait.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:37:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes sir they are.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:50:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bda1] [#18]
My humble offering to this thread.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bda1:
My humble offering to this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/UCt1wen.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]
AEM5 purchased!
View Quote
Congrats, I have one 2 month's in and another 1 month in. Trying to forget about it but it still sucks lol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Congrats, I have one 2 month's in and another 1 month in. Trying to forget about it but it still sucks lol.
View Quote
Very nice, I still want an NT4 for my cqbr and a .22 can for my daughters soon to be 10/22. Then I will be happy with suppressor's...for the time being lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
AEM5 purchased!
I'm headed into 10 months in July.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Very nice, I still want an NT4 for my cqbr and a .22 can for my daughters soon to be 10/22. Then I will be happy with suppressor's...for the time being lol
View All Quotes

Just barely hit a month for the NT4 I'm not the most patient either waiting on NFA item's.

Originally Posted By cbfurg:

I'm headed into 10 months in July.
That's a decent dent, almost there!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm hoping to see my NT-4 corn cob in the next 5 weeks too.

Pending 25OCT2016.

I already know what rifles are coming out to the range the day I take it out for the first run.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
I'm hoping to see my NT-4 corn cob in the next 5 weeks too.

Pending 25OCT2016.

I already know what rifles are coming out to the range the day I take it out for the first run.
View Quote
I know you got quite a few good looking sticks to run it with.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Man, if that dude off Facebook doesn't soon get that batch of buy-back 'Cobs transferred over, I'm just gonna nut-up and buy new. Helluva bargain but not if the deal never gets pushed through! 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't use Facebook but would like to know about the corncobs.  What's the deal?

Cheer
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#28]

It sure is purdy.  Does the NF really let you sit that close to the scope and have good eye relief?   The leupolds I have, no way.
View Quote
Yes, eye relief is ideal for me as positioned.

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:26:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#29]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
I don't use Facebook but would like to know about the corncobs.  What's the deal?

Cheer
View Quote
Apparently some OGA or LE agency went over-budget with an "unsanctioned" purchase of a batch of 'Cobs and had to unload 'em. The guy who bought them, sight-unseen, made a post about getting them and flipping them for $850ish per unit but the ATF still hasn't processed the transfer yet. This was MONTHS ago - like back in February or something. He had a previous transfer come through already so I reckon it's just a matter of waiting it out.

Apparently these 'Cobs only have about 500 rounds through them. They're all spoken for but no one has put any money up yet until we each get to see the EXACT unit we're each buying - serial and all.

So... we wait.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Did seal recce rifle have the ops inc collar and brake?  Or did they use the kac nt4?  I have the Lilja barrel and am trying to decide if I should profile it for the ops collar, or just use the kac nt4 muzzle device.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JackHass:
Did seal recce rifle have the ops inc collar and brake?  Or did they use the kac nt4?  I have the Lilja barrel and am trying to decide if I should profile it for the ops collar, or just use the kac nt4 muzzle device.
View Quote
I don't know for sure but I just really liked the MK12 15" rifle. I dont know why I just do. It looks way cool to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
That one has a AEM5 I believe. I'm cloning the picture below on mine and running a BE Meyers, Will switch to a NT4 once it clears which will be forever at this point.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:

I don't know for sure but I just really liked the MK12 15" rifle. I dont know why I just do. It looks way cool to me.
View Quote
Your rifle looks awesome, I just form3'd a AEM5 so I cant wait to get mine similar to yours. Will also be doing the 15" chop.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#36]

Your rifle looks awesome, I just form3'd a AEM5 so I cant wait to get mine similar to yours. Will also be doing the 15" chop.
View Quote
Thanks brother, like I said I did it n the cheap. After seeing Great balls of fires I just had to.

I did mine 15.3" and did the shoulder for the collars 2.3 from muzzle. This gave me 7 full rotations on the can.

I can fit a .020 feeler gauge between the can and the rail. ( . ) ( . )'s I think.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#37]

That one has a AEM5 I believe. I'm cloning the picture below on mine and running a BE Meyers, Will switch to a NT4 once it clears which will be forever at this point.
http://oi64.tinypic.com/21kfond.jpg
View Quote
That's a cool rifle.

I go back and forth on buying another NXS 2.5-10x24 or 32 or 42. The one on my 15" is my buddy's. I just sold my 1-8 accupower and think it's a perfect scope for this gun, but I hate the look of that 34mm tube but the optic outside of mushy turrets was kickass.

Do you still have your 1-8 accupower?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
From what I've seen, there are both types. I don't think you could go wrong with either, and I too am a big fan of the shorty Mk12s. They just look so fk'n cool.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#39]

That's a cool rifle.

I go back and forth on buying another NXS 2.5-10x24 or 32 or 42. The one on my 15" is my buddy's. I just sold my 1-8 accupower and think it's a perfect scope for this gun, but I hate the look of that 34mm tube but the optic outside of mushy turrets was kickass.

View Quote
I do still have the Accupower, Check out the last page I have it posted with it and the x32. Pretty much settled on using the X32 for this build for clone reason's, but I actually prefer the Accupower minus how big the thing is. That being said if your getting another NF I'd say x32 or 42 all the way, I sold my x24 for the 32 and honestly haven't looked back one bit. The eyebox is just much more forgiving (to me personally).
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#40]

I do still have the Accupower, Check out the last page I have it posted with it and the x32. Pretty much settled on using the X32 for this build for clone reason's, but I actually prefer the Accupower minus how big the thing is. That being said if your getting another NF I'd say x32 or 42 all the way, I sold my x24 for the 32 and honestly haven't looked back one bit. The eyebox is just much more forgiving (to me personally).
View Quote
Agreed on the NF. I've had all 3 of the 2.5-10 and the x42 is by far my favorite.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Apparently some OGA or LE agency went over-budget with an "unsanctioned" purchase of a batch of 'Cobs and had to unload 'em. The guy who bought them, sight-unseen, made a post about getting them and flipping them for $850ish per unit but the ATF still hasn't processed the transfer yet. This was MONTHS ago - like back in February or something. He had a previous transfer come through already so I reckon it's just a matter of waiting it out.

Apparently these 'Cobs only have about 500 rounds through them. They're all spoken for but no one has put any money up yet until we each get to see the EXACT unit we're each buying - serial and all.

So... we wait.  
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up and I will keep me eye out; there is always a percentage of group buy commits that flake out for one reason or another.  I'd be down for a lightly used NT4 for $850.00.

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:15:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunsbeerbacon] [#42]
Primary Arms 1-6x24 on an American Defense Recon-H to clear the top-mounted laser.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Un-chopped betas

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Beautimus!!!

Hey, is the MOE CTR less wide as a normal CTR?  It looks like it might be a bit more streamlined.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Beautimus!!!

Hey, is the MOE CTR less wide as a normal CTR?  It looks like it might be a bit more streamlined.
View Quote
Should be the same footprint just without the friction lock and QD socket.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#46]

That's a cool rifle.

View Quote
I had the X42 on my last MK12 I sold to a guy. The x24 are just sweet ass scopes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Un-chopped betas

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4282/35378009212_c854b1f5bc_h.jpg
View Quote
Best recce in this thread in my opinion.  Makes me all sweaty in my man parts
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Un-chopped betas

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4282/35378009212_c854b1f5bc_h.jpg
View Quote
hnnnnnng. fuckin love that stick.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Agreed on the NF. I've had all 3 of the 2.5-10 and the x42 is by far my favorite.
View Quote
Ditto.  

The adjustable parallax and bigger objective really help it out.  

I sold my 2.5-10 after I got my 4-16X42 ATACR.  Now I want a second ATACR.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 219
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top